Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 381 to 400 of 4,686

RR529

Captain Toad (physical) & Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tiefseemiez

@Lroy
How do you like Sine Mora? Thought about getting it too.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Joekun

Y’s VIII, but I’ve been tempted to pick up Sonic Mania Plus. I’m not a big fan of the series though, so so far I’ve managed to talk myself out of it.

Joekun

Lroy

Tiefseemiez wrote:

@Lroy
How do you like Sine Mora? Thought about getting it too.

I'm really enjoying it so far, for £9.99 it is well worth the money for any fan of horizontal shoot-em-ups. The mechanics and controls have been intuitive and easy to pick-up. It looks graphically impressive, plays smooth and there seems to be a fair amount of content.

Only thing I'd cite as a potential turn-off, the actual plot has some rather crude and not very well written adult material early on. However, this aspect of the game and whether it will be something you invest in or simply skip over will be purely subjective of course.

So yes, my initial impressions of SINE MORA on Switch are very positive. Like I said, I think if you enjoy side-scrolling shooters like R-TYPE, PULSTAR, BLAZING STAR but want to try a modern interpretation of the genre, SINE MORA is a good fit.

If you do end up picking it up, please share your thoughts on the game. I do intend to play through the story and tackle some of the other modes after that.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Von_Spaun

Hungry Shark World and The Flame In The Flood are the latest I've bought.

Edited on by Von_Spaun

Von_Spaun

Magician

As a North American physical collector, I think Super Putty Squad is beginning to become tough to find. So I picked up a copy. I also put preorders down for Space Hulk, Warhammer 40k Deathwing, and Windstorm. Because I doubt those games will receive a North American release.

PixARK and ARK Survival Evolved, I'll wait and see if they come. No rush.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

OfNullAndVoid

I bought Splatoon 2 a month and a week ago, and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It was a bit of a gamble as I typically don't play a lot of shooters. This weekend I finished World 5 Stage 22, so I'm not to far off from finishing hero mode. I've yet to hit rank 10, however this is due to me enjoying Salmon Run a lot. Unfortunately this weekend I wasn't doing to great and went from Profreshional back to Overachiever.

The one thing I like though, is that win or lose, there's always some gain. Salmon run still rewards you with eggs gathered, and in turf wars you still get exp.

I have yet to get the Octo Expansion though. So far Hero Mode hasn't proven to difficult, so I wonder how well I would fare in the expansion.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

OfNullAndVoid

@Fake-E-Lee Ouch, that confirms what I've been hearing... Oh well, I have plenty of other games I'm aiming to get. Currently I'm looking at Sonic Mania, Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2, Steamworld Dig 2, and Shovel Knight. I love RPGs, and would probably get Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, Ys 8, or Tales of Vesperia, but I've been wanting something different lately to break the mold. Maybe once I've played a few platformers, shooters, or other genres I'll pick up one of those RPGs.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

EvilLucario

@OfNullAndVoid I'm currently ~25 levels completed, but it doesn't seem hard so far. But challenges are very varied compared to the single-player, which could be the source of some frustration I suppose.

Perhaps it'll change as I keep progressing though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

FX102A

Ordered Shining Resonance; hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

Was planning on playing it first but Octopath has latched onto me.

FX102A

ChampEccentric

Uuuuughh, I'm seriously on the fence on getting Octopath. The only thing setting me back is time and money, but the game has captivated me so much since it's announcement that I'm considering sacrificing those to play it...

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLfE-OlToFnuJI-wdEqNu2w
Twitter: @ChampEccentric
Tumblr: https://thechampioneccentric.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheChampionEccentric/

Twitter:

Lroy

Treated my son (and me 😉) to MARIO TENNIS ACES today. Be nice to play together over the summer holidays 👍

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

bixente

Latest purchases were YS VIII, Graceful Explosion Machine, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, and City Connection. Especially taken with the latter.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

SigourneyBeaver

This month I got Octopath Traveler, Shining Resonance and Go Vacation.

Sigourney Beaver.

Leegrids

no advertising please, use your signature for this stuff...-Joey

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Leegrids

ValhallaOutcast

Brawlout , Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

FX102A

Life Events (nothing bad) has meant I have had to restrict myself to 1 game a month unless it is something a desperately want or I got some Paypal credit from eBay sales. Last month was Octopath, this month Shining Resonance (please please PLEASE someone from the UK tell me the region colour on their's! XD). Got no pre-orders but next purchase may be Sonic Mania Plus, Okami (JP) or the 2 Megaman X Collections (That counts as one!!).

FX102A

Tiefseemiez

Was a bit overwhelmed by the sale and bought too many games:
The Escapists 2
Old Man's Journey
Worms W.M.D (never played a Worms-game before)
Framed Collection

Also had Banner Saga 3 preordered and thus got it at launch.

Played Old Man's Journey on the weekend. A pretty and pretty sad puzzle-game.
Started Banner Saga 3 next. Hope the conclusion of the game is fitting but not too depressing (cannot see how things turn out well all in all and hope there is no cheesy twist, but also I hope the world doesn't simply end and that's it).

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

isturbo1984

None as of late. But technically DKC: Tropical Freeze. this black Friday event though... heh. I got a 10+ list already. Hopefully Octopath will be back in stock physical by then.

"The Skeleton King, secret, post-credits 'true' final boss"
-Eldin Ring leaks

Matthew010

Mario Tennis Aces and we're getting Go Vacation at some point (hopefully soon!)

Matthew010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic