Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - Top 100 High Score for 2023

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,131

Mr_Horizon

Blooper987 wrote:

@lifer waaaay too easy where’s the challenge mate! Mario Teaches Typing 2!!!

There's a SECOND one? Oh my, I didn't even know.

Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

@Mr_Horizon Oh no... I can guess two themes in this quiz, but they both contain #12, which means one isn’t correct. Also, PLEASE don’t do an unbeatable quiz.

Come on, look a little closer. I actually took inspiration from you in choosing two of the themes.

And don't worry, there won't be an "unbeatable" quiz - I like it when many people join a round, and nobody plays if they don't recognise anything!

Mr_Horizon

lifer

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

@Mr_Horizon Oh no... I can guess two themes in this quiz, but they both contain #12, which means one isn’t correct.

Don't fixate on knowing all five for a theme. I can see a couple of games that could kinda be considered to belong to two themes somehow. Just guess both of them! Maybe only one is correct, maybe both!

lifer

Mr_Horizon

Before the 2nd set of clues arrives this weekend, this just in...

There are two quizzes left for this year, and the Top 3 of the yearly high score is as close as never before:
Untitled

You guys are just ONE point apart from each other!

I have the current scores of the other NintendoLifers too, but those will stay a secret until the big reveal.

Mr_Horizon

lifer

@Mr_Horizon WOW! Thanks for sharing. I did not expect at all to be in the running for the win, as I always placed in the run-ups only. Consistency is bliss, it seems.
But what happened with those half points from the zoom quiz?

And the two quizzes include this one, right?
My guess is that the high-scorers will get full points this month, so hoping for a harder quiz next month for a chance to catch J.R. (sorry @BabyYoshi12 !)

Edited on by lifer

lifer

lifer

Oh, this one I noticed only now:

Mr_Horizon wrote:

Watch out, this time I am more strict with the game titles. So if you don't enter the right part of a series or franchise, you'll only get half a point!

Usually, I made sure to also name the game right, but I started slacking off there as the rules were so lenient. Will double check those submissions and also post full names then!

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Mr_Horizon

November Quiz - Clues #2

This round has seen only sparse contribution, so far 35 people have joined - five of which from this community (you're the only forum sending more people than last month!). Mmmh, I wonder why? Well, maybe some more will come now that there's a new set of clues!

Here are four more clues:

1) Game 20 is the software version of a board game.
2) You are playing a god in number 16.
3) Title 9 is a german Action RPG.
4) The games that belong to a theme are never directly after each other, there is always a gap of at least one game.

Deadline is Monday the 30th November, participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz again, good luck.
https://i.lensdump.com/i/0qk6Sb.png

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

Well I’m gonna say this. I hope to beat my high score of 2 points this month,

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

If I somehow get everything I guessed correct, I could get 10 points this round. Realistically, I’m certain I’ll get at least 4 points, likely even 5!! (Yay!!!!)

I think #24 is a bit easy for the final row. I’ve never played the game but I recognized it pretty quickly.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

lifer

@BabyYoshi12 If you say #24 is easy, chances are you got the wrong game. I've played it not that long ago, but would have not been able to name it without the themes.

I think #24 will be in the bottom 5 identified, thus rightfully earns a bottom row spot. Totally guessing, but #22 and #23 might slip out the bottom 5, maybe even #21, too.

lifer

Blooper987

@lifer how do you know so many of these! Aside from the Nintendo games and the more popular non-Nintendo games, I know none of them! It’s crazy how good you are at this. Are there any in this quiz that you don’t know?

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

lifer

@Blooper987 This month, I will probably end up with full points. But who knows with the exact game requirement.
I'm not sure if it's a good thing if the subject you are most knowledgable about is video games... It would be nicer to know everything about rocket engineering.

The Mario games were actually the toughest for me! I had a hard time identifying #12 and had #8 wrong first.
#12 I went in the wrong direction initially, and only by analyzing the picture proper and then googling, I could find the answer. I almost gave up on that one. I'd like to explain how I came to the correct answer after the month is over. It was fun. I felt smug and like a detective after identifying it.
#8, I own, but just didn't give it much thought - usually the right series is enough - and surely everyone would have that correct - but this time the exact game is required. Looking at it closely, it was suddenly fairly clear that I had it wrong.

Also for two games from the bottom row I googled to verify which game in the series they are. I believe they are agnostic though. Identical assets are used in each of the games that could be considered for them, so I believe @Mr_Horizon will give points for guesses on either possibility in both cases.

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

I think #24 is a bit easy for the final row. I’ve never played the game but I recognized it pretty quickly.

Mmmmh, I'm with lifer on this one. Number 24 is currently the hardest title of the round, with an answer rate of 31%...
But it appears you do indeed have more points this round than previously. One more week!

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

@lifer I’m 66% sure I’m correct on #24. As in I know the series but I’m not sure about the game

BabyYoda71

Mr_Horizon wrote:

But it appears you do indeed have more points this round than previously. One more week!

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BabyYoda71

@Blooper987 I get it’s hard but 31% is still pretty easy for the final row (I think, right?)

Edited on by BabyYoda71

lifer

@BabyYoshi12 Yeah, 31% is pretty high for the lowest games. The reason for that is probably a mix of the month being relatively easier, and fewer participants (and core players sticking).

@lifer I’m 66% sure I’m correct on #24. As in I know the series but I’m not sure about the game

That comment does not fill me with confidence...

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Dogorilla

#24 looks vaguely familiar to me but I can't think what it is, I don't know the theme either

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

Don’t worry @lifer I know it’s a series with very very very very few games.

I have a suspicion of the theme but I don’t have a clue what the other games in it would be.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic