Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 4,675

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I can't recall if you've played the first game. If not, that one is worth playing first IMO, though it isn't entirely mandatory. The game is enjoyable without it.

@Ralizah There were a couple of changes in the BD2 demo I wasn't fond of either, mainly how encounters worked; ironically, I usually prefer no random encounters, but manipulating the encounter slider in the previous games was a sheer joy and made grinding and loping off to heal way more manageable. They handled some of my complaints between the original rough demo and the final demo, but not all.

The second half of Bravely Default didn't bother me that much. I saw it as a great opportunity for some light grinding (and experimenting with the Black Mage/Arcanist combo, which was borderline broken in that game; probably why they didn't add the latter in BS:EL). Plus, there was actually some nuance to some of those later chapters if one poked around a bit. Particularly in chapter 6, if memor y serves. Overall, the second half is a valid complaint, but I didn't find it excruciating. Completely agree how great the endgame is, it highlights one of my favorite things about the series: breaking the fourth wall.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I haven't played any of the series, so I'm excited to see how this differs from the FF games.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Unlike most of the mainline FF entries, the only one with a self-contained story right now is Bravely Default II (To my knowledge; haven't played this one yet). The other two are directly tied together with Bravely Second serving as a direct sequel. Plenty of new characters are introduced, though plenty of characters return too. I'd love to expand more, but it's very hard to get into a lot of the details without crossing into spoiler territory.

Again though, at the end of the day it's still a decent enough game where you don't need all the puzzle pieces from what happened previously to enjoy it. The game briefly touches on said past happenings as well. I will say...beware the addiction that is Chompcraft.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx sweet deal, super excited to dive in tomorrow( was supposed to come Saturday but thankfully got pushed up to tomorrow). Hoping it grabs me like FF7 and 9 did.

NintendoByNature

jdrocks89

Pretty Girls Klondike Solitaire
Hotshot Racing

jdrocks89

CurryPowderKeg79

Just bought (Quake and Dusk) physically from Limited Run Games

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Magician

The Red Strings Club
Cotton Reboot
Wonder Boy - Asha in Monster World
Kyogeki Quartet Fighters
Kamiko
Brave Girl + Genie Girl Combat

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Atomic77

I just went to my local Gamestop today and picked up a gem of a nintendo switch game called Saints Row IV Re Elected.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

SKTTR

Physical (Switch):
Go Vacation
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
Starlink: Battle for Atlas
TETRIS 99

Physical (Wii U):
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Downloads (Switch):
Pokémon-TV
Pokémon UNITE
Super Animal Royale

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Kaioken

I’m really late but donkey kong tropical freeze

Kaioken

ophone

@Kaioken
Nice one, it's my favourite platformer I've played so far on the Switch.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Magician

Ape Out
Rustler (I got locked into a discount offer and so couldn't cancel my preorder; whoopsie)
No More Heroes III
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (trade)
Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions (trade)

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

Special Reserve. It took a over a month from SRG's twitter post mentioning that shipping had begun, but it finally arrived. Better late than never I always say.

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician I regret not oedering that when I had chance, how is it packaged? From what I have seen on ebay the steelbook is separate to the rest? Is that correct? Is it sealed?

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

@Magician I regret not oedering that when I had chance, how is it packaged? From what I have seen on ebay the steelbook is separate to the rest? Is that correct? Is it sealed?

The steelbook was shipped in the same Special Reserve branded packaging. But yes, the Ape Out cardboard box doesn't offer enough room to house both the steelbook as well as the the game case, which is unfortunate. I would've liked to keep everything together rather than storing the steelbook elsewhere.

Edited on by Magician

alpacatears

I got Terraria over the weekend and I know it's gonna be a massive time sink

alpacatears

MarioVillager92

Got Spelunky from the eShop. This time I used my gold coins since they were gonna start expiring in a couple months.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

NintendoByNature

@Sdelintwouters it's got some ups and downs. I think it's alot easier than the 1st game, so it might be good for beginners, but it does seem like a slight downgrade from the original. Think I beat it in 8 or 9 hours.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Sdelintwouters yea he's done a good job on both. Glad to support him. I do like the world better in 2 but the combat and gameplay was more fun in 1.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic