Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - October - Gaming Celebrities

Posts 461 to 472 of 472

Mr_Horizon

lifer wrote:

#4 I suspect thought that probably even some high scorers might have missed out on before, right? Only 45 people in for the month! Maybe the excitement that was the zoom-quiz is still taking its toll?

Yes, I totally misjudged how easy it would be to recognise number 4. The clue is helping, but the answer rate is still too low for a "first row" game.

It's 53 people by now - still a slow round, maybe not the most exciting theme.

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

I would do anything to have a Mario-themed quiz in November. At the very least, can we have a Christmas themed December quiz?

You're lucky I'm behind schedule on my quiz planning, usually I have two or more already produced in advance. But I can't promise anything yet!

Mr_Horizon

lifer

@Mr_Horizon I saw that you had a Quiz Twitter account but which was deleted. Is there a good way to contact you directly, besides registering on another forum that has DM? Discord, maybe?

lifer

Mr_Horizon

@lifer yes true, I wasn't using twitter for anything really. But Mr_Horizon on Discord should work!

Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

October Quiz - Clues #2

All the stars of this round have assembled, and it turns out one is really famous, 9 out of 10 users know right away who it is... and another one unfortunately has it the other way around. This fits perfectly, as those two celebrities come from the first and last entry in this quiz.

So far there are 62 users attending (four from here), maybe some more of you want to join? The quiz ends in one week!

Here are the last clues:

1) Number 5 is a famous youtuber (active for over 15 years) with millions of subscribers.
2) The celebrities shown in the games 2,9,11,14,22 and 23 are musicians.
3) Game 10 is a modern 3rd person shooter, there's also a sequel.
4) With title 15 we have a first person shooter for ps2, xbox, GBA and the DS.

Deadline is Saturday the 31st of October, Participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz one last time, join now:
https://i.lensdump.com/i/0133Co.png

Mr_Horizon

lifer

...#26 would be named under clue 2) as well, if anyone is still interested in searching for it.

lifer

Mr_Horizon

lifer wrote:

...#26 would be named under clue 2) as well, if anyone is still interested in searching for it.

I am curious what it is, but still have no idea.

Mr_Horizon

lifer

@Mr_Horizon Clue time!
It would probably be row 4, maybe row 5 material, due to it being single platform, one that you rarely found in people's homes even at its heyday, and also for its age.

And: the game is surprisingly easy to google, albeit will not be obvious even if it pops up in the finds.

lifer

BabyYoshi12

The one that 9 out of 10 people know is #1 isn’t it....

Still, the only one I know is #3, which I’d still say is one of the most famous video game franchises ever.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

lifer

@BabyYoshi12 Besides #3, do you have any guesses on the names of the people starring booked in? You still get 0.5 points for those!
There are seriously big stars in there, some certainly being the most famous overall in their area of work, if not even overall, globally.

Edited on by lifer

lifer

JoakimZ

@lifer Is the name of the celebrity in the title of the game?
Your clue about the game being on a platform not many people owned made me go through lists of every game released on CD-i, 3DO, Atari Jaguar and Amiga CD32 looking for games with celebrity names in the title, but I don’t think i found your game.

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

lifer

@JoakimZ You are asking a lot of detail...
It's none of those systems. I'm not 100% sure, but my guess is that less people will have had the platform of this game in their home than any of those.

I say again, this one is really easy to google. I'm sure you have seen the game's title many times if you searched generally for the games on the Quiz this month. I didn't realize this at first, but when looking for my missing #23, I browsed by #26 many times, sometimes even showing the screen the thumbnail is part of!

Edited on by lifer

lifer

JoakimZ

@lifer Well I only asked for one detail; if the name of the celebrity was in the title of the game. But now I know it’s on none of those systems, at least

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic