Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 5,141 to 5,160 of 10,277

grenworthshero

Tommy290 wrote:

Haha, I made it to the NL forums. Enough trying to track you guys down on Gamespot/GameFAQs. So, just wondering if there are any player that are in EST and play around 7-10pm. Especially anyone that's really good and interested in joining a clan. I know you NL guys are pretty tight, but I gotta try right???

Yeah, I don't expect to anyone here switching clans, because we all love playing together, but, as RDB said, it would be cool to get some clan matches together.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

komicturtle

We're in a clan?

Well, we are a community- but. Interesting.

A clan I joined back in like 2007 was the best I've ever been in. It's wasn't "omg big" or anything like that but the people rocked. It's just sad that we slowly began to deteriorate. Good days. I was apparently the king of Smash Bros. Brawl in that clan as I never lost in clan wars (which were about 3). Everyone lost but me. But at the end of the day, tons of fun.

I know, irrelevant.

komicturtle

Tommy290

Yeah, I was under the impression that the NL people weren't really a clan, just people that hang out here. So, no worries if people don't want to switch sides. Not trying to poach people. I'd love to add people that are in my time zone (I have way too many people from Europe on my list) so I can have people to roll with if Pokemon aren't on. We can also try to get some fun matches organized. Is there a NL chat? If not, you should come to the Pokemon chat at pokemonfloss.webs.com. We could probably get some impromptu games going most of the time. I've only played a couple NL people and they rocked me, but now I have a strata.

Bush League Gaming: www.bushleaguegaming.com
Come join us for awesome gaming talk!!!

Lun

gg Kreegs and Matt96, I think while we were playing that last outpost match I eliminated that one cesco guy after he spawned a hero like 5 times. I guess he never figured out that spawning a hero either on that long stretch of stairs heading up to the top level, or on the top itself was a bad idea. He seemed to evade our gernades from below, I will give him that.

@Kreegs, that first outpost match we played i damn near threw my controller b/c everytime that TANo guy killed me from behind or Sith (sd) would pop up out of nowhere EVERY time I eliminated two people, I don't think i got a 3 streak on that one, at all. When I threw a gernade at the end of the game while running and the gernade hit the very edge of the top stair emaculatly bouncing down exploding in my face i had to really hold myself from going on a rampage

Lun

RDB

Ok so some food for thought and I'd love ya'lls input!

Game changing levels in GE. For me, here goes:

Lvl 20 - I was still noobing it up a bunch by camping and the silencer sure made that easier!!! In a quick moment, camping actually became a viable strategy, even against some decent higher level players.

Lvl 25 - The Terralite is the first gun unlock that I felt really had potential to elevate me to becoming a better player. We all know the Terra's capabilities are quite nice and can really be maximized by a good player. In addition, the terra was my go to gun till lvl 41 (more on that later). Yea, sure, I took breaks to try out new weapons and all, but it was old faithful and I knew in hard times I could whip out my terralite and be transformed back to a decent player.

Lvl 31 - Particularly for all you snipers out there. The Kunera certainly changed the comfort level with sniping as moving locations became a much more feasible proposition with basically a small machine gun in hand. (Not all of us have mad handgun skills, Rom) The hawksman is fun and all, but even in a highly skilled players hand, it doesn't compare to most of the auto weapons readily available and used.

Lvl 35 - The unique part about the remote mine unlock is that I had no idea how awesome they were till after lvl 42... I used them a few times and thought "wow, this sucks having to use the phone to detonate" and went back to distraction or ext mag. It wasn't until I really gave them a committed chance, and some nice examples of great usage (Thanks Rory), that I really found out how satisfying a GE console kill from across the map, or a hero kill tucked around a corner could be. To this day, there is nothing so satisfying as a death frisbee thrown across the map and seeing the little xp bonuses! It brings joy to my soul, in some kind of really weird way.

Lvl 36 - Now, I really debated in my head whether or not to list light foot as a game changer, but I decided to with one caveat... It's not really a game changer till lvl 41, then really nice game changing jump at lvl 45, and it just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter as time goes on. See, the thing is, I really struggled to kill anyone without HH on the Terra/Stauger/Vargen. So, light foot actually hurt me until I had a faster killing gun.

Lvl 38 - One of my personal favorites! The thermal scope. Wow, a whole new way of playing emerges with access to this crazy awesome attachment. It's been suggested that the thermal scope is borderline cheating b/c of the huge advantage it gives in the hands of a skilled sniper... In particular, matched with the rapid fire, hugely powerful Toros, which btw, failed to make the grade on it's own merit (even though it's my favorite sniper rifle).

Lvl 41 - The anova... Bond's gun... the super-fast firing, recoil-manic, glorious piece of ammo-burning machinery that it is. With this upgrade I felt I had a chance to not just mutual-kill a higher level player with their fancy-schmancy guns, but I actually could kill them first and get some decent streaks going! Yea, the recoil is ridiculous, and the clip lasts about a millisecond, but when those rounds land on an enemy, it sure does kill fast. My personal favorite was to pair it with the silencer to narrow the bullet spread a bit. The nano-second required to get the extra round out for a kill was A-ok in my book for the accuracy boost. Perhaps a bit of my obsession with this gun was due to the 9 gazillion xp between my past go-to gun (terralite) and this gun.

Lvl 45 - Ahh the Strata. The last gun you'll ever really need. Paired with a silencer/acog/reflex/laser... it doesn't really matter all that much. Yea, each attachment has a particular bonus, but all in all, the strata stands on it's own as an excellent all around machine gun. Each option really just compliments your natural skills, or offsets your weaknesses, you choose. My personal favorite you ask (probly not ), silencer with ext mag and light foot. Great for farming! Although be prepared to die in the archives if silenced so lose that silencer and get a laser or acog for the accuracy boost. Even against the almighty close-range gun (masterson), I've managed some decent kill-streaks and great rounds with the strata/acog/lightfoot/rtms.

Ok, so I'm level 50 now and can't comment with any certainty or personal experience on the unlocks through lvl 56, but my only guess is that the best is yet to come at lvl 52... what is that you ask? Why, polarized contact lenses, of course!!!

Hope you enjoyed and feel free to comment, although you can rest assured that my word is the end-all say-all and can be considered an authoritative resource full of Goldeneye truth and enlightenment.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

Tommy290

RDB wrote:

Welcome... I won't be switching clans, but it'd sure be fun to cross clan party up some Let me know if you want to trade FC's and I'll get you added... but not till you say so, running out of precious "friend space".

We could start a new clan though. The [SLO] clan, which stands for Stock Loadout Only clan. Meh, nevermind, that would be terrible right about lvl 25...

You have been added good sir.

Bush League Gaming: www.bushleaguegaming.com
Come join us for awesome gaming talk!!!

ultima6605

Tech101 wrote:

Hey tommy290. Welcome to the forums. I don't usually hop on till after 11 but I'm east coast. Not really looking to leave either but ill trade codes if you like. We are so tight Ultima leaves SD just to come back to us. Sniff sniff

lol of course tech i had to come back this is where it all started with me and not even thinking about leaving you guys again like i said before i'm here to stay

NL 4LIFE

goldeneye- NEW FC:1978-6954-7606
skype-ultima6605

Spoony_Tech

RDB wrote:

Ok so some food for thought and I'd love ya'lls input!

Game changing levels in GE. For me, here goes:

Lvl 20 - I was still noobing it up a bunch by camping and the silencer sure made that easier!!! In a quick moment, camping actually became a viable strategy, even against some decent higher level players.

Lvl 25 - The Terralite is the first gun unlock that I felt really had potential to elevate me to becoming a better player. We all know the Terra's capabilities are quite nice and can really be maximized by a good player. In addition, the terra was my go to gun till lvl 41 (more on that later). Yea, sure, I took breaks to try out new weapons and all, but it was old faithful and I knew in hard times I could whip out my terralite and be transformed back to a decent player.

Lvl 31 - Particularly for all you snipers out there. The Kunera certainly changed the comfort level with sniping as moving locations became a much more feasible proposition with basically a small machine gun in hand. (Not all of us have mad handgun skills, Rom) The hawksman is fun and all, but even in a highly skilled players hand, it doesn't compare to most of the auto weapons readily available and used.

Lvl 35 - The unique part about the remote mine unlock is that I had no idea how awesome they were till after lvl 42... I used them a few times and thought "wow, this sucks having to use the phone to detonate" and went back to distraction or ext mag. It wasn't until I really gave them a committed chance, and some nice examples of great usage (Thanks Rory), that I really found out how satisfying a GE console kill from across the map, or a hero kill tucked around a corner could be. To this day, there is nothing so satisfying as a death frisbee thrown across the map and seeing the little xp bonuses! It brings joy to my soul, in some kind of really weird way.

Lvl 36 - Now, I really debated in my head whether or not to list light foot as a game changer, but I decided to with one caveat... It's not really a game changer till lvl 41, then really nice game changing jump at lvl 45, and it just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter as time goes on. See, the thing is, I really struggled to kill anyone without HH on the Terra/Stauger/Vargen. So, light foot actually hurt me until I had a faster killing gun.

Lvl 38 - One of my personal favorites! The thermal scope. Wow, a whole new way of playing emerges with access to this crazy awesome attachment. It's been suggested that the thermal scope is borderline cheating b/c of the huge advantage it gives in the hands of a skilled sniper... In particular, matched with the rapid fire, hugely powerful Toros, which btw, failed to make the grade on it's own merit (even though it's my favorite sniper rifle).

Lvl 41 - The anova... Bond's gun... the super-fast firing, recoil-manic, glorious piece of ammo-burning machinery that it is. With this upgrade I felt I had a chance to not just mutual-kill a higher level player with their fancy-schmancy guns, but I actually could kill them first and get some decent streaks going! Yea, the recoil is ridiculous, and the clip lasts about a millisecond, but when those rounds land on an enemy, it sure does kill fast. My personal favorite was to pair it with the silencer to narrow the bullet spread a bit. The nano-second required to get the extra round out for a kill was A-ok in my book for the accuracy boost. Perhaps a bit of my obsession with this gun was due to the 9 gazillion xp between my past go-to gun (terralite) and this gun.

Lvl 45 - Ahh the Strata. The last gun you'll ever really need. Paired with a silencer/acog/reflex/laser... it doesn't really matter all that much. Yea, each attachment has a particular bonus, but all in all, the strata stands on it's own as an excellent all around machine gun. Each option really just compliments your natural skills, or offsets your weaknesses, you choose. My personal favorite you ask (probly not ), silencer with ext mag and light foot. Great for farming! Although be prepared to die in the archives if silenced so lose that silencer and get a laser or acog for the accuracy boost. Even against the almighty close-range gun (masterson), I've managed some decent kill-streaks and great rounds with the strata/acog/lightfoot/rtms.

Ok, so I'm level 50 now and can't comment with any certainty or personal experience on the unlocks through lvl 56, but my only guess is that the best is yet to come at lvl 52... what is that you ask? Why, polarized contact lenses, of course!!!

Hope you enjoyed and feel free to comment, although you can rest assured that my word is the end-all say-all and can be considered an authoritative resource full of Goldeneye truth and enlightenment.

Thanks for the autobiography! I couldn't resist posting this again. Just my thoughts!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RDB

Tech101 wrote:

Thanks for the autobiography! I couldn't resist posting this again. Just my thoughts!

[RDB exit stage left, hanging head in shame]

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

isforshooting

[Player Name] is looking to recruit. If anyone is interested just let me know. We're a pretty laid back clan with some decent players. We like to farm, dabble in heroes, and do the occasional war with other good clans. If this sounds like fun to you let me know or stop by our chat in the evenings for North America times: goldeneyeblackbox.blogspot.com

Even if you are not interested in joining feel free to stop in and we'll organize some matches for good xp and fun.

[hot lunch]

isforshooting

romulux

ultima i've never seen anyone as good at hip firing a rifle as that night...whatever guy. he was coming around corners and killing me instantly with one shot. i thought he was using an aimbot until i saw how much he sucked at scoping it.

speaking of sniping, i started that jungle match out with an 11 streak, really kicking , then went straight to a deathstreak when you started sniping me in the exact same spot over and over. i kept thinking "maybe he's gone by now..." and just kept dying the same way. i went to check the ridge to take you out and there was nothing there, i was pissed!

Edited on by theblackdragon

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

-HD-

i absolutely hate the wiimote and nunchuk setup! I I've been trying to use it for the last week and i suck at using it, and don't really like the feel of it one bit. I've been the biggest liability on my team when using that thing. I know some of you all are "waggle users" and I can see some advantages to using it over the CCP. Any suggestions on transitioning to it? i'm shameful with it.

I'm going back to my gold CCpro for now. (Maybe I need to waggle practice on a different account)

GoldenEye: 0045 4022 5167 [N] HD [L]
"I will kill you, commit suicide, and kill you again"
<Youtube> -- <Dope16.com Rap/Beat Battles> --

romulux

DarWin wrote:

i absolutely hate the wiimote and nunchuk setup! Any suggestions on transitioning to it?

customize! you can change everything about it so there's no excuse for failing to find a setup you like. spend some time in single player getting the basic feel right and experiment with every setting, you can fine tune it as you go along from there. also make sure you're sitting directly in front of the tv, not to close or far away, and rest the remote in your lap or on your nunchuk hand (that's what i do).

Spoony_Tech

I can't wait to spam proxies all over this laggy mess of a game. I'm going to take over for demon and complain every chance I get. Take two steps boom respawn spawn kill another's spawn kill proxy kill. Lag kill. Take two step appear in another part of the board. Go around the corner dead and about 10 feet around to. Nice job eurocom. We love ya. Great game!! OK so I'm not as articulate as demon don't care tired I'm going to get some laggy sleep.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

offensive-nl

Cant play a normal game the last 2 days because of the LAG

offensive-nl

romulux

^ha. it's getting hard not to complain every time i come on here, the game is just bumming me out every time i play it. i'm getting to the point where if i have to shake the remote to unstick my dead zone one more time i'm going to lose it. complain away, guys, we need this forum as therapy for our GE problems.

conduit 2 just got updated to reduce lag, improve the spawn system and rebalance some of the weapons... i think this is the fourth patch. the thought that right now we could be playing a game with a non- spawn system, host migration, pistols balanced to be competitive with the rest of the arsenal, no glitches, all if eurcom just spent the time to put an update system in place... is driving me nuts.

if any of you new guys haven't complained to eurocom at their site yet please do. in a way it sucks that the game is so good otherwise because it's sold well enough for eurocom to be satisfied with it and walk away. they have no incentive to continue working on it to support the fans. if people keep shaming them enough maybe they'll eventually do something. i wouldn't care if you had to buy the whole disc over again.

Edited on by theblackdragon

grenworthshero

I guess that depends on your definition of the word "clan". As far as I'm concerned, if you share a tag in your name, and you play regularly with that group of people, then you're in a clan, so yes, that's what I consider NL to be.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

RDB

isforshooting wrote:

[Player Name] is looking to recruit. If anyone is interested just let me know. We're a pretty laid back clan with some decent players. We like to farm, dabble in heroes, and do the occasional war with other good clans. If this sounds like fun to you let me know or stop by our chat in the evenings for North America times: goldeneyeblackbox.blogspot.com

Even if you are not interested in joining feel free to stop in and we'll organize some matches for good xp and fun.

[hot lunch]

Hey, good for you guys. [PN] is one of the few clans I'd join if I ever ran away from home (NL), although that won't happen. Maybe I'll go [[NL]RDB] to encompass the spirit of the PN clan while remaining at heart a NL member... JK, but seriously, you guys seem to have a great clan with outstanding players and it's always a pleasure join up with you all. Good luck on the search!

@tech, now I remember why you committed to not posting AFTER you finish late at night... Ha ha, laggy sleep!

@DarWin... Ok Bruce, listen here! Do yourself a favor... take that gold ccp you have and put it behind your car tire and backup... sweep it up and put it in the garbage. Ok, maybe just sell it or something, but whatever you do, don't give up on the wiimote!!! You will not regret it! I'm a former ccp user. I used it till lvl 32 or so and then switched. I feel your pain, it was a rough 2 weeks or so, but now, I'm very glad I switched. I'd say start at experienced 1 settings in 1P mode and go from there. Like Rom said, don't try to hold the wiimote steady, set it on something to steady it. I put a firm pillow in my lap and set both hands on it to steady them. Keep up the work, it'll be worth it in the long run!

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Spoony_Tech

Found out why I had some frustration last night. It was due to a level 56 hacker that can see everyone's name. I was wondering why he would turn around and shoot me before I could get him. At least it makes me feel a little bit better about me game.

@Nightwing I just come to the realization that you asking Ultima if you can use his old name is like your best friend asking you if he can date your ex. Its just seems wrong. Ultima should just retire that name like a sports team would do a number of a hall of fame player.

Sorry RDB didn't mean to rant and rave after your touching autobiography. You poured your heart out there for your love of the game and I just stomped all over it. Please except my apology!

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.