Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - Top 100 High Score for 2023

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,130

Dogorilla

Oh wow I'm surprised I'm the only person who got #1 before now. I don't know any of the last row though; clearly I'm playing the wrong kind of games! Actually I have an idea for #21 but I've no clue if it's right or not.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

porto

@Dogorilla I don’t know any of them. I don’t play a lot of games outside Nintendo

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Apportal Neither do I really. Most of the games I get right in these quizzes are ones I've vaguely heard of rather than games I've actually played (I think #1 is the only game I've played from this month's quiz). I've been taking part for a while now but I'm not sure if I've ever got a double-figure score. It's fun though!

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

@Dogorilla When I first saw this thread, titled “Nintendo Life gaming quiz” I assumed it was about Nintendo. Even the Nintendo games, I barely get any right. Which is why I always get such a low score.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

My scores:
June- 2
July- 2
August- 0
September Prediction: 0

Hopefully I gan escape this curse in October? You can’t get negative 2 can you? Can we please have an easy quiz? Like, a Mario themed quiz? Or Animal Crossing? Or at least Games that are Nintendo?

Edited on by BabyYoda71

lifer

@BabyYoshi12 I think you'll manage more this month. We're still at zoom level 4, which is supposedly even harder than the normal months. Level 5 should be equal, and at the end, I guess you see most of the screenshot? It's supposed to be self-solving after all!

Some of the triple A-faces are really famous, and a few of the games are also on Switch. No doubt you'll recognize them with more of the screenshots shown.

@Dogorilla I figured out #21 at the current zoom level. Suddenly it came to me... It's the most peculiar of all the pictures. Either you know it, or you don't. And you're better off with the letter, I must say.

Next zoom level should be up tonight!

lifer

lifer

I noticed new pictures are up!

Zoom level 5
Untitled

Hope it helps!

Edited on by lifer

lifer

BabyYoda71

Zoom level 5 confirmed something for me... that I do not have #19 correct. I don’t have a clue what it is, but I did not expect a beard. So random question, is there ever any mobile games in these quizzes?

Blooper987

I’m not participating this time but I’m pretty sure I know
1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

lifer

@Blooper987 Why don't you submit your answers? At the end of the year there's a team ranking, which combines the different forum's member scores. Your points will help a lot!

@BabyYoshi12 Yeah, my original guess for #19 didn't have a beard either. There has been the odd mobile or even browser game included on occasion. But it's rather rare.
This month there are a number of Nintendo games and more games that are available on Switch and/or past platforms included. That has been true for every month since I joined... well with the exception of the PC game round. There were no games made by Nintendo in that one.

lifer

BabyYoda71

@lifer There’s a team ranking at the end? Wow, I won’t contribute much to that. I’ll try though. It’s fun, even if I know nothing. I hope October’s theme is relatively easy.

JoakimZ

Now at stage 5, I think I’m pretty confident about everyone except 5, 12, 15 and 18.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

BruceCM

Huh, 13 & 14 have become easy but dunno any others....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

lifer

@JoakimZ It seems we are still doing fine. was also missing #5 and #18 (and three others) before level 5... I got them now. For #5 was on the right train of thought about what kind of game it should be. Just couldn't combine the dots. Hopefully everyone on this forum will know it at the end!

#18 I'm sure about now, and had that game incorrectly as #20 until level 5, but with sinking confidence after each update..

@BabyYoshi12 I only started playing this year, but I first noticed this thread when the summary post with last year's team scores went up. It's this post: here

There are two ways to earn points for a forum:

• Score points - Reach top ten in quizzes. Up to five points.
  • Endurance points - frequency of participation. Up to four points.

I don't know how the endurance points work exactly. Dogorilla earned us three points last year, even though he played in every round. Maybe you need to stick with it for over a year to get four? (if so - wow!)

With so many hardcore forums involved and the overall difficulty, it's pretty tough to get in the top ten at all. It takes an unhealthy level of nerd-ness (... )
So having a couple of players submitting regularly, no matter how good or bad the submission is, will be much more valuable than one player scoring high.
We have more people playing regularly now than last year, so let's keep at it and aim for a top ten Forum spot! Let's go, Team NintendoLife.

Edited on by lifer

lifer

BabyYoda71

I’m sure with @lifer we’ll get Top 10 this year. I guess I’ll help you get you some points by participation.

Dogorilla

I didn't think I recognised any more from this level at first glance, but after a closer look there are 5 games here that I didn't know before that I'm now reasonably confident on. #6 certainly became a lot more obvious at this level.

Funky Kong

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

Zoom level 5 confirmed something for me... that I do not have #19 correct. I don’t have a clue what it is, but I did not expect a beard. So random question, is there ever any mobile games in these quizzes?

Mobile games do show up in my riddles, but it's not very frequent (well, maybe except for this one quiz years ago: https://tinyurl.com/y4oktn8s). The current round does not feature a mobile game.

Mr_Horizon

lifer

There was a heavy spoiler on the quiz in the Sony PS5 presentation just now. If that had run at zoom level 3 or 4, I'd have earned more points.

Edit: actually, make that two such spoilers. Just rewatched the one bit I was particularly interested in.

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic