Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 861 to 880 of 4,673

Glitchling78

Bought My Time at Portia earlier, played about an hour so I’ll give my early impressions.

The pre-release warnings about loading times can be mostly ignored as the game has been patched now. The only long loading time is opening the game but if you’re like me and stick to one game and just use sleep mode you probably won’t have to go through it often.

The character creation tool is flexible but very hard to control, I got the hang of it eventually but it took waaaaay longer then it should’ve. Glad I only have to do that once!

The game itself is pretty. Having come from playing a lot of Stardew Valley it’s nice to have a similar game with a completely different, more ambitious graphical style. The world seems big but I don’t know much about that yet as I’ve not fully explored.

One thing I love is that the player isn’t a silent protagonist. They don’t seem to have a big personality but it’s so nice that there’s a dialogue rather than characters just awkwardly talking at you.

Performance is the only real annoyance for me. The main offender is laggy menus. It’s only a wait of a couple of seconds to open but it doesn’t feel right. There is also a little stutter when chopping trees, it’s not intrusive but I do worry that more stutters might happen during more intense moments like combat.

Overall I’m looking forward to getting more into it, even though there are a few areas it could be improved

Glitchling78

Lroy

Another indulgent pinball related treat to myself, bought the double-pack of Alvin G & Co. tables (Pistol Poker & Al’s Garage Band) for THE PINBALL ARCADE. Only the EM pack left on my wish list for this game.

EDIT: Thought what the hell, also bought the Gottlieb EM table pack. Have all the tables currently available now in THE PINBALL ARCADE on Switch with the exception of the FarSight original Dr. Who table as I’ve only ever heard scathing opinions about it. Oh and Stern’s FLIGHT 2000 is an anomaly that I don’t own as it is packed within one of the Stern table packs and I already own all the other Stern tables in the physical release of STERN PINBALL (was way cheaper to get the tables this way).

So unless FarSight release any more tables, I’ve completed my TPA collection. 👍

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

MarioVillager92

I just got Yoshi's Crafted World! It was the last copy in stock at Best Buy, so that felt good.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

Ow, Yeah...!! 🤓😎
Untitled
I have bought FF X/X-2 HD Remastered Asia English version for Nintendo Switch this afternoon.

I have kissed goodbye my PS4 version of FF X/X-2 HD and World of Final Fantasy. They have been sold quickly by my game shop owner and i traded them with FF X/X-2 HD remastered Switch version.

Next, i will kiss goodbye again for FF XII the Zodiac Age and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix PS4 version to be traded with FF XII the Zodiac Age Switch version and Metroid Prime Federation Force 3DS.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BalloonFighter

Just bought Lego DC Supervillians for $20.

BalloonFighter

Lroy

mpjustica wrote:

Civilization 6

Great game.

bellow

Not really my type of game, but little more than a tenner for a game as beautiful looking as Rayman legends on the eshop, well, it seemed impolite not to.

bellow

KarateLuigi

Minecraft. I bought the Java edition waaaay back, but got tired of struggling with hardware performance and lack of portability keeping me from being able to play it reliably for years (I travel a lot).

Currently playing: ACNL, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Art Academy, Minecraft, Mario Tennis Aces
Sidegames: Super Kirby Clash, Overcooked 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3

Looking forward to: Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Swish
Hyped for: ACNH

shonenjump86

Cuphead

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7254-3677-0897 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-2566-1897 | Nintendo Network ID: Shonenjump86

Qwertyninty

Well my latest purchase is MK11. I plan on getting saints row the third and then bulletstorm. After that I probably won’t purchase anything else until the holiday season assuming there is something worth the purchase. Excited to see what E3 holds for switch gamers like myself.

Qwertyninty

Emanon

New member and a recent Switch owner. In the 3 months I've owned the switch I have added 22 physical games to my collection. In the past week I have picked up these titles in physical form.
Final Fantasy X remaster
SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
Street Fighter 30'th Anniversary Collection
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (It was 19.99 at Best Buy and I heard it plays like xcom which i have on PC and love)
Crash Bandicoot Triology (picked up just now)

Emanon

Lroy

Time to head back into the kitchen. Picked up the latest DLC ‘Campfire Cook Off’ for OVERCOOKED! 2. One of my fave games to play couch co-op with the other half.

Edited on by Lroy

RR529

Just ordered a physical copy of Onimusha: Warlords from Amazon Japan. I've always wanted to try the series since the PS2 days, and I've always wanted to import a game from Japan (just because I think it's cool), and since the this HD rerelease is budget priced and has an English option, I figured it was time to bite.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

gcunit

@RR529 Yep, I'm also drawn to the glamorous notion of importing cool **** from Japan, but most of the time the reality of shipping and customs charges is enough to dissuade me. Does getting Japanese imports second hand from a UK seller count, cos I've got a few of those (like Ouendan - all in japanese so bonus points).

Come to think of it, I did import a couple of the Smash branded gamecube controllers directly from Japan (via Amazon UK marketplace admittedly) in the Wii U days. So look at me, I'm a bona fide importer of (semi) cool **** after all!

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

Deponia
Bomber Crew
Final Fantasy XII
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@CrazyZelda79 Great! I'm surprised there's such a good deal on launch day. Nabbed this physically, so I'll have another cart to add to my collection of physical games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MrNerdyJay

Super Mario Party

Friend Code: 0989-2777-2858

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic