Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - Top 100 High Score for 2023

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,130

lifer

Zoom level 6 is up!
Untitled

You still get 0.8 points per correct answer. Worth it!

lifer

JoakimZ

Level 7 is up, and I finally have a guess for #18. I also think my previous guess for #5 is correct, but I’m really unsure about #12, and I still have no idea about #15.

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

lifer

Level 7 pic:
Untitled

@JoakimZ I might have #15 wrong. Booked that in quite early, at level 2... but the character looks different than the one I had on my mind. Which should be alright with my guess.
It's the only one I'm still a bit uncertain about. The rest is locked on my card.

lifer

lifer

Level 8 has gone up today!

Untitled

I feel the difficulty of the pics to differ greatly. I assume some of the faces every identified now. After all, we got the most iconic video game figure among them... well, outside of Mario and Pikachu maybe!?
And I really hope everyone here recognizes #1 by now!

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Dogorilla

@lifer I think I know which one you mean by the most iconic video game figure but I hadn't actually recognised them until you said that haha

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

lifer

@Dogorilla Now I feel bad, because we aren't allowed to give each other hints...
To iron that out, let's be fair and post everywhere that #15 is Sonic.

Edited on by lifer

lifer

lifer

Did anyone else notice that #7 and #9 look remarkably similar? It's like the 16 bit and FMV version of the same character!
Edit: ...and on pic #18 she's wearing a hat!

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Mr_Horizon

lifer wrote:

@Dogorilla Now I feel bad, because we aren't allowed to give each other hints...
To iron that out, let's be fair and post everywhere that #15 is Sonic.

I SAW THAT! But don't worry, it happens. It wasn't a proper hint, and it makes me happy if users talk about the quiz inbetween my posts.

Mr_Horizon

lifer

Zoom level 9 is up!
This gives 0.4 points per newly added correct answer.

Untitled

Submit your answers:
www.retrogamequiz.com

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Mr_Horizon

Yes, as @Lifer has posted (thanks for doing the updates ) - this self-solving quiz is almost done - we are on the penultimate stage, on wednesday you will briefly get the full screenshot (which you will get few points for) and then the round is over!

I suggest you use the remaining days of the month to join in - so far there's 86 players.

www.retrogamequiz.com

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

porto

Well, I found out what 1, 5, 7, and 13 are. No idea on the other ones tho.

And I'm kinda scared to look up 25

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Mr_Horizon

Watch out everyone, quiz ends tonight!

@BabyYoshi12 this would be a good time to take a second look and submit again.

Mr_Horizon

lifer

I'm wondering if this is actually much easier than the usual zoomed in screenshot month. It still seems fairly hard - if you couldn't identify the game at all at zoom level 5, chances are, you don't know it at this final stage either. Certainly not self-solving, at least.

I actually played the four games that are featured here from the same classic system when I was a kid... one day my dad brought home one of those cartridges with hundreds of games on them, never thinking what was on there exactly (games are for kids anyway!). Some of these were certainly not meant for minors.

lifer

BabyYoda71

OH NO I COMPLETELY FORGIT ABOUT THIS!!!! i am sad. i have missed points.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

Yeah, I still know nothing. I definitely don’t know what 19 is, but I guessed anyways. Ugh, I only said “I like this format” last month because the example was Mario! I thought they would all be as easy as that! They weren’t! This is fun but WAY too difficult! I really Hope next month’s theme is “Games BabyYoshi12 can get Quiz”

Edited on by BabyYoda71

BabyYoda71

lifer wrote:

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

lifer wrote:

I don't know what to say, but #1 certainly seems like a game that people on a Nintendo Board might recognise.

I hope we get a new installment eventually... it's been 16 years since the last release!

Tomorrow I'll post the answers & score.

@Lifer I thought it was easier, but I'll have to compare the final scores with the average points of previous rounds. I'll tell you tomorrow!

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

lifer

@BabyYoshi12 If I had known you are not watching the topic to get emails on new posts, I'd have named you for the updates! But yeah, it was surprisingly difficult.

The guess I'm most proud of are #22, which I had at level 2 (I kinda thought about it at level 1 already, but surely, this quiz wouldn't focus on genitalia, RIGHT?).

@MrHorizon Heavy on the hints all of a sudden!
I got my hopes up to finally book a win this time. Don't disappoint me tomorrow!

lifer

porto

Although I appreciate you trying something new, I think it’s way too hard. If you do want to do this again could you theme it at least, but still zoom in on it? That’ll make it a tad easier for those who don’t play a variety of games :3

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

BabyYoda71

lifer wrote:

@BabyYoshi12 If I had known you are not watching the topic to get emails on new posts, I'd have named you for the updates! But yeah, it was surprisingly difficult.

I did follow this thread, but for whatever reason, I don’t get notified by it anymore. ):

Not that it matters, I wouldn’t have gotten anything anyways.

But... woah, thanks for the hint @Mr_Horizon! I’ll Google and hopefully get #1 right.... If you do this style again, please also have the additional clues!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic