Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - Top 100 High Score for 2023

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,130

BabyYoda71

@Dogorilla This might be my best quiz yet....

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

@Mr_Horizon Wait... so if we can name one of the themes, do we have to name what numbers fit into the theme? Also, what if we find a perfectly reasonable theme you didn’t? Also also, is it possible for two games to fit into the same theme?

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

@Mr_Horizon Wait... so if we can name one of the themes, do we have to name what numbers fit into the theme? Also, what if we find a perfectly reasonable theme you didn’t? Also also, is it possible for two games to fit into the same theme?

You get half a point for identifying the theme, and another half point for attributing the right games. Look at the example (the previous multi-theme quiz), that's how you can enter them.

Finding the themes has an element of Sudoku riddles (you know these?) - you know there have to always be five games in a theme, and a game can't belong to two themes at the same time. So if you find a new theme I didn't intend, that also doesn't take away from the other actual themes... sure, that would work, but I think it's unlikely.

Good luck!

Mr_Horizon

Blooper987

Think I did pretty good, but we'll have to see at the end of the month. Kinda helps that we got our good plumber here to help us Nintendo nerds out (;

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

BabyYoda71

@Mr_Horizon Okay, there’s a theme I’m certain is there, I just can’t identify all five of the games, so I would still get half a point for knowing the theme, right?

BabyYoda71

Oh no, I just had a massive typo. Please, when you’re putting together the points, pretend I typed Mario not Zelda lol

Blooper987

@BabyYoshi12 I'm pretty sure you can go in and change it. Not 100% certain though. I know you can resubmit it at least.

BabyYoda71

@Blooper987 I can change it, I would just need to retype all of my other answers. I will have to resubmit later in the month when there are clues anyways.

lifer

I'm missing only one game. To my embarassment it's one of the Mario games. The visual style says one thing, my memory another. Google doesn't support either.

lifer

lifer

@Mr_Horizon OK, I found another #26 lying in the basement, and from the looks of it, it might to belong to this month? At least it does seem a match for one of the five themes... but that's not much of a hint, is it?

Untitled

Frankly speaking, this is very hard. I played this quite a bit, and still I wonder, if I'd guess it right myself...

But whoever is first to figure it out has a nice surprise waiting for them!

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Mr_Horizon

lifer wrote:

@Mr_Horizon OK, I found another #26 lying in the basement, and from the looks of it, it might to belong to this month?
Frankly speaking, this is very hard. I played this quite a bit, and still I wonder, if I'd guess it right myself...

Oh my, if I ever want to make an unbeatable quiz I will make you my consultant. But yes, #26 would fit into one of the themes quite nicely. I have no clue so far, but will do some modest research.

Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

November Quiz - Clues #1

25 points for 25 correct names... and this time an additional five points for all of you that can figure out the five themes hidden in this round.
That's quite exciting, and now that the month is half over we have 26 people in the game. There can definitely be more - so when are YOU joining?

Watch out, this time I am more strict with the game titles. So if you don't enter the right part of a series or franchise, you'll only get half a point!

Here are the first clues:

1) Game 5 is a LEGO title.
2) The entries 6, 14 and 24 were not released on stationary devices.
3) Number 8 is the newest game in this round.
4) Image #10 is not ingame, but shows a part of the cover.

Deadline is Monday the 30th November, participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz again: https://i.lensdump.com/i/0qk6Sb.png

Mr_Horizon

Dogorilla

I'm missing one of the Mario ones too (and plenty of others...)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

lifer

Mr_Horizon wrote:

...if I ever want to make an unbeatable quiz...

Challenge accepted! But only a few would enjoy such a month, I'm afraid. Maybe as a season finale?

lifer

BabyYoda71

@Mr_Horizon Oh no... I can guess two themes in this quiz, but they both contain #12, which means one isn’t correct.
Also, PLEASE don’t do an unbeatable quiz.
I’m missing... 3 or so of the Mario Games.
Those clues were not very helpful for me ):

Blooper987

@lifer waaaay too easy where’s the challenge mate! Mario Teaches Typing 2!!!

lifer

@Blooper987 Ding ding ding! OF COURSE, that's Mario Teaches Typing 2!

I played the first MTT hardcore for a couple of days, and managed to move from index finger typing to quite fast ten finger. It should be mandatory at schools.

I probably won't be able to send you your prize before the weekend, but do you have an email address, twitter or maybe discord, so that I can contact you?

lifer

Blooper987

@lifer I have discord but I don’t think I need the prize unless it’s something I really want. What were you thinking of as a prize?

lifer

First of all, you've already won the admiration of us Quizzers here for solving #26! The least you got mine. I really don't think that was an easy game to identify.
Please excuse me, but the prize stays a surprise, I'm not gonna unveil if someone else is going to get it.
"Really want" is probably a bit much, but I'm pretty sure you'd have a good use for it!

It's really a pity that there's no DM system on NL. :/

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Blooper987

@lifer I'm only good at knowing the Nintendo games. I might be a bit too knowledgable when it comes to them lol. I don't think I need whatever this prize is, but thanks for the offer!

I would love for NL to add a DM feature, I wouldn't think it would be too complicated.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic