Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 4,636

MarioBrickLayer

After a delay, my copy of Super Crush KO arrived today.

MarioBrickLayer

Jey887

Picked up physical copies of Sine Mora (£5), Bloodstained: Ritual of of Night (£10) and Ys Origin (£20).

I'm getting a bit addicted with collecting physical Switch games. Which is weird because I buy everything on other platforms digitally.

Jey887

ophone

Downloaded Pumpkin Jack.
It was on my wish list and is currently discounted 40%, at least here in Europe.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

MarioBrickLayer

Untitled

I picked up a few bargains on Amazon UK, plus Captain Toad.

Sayonara Wild Hearts - £8.99
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - £15.85
Yoku's Island Express - £16.49

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

My latest physical purpose was a number of items from Limited Run Games, including Haven, Super Meat Boy + Forever, Neon Abyss, and Monster Boy Collector's Edition.
My latest physical arrival was Kitaria Fables yesterday, which means I received the game a whole 9 days early apparently.

Aside from that, I made some digital purchases too, skimming through the Nintendo UK eShop listings I found that a number of games I purchased physically in the past were available for extremely cheap, so I indulged for the convenience and to support the devs.

SuperEpic: The Entertainment War - £1.49 (-90%) until 26/08/2021
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - £6.24 (-75%) until 09/09/2021
A Robot Named Fight - £1.99 (-80%) until 08/09/2021
Mechstermination Force - £2.19 (-80%) until 25/08/2021
Aggelos - £2.39 (-80%) until 26/08/2021
RIVE: Ultimate Edition - £0.94 (-93%) until 05/09/2021
Swap This! - £0.94 (-79%) until 05/09/2021
Toki Tori - £0.94 (-79%) until 05/09/2021
Toki Tori 2+: Nintendo Switch Edition - £0.94 (-93%) until 05/09/2021

Toki Toki 1 and 2, as well as Rive and Swap This are part of a Super Rare Games collection I bought.
https://superraregames.com/products/srg-19-20-two-tribes-coll...

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

ophone

My first purchase at PlayAsia:
Untitled

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

dmcc0

@RupeeClock This post is why I have such a hard time buying physicals for some of these types of games - £65 for the physical collection or about £4 for them digitally. I do actually prefer having physical media for Switch but some of the prices of these Limited availability carts makes it hard to justify. Could likely buy a couple of them for the price of the shipping on the Super Rare cart.

dmcc0

Solarstriker

Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit (Remastered)

Wow, this game is intense.

Solarstriker

Ralizah

$30 for Bravely Default 2. Couldn't resist.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

Ralizah wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Same.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Same.

That's a very good deal for that game. Not gonna lie, it has some great QoL improvements over Bravely Default. Honestly, I feel it's ever so slightly the better game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JasmineDragon

@Magician I just received my copy of Shadowverse: Champion's Battle, and am very impressed with the physical package. I saw your comment about the manual, but I figured it was like an eight-page booklet maybe, not a whole traditional manual!

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Ralizah

@Tyranexx I don't like some of the gameplay changes in BD2 based on the demo, but it's guaranteed to be better if it doesn't have a miserable mid-to-late-game section where you have to fight the same bosses over and over and over and over. That section almost tanked BD for me, which is a shame, because the endgame is actually really good.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

MontyCircus

An obscure little game called Animal Crossing: New Horizons is on its way.

MontyCircus

PoliticallyIncorrect

I just bought the collector's edition of UnderHero. Limited to 1000 copies.

The Other White Meat

Magician

@JasmineDragon

Very cool. I look forward to your opinion of the game in the thread I created, should you decide to share it. It'll probably be a while before I get around to playing it myself so I'm genuinely curious. As you mentioned, I was simply blown away by the effort of the packaging and absence of a day-one patch. Most physical releases don't receive half as much love and respect.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GamingBread

Got Super Mario Maker 2 physically.

It's great

I am a piece of bread, and I love playing 3D World.
The Switch is one of the best consoles ever.
I'm guessing people will make a lot of jokes about my username.

Friend Code: SW-0185-9912-2805

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic