Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,302

Quarth

@Heavyarms55 LOL! 😂 Well, the AI isn't perfect in the game. I understand that Melia and Shulk are still pretty useless if not used as the party leader.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Heavyarms55

@Quarth Not from what I have seen. But there are some arts they learn that you really don't want equipped while the AI is controlling them. Like Melia's art where she slashes her own health to heal someone else.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Quarth

@Heavyarms55 OK, haven't tried her in battle yet. Still exploring Frontier Village, this place is crazy.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Heavyarms55

@Quarth Lol it seriously is. I spent literally 40 minutes yesterday just running around it collecting all the side quests before going back out exploring Makna with her and Riki (his introduction is still kind of the best thing ever btw)

Literally every party member in this game is amazing and useful. I love all of them so much. Melia is probably my second favorite to play as in terms of gameplay. If I were to rank the cast on game play, I like Shulk, Melia, Sharla, Fiora, Riki, Dunban and Reyn. But it's really the first 4 and the last 3. I like playing as an attacker or supporter, rather than a tank. As fictional characters, I love Melia, after her, Fiora, Sharla, Riki, Shulk, Dunban and Reyn. I love all of the cast but not quite equally. And there is practically no one in the whole game I honestly dislike. The antagonists are interesting, the side quests full of flavor and world building, supporting characters like Otharon, Juju and Gadolt all fairly interesting to one degree or another. Basically everyone evolves and changes as the story progresses, even the bad guys.

I could ramble on and on about all the things I love about this game!

JaxonH

Whew.

Just got Hulk Hogan and Count Dracula Dickson and Dunban in my party.

That was... pretty epic. This whole game is epic. The more I play the more astounded I am and the more I feel like I need to let loose all this bottled up amazement at how great the game is

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

KoenM84

TheLightSpirit wrote:

I'm at Mechon M71 and just like in the original Wii game this guy is giving me so much trouble. I was actually enjoying the game up until this point. Stupid fireballs keep hitting me no matter what I do and yes I'm using Speed art but I still get hit and die instantly.

I didn't play the original Wii game, but other than that; same. Tried about 10 times yesterday before I had to quit playing. The times I focused on the four arms first were the best efforts.

Edited on by KoenM84

Primal Creation - Modern Thrash Metal (BE) @ Spotify

My Nintendo: KoenM84 | Nintendo Network ID: KoenM84

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH That's an awesome moment. Dickson has such a cool weapon, a stinking gun-blade!

Shame he's not a regular party member.

jedgamesguy

@KoenM84 On the Wii, I just went to Colony 6 and grinded there, until LV 21, or so. But in DE I actually bothered to do quests, so I was already Lv 22 by the time I encountered M71.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

Gosh dang. I have no idea what M71 is but I'm level 25 or 26, and just beat Xord. And I've not gone out of my way to do one single side quest or intentionally grind. I just fight alot of enemies wherever I go.

And it was a fight to the bloody end. How on earth are people way past where I am but 10 levels under

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zeldafan79

I don't like leaving any sidequests unfinished but after doing so many before getting on with the plot i felt too overpowered. Then again isn't it cool to reach a boss and completely wreck him? One thing in RPG's i can't stand is getting to a certain area and realizing I'm too weak to progress and having to spend hours just grinding rather than actually getting on with it. Luckily xenoblade is not a grind fest!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

StuTwo

I’m only about 4 hours in. Never played any of the Xenoblade games before but I’m having a great time.

I like how approachable it is. The game feels like it respects my time in little ways. Replenishing my health as soon as I’m out of a battle for instance - it’s so simple but it cuts out the need to go into a menu and encourages exploration instead of turning dungeons into an act of attrition.

The cast seems very strong so far too. Here’s to the next 96 hours...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

TuVictus

Glad to hear such positive impressions. Yeah, this game really is something special. Every character is likeable and the plot is intriguing from the get go. Some of my favorite music is in the second half of the game. Thinking of getting the game even though I did recently beat it again on my pc emulator.

TuVictus

Heavyarms55

I just want to mention how much it entertains me that Melia says she will show you her true power, not from any of her powerful ether arts or anything, but instead, when she wacks an enemy with her staff. XD

This is just one example of a bit of comedic relief in this game that I'd love to see carried over to an anime adaptation some day. It's not impossible, we've had other games turned into anime before, I know there was at least one Persona anime at one point for example.

I utterly adore this game and would love seeing it get anime adaptation at some point. I know it'll probably never happen but still.

Also another great conversation:

Riki: "Riki wish Melia was real big sister!"

Melia: "Aww, but what about Sharla?"

Riki, deadpan: "Sharla more like mama, one mama enough."

Sharla: "Now just you wait a second!"

JaxonH

Sharla
but will the elevator even work?

Reyn
we'll know once we're on it

Sharla
you make me laugh

Reyn
well I'm right, ain't I?

[5 min. later on working elevator]

Reyn
See, I told ya!

Sharla
yes, we're all impressed

Ryu_Niiyama

@Knighty_IX For me I feel like there should be some way to confront the Dark Brethren. Yeah Sagi and co took out Wiseman but but the real puppeteers are the Dark Brethren. I suppose you could look at it in a Evil will never be destroyed fashion but that to me just means another War of Gods or Malidaiter(I'm sure I spelt that wrong) scenario is waiting in the wings. I suppose the Whale could act as the protector of the restored world but considering he was neutral during the war of gods in the first place I don't really trust him.

Backtracking never felt cumbersome to me (neither did it feel like there was a lot of it at least in BK...I don't remember the minutia of BKO as well although I strongly remember the story) but that could be the nostalgia talking. I haven't spun up either game in about a decade or so.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

Currently on chapter 10, so far the game has been very good though I do currently prefer XC2 because the side quests and story pace are a lot better in that game. XC1's side quests so far have been rather dull a lot of the time and the situation of multiple points at which quests expire of story events compared with XC2 only having 1 point and only a few quests affected means the main story progresses too slow if you want to complete the side quests in XC1.

Also on a side note, I think I would've enjoyed XC1 more than I currently do if I played it before 2014 as Smash Wii U (maybe 3DS too?) had some pretty heavy spoilers for the plot.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

Whew.

Just got Hulk Hogan and Count Dracula Dickson and Dunban in my party.

Lol Hulk Hogan is a pretty good comparison. Never thought of that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

@TheLightSpirit
Didn’t seem to drag on to me. Was a pretty standard length boss fight. And probably still faster than a standard battle in Xenoblade 2 😁

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic