Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,302

Tyranexx

Dezzy wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

Whew.

Just got Hulk Hogan and Count Dracula Dickson and Dunban in my party.

Lol Hulk Hogan is a pretty good comparison. Never thought of that.

Hulk Hogan is definitely a great comparison. But I'd say Van Helsing over Count Dracula for Dunban.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

It has arrived!!! And this copy isnt damaged, thankfully. I'll be fully engulfed tonight folks..

NintendoByNature

scoobdoo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Currently on chapter 10, so far the game has been very good though I do currently prefer XC2 because the side quests and story pace are a lot better in that game.

Might have to agree. The battles, the epic topple animations etc, are far superior in the sequel.

FC: SW-3470-2213-1835

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Currently on chapter 10, so far the game has been very good though I do currently prefer XC2 because the side quests and story pace are a lot better in that game.

Yep. The side quests are a lot better in XCX too. It's the main flaw with this game.

On balance though, I still think this is the best because the main story is so much more gripping and better paced than XC2.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dirk0342

It's good to play this game again. Played it back in 2011 but never came back to it for a second run unfortunately. I play on my Switch Lite and the thing runs fine but the resolution is pretty low at times and everything has a very soft feeling to it. Is it much better docked?

Dirk0342

jedgamesguy

@Dirk0342 I played the game on handheld yesterday, and then docked it, and the difference was immense. The resolution increased immediately, and while I don't have problems with handheld, it's a much better experience when docked.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy I feel like the story in XC2 was too short. Not the campaign itself, but the way it was divided into chapters. They were far too large in my opinion, and paced poorly too. One chapter you're fighting against Jin and Malos, the next you're climbing up Yggdrasil.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dirk0342

theJGG wrote:

@Dirk0342 I played the game on handheld yesterday, and then docked it, and the difference was immense. The resolution increased immediately, and while I don't have problems with handheld, it's a much better experience when docked.

Might lend a original Switch from someone then. I remember being amazed by the Wii version back then but in handheld mode it the experience doesn't add up as well. Cutscenes look great ofcourse but when you go back to the gameplay it's all very blurry due to the soft image of the low resolution.

Edited on by Dirk0342

Dirk0342

jedgamesguy

@Dirk0342 The Wii version was already spectacular, precisely! Seeing Satorl Marsh, is truly something else. I'm not going to bother trying to describe it because it was that good.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dezzy

theJGG wrote:

@Dezzy I feel like the story in XC2 was too short. Not the campaign itself, but the way it was divided into chapters. They were far too large in my opinion, and paced poorly too. One chapter you're fighting against Jin and Malos, the next you're climbing up Yggdrasil.

Yep I think the fact that the setting was these separate titans really messed with the flow of the story. They felt compelled to explore them each with a new rationale each time. Whereas XC1 has a much more believable flow to it.

RupeeClock

@Dezzy
It also has the infamous filler portion of story where Roc's core crystal gets stolen and you have to go get it back.

RupeeClock

Zeldafan79

I hope nobody is using the IGN review to decide if they want this game or not. Did you guys see that travesty? The reviewer couldn't even get the characters names right! He called Dunban Duncan and Reyn Rain plus they went on and on about how the Wii version looked horrible which it didn't and the video footage they showed for comparison had been doctored to look worse than it actually did on wii.
I couldn't believe what i was hearing and seeing in that awful review!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Dezzy

XC:DE sold 90,000 in retail in week 1 for Japan. Pretty much the same numbers as XC2. Although kinda sad that it hasn't done better in Japan. I mean it's a JRPG about giant robots.

Still, if sales everywhere else are about the same, it probably means the total lifetime sales for the game will be around 2 million, like XC2

Tyranexx wrote:

Hulk Hogan is definitely a great comparison. But I'd say Van Helsing over Count Dracula for Dunban.

I assume you're thinking of the Hugh Jackman movie Van Helsing

Lol the Van Helsing in the original book is a cranky old man.

Edited on by Dezzy

SwitchForce

At Colony 9 I buy the Arts manual how do I learn them now?

SwitchForce

DenDen

Im replaying xcx and playing this one.
X stays my favorite one of the 3.
But the qol updates are massive for this onew

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

kkslider5552000

Zeldafan79 wrote:

I hope nobody is using the IGN review to decide anything ever

amended for accuracy

This isn't even about having negative things to say about the game. Outside of that, that review, and any IGN review I've ever personally watched, has been the most meaningless, generic useless opinion ever that's not worth any second thought(except the ones badly done enough to be a meme, as has been shown). When you can watch anyone play the game for hours online right now, and watch gameplay yourself, and watch people do actual worthwhile critique and reviews, I cannot fathom wasting your time on 4 minute reviews by Nobody Mcwhoisthat. And I would have the exact same opinion if it was given a perfect score. Don't let IGN happening to agree with you get in the way of how useless they are.

also while I'm on this, this is just funny:

though i disagree. he probably played it. this isn't sonic unleashed after all :V

I actually have to give credit to Nintendo Life's review. A lot of the time their reviews are also kinda boring, but the Xenoblade: DE one had some real thought put into it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

The problem is that the person doing the video review was NOT the one who wrote the review. Similar to how Alex does video reviews for Mitch Vogel’s written reviews here. The only difference is Alex has also actually played the game and knows what he’s talking about whereas the one doing the video review for IGN hadn’t.

And I do find uncharacteristic because the one who did the video review is a walking encyclopedia of Nintendo knowledge, but has a blind spot to certain franchises such as Fire Emblem and Xenoblade. If anyone wants a real laugh watch this...

Who Made This?

Anigo is Luchia’s son from the future

Luchia? Who the **** is Luchia?

He can be the sibling of Luchina or Morgan

Luchina? Wait a minute, didn’t you just say....

Lol lol rofl 🤣 that video kills me lol

”Chrome or the avatar”

Chrome!

Fire Emblem: Three Idiots

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zeldafan79

LOL yep that IGN review was completely IGNorant! Sad thing is the guy got paid to write it and made a complete ass of himself in the process. This is why i buy games based on my own review. If i like it that's good enough for me. I can't count how many times i was disgusted with the way they review games.
I'm still burned up about the one they did for double dragon Neon! Beat em ups are dead they said, Cheesy 80's music they said. You missed the whole point! It's supposed to be that way UGH!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

NintendoByNature

Played for nearly 2 hours tonight. I just didn't get the time I thought i would yesterday, so today was my first go. First impressions...

Battle system seems easy enough to understand, I think. I'm simply scrolling thru my menu items and picking what action button to do. Is there anything else I should be doing during battle besides the basic attacks?

They kind of throw alot at you right away, it's nice to be able to look back at tutorials, but some of it is still hard to fully take in, in a short amount of time.

When I set a side quest, does it jot automatically make the dotted line or arrows go directly to It? I had one set, but it seemed to still take me to the main quest. A little confusing, honestly.

Graphics seemed great on the big screen, and slightly blurry in handheld. Not too bad though.

It's one of these games where time flies quickly and you barely make a dent in the game, it seems.

Like I said, i was a tad over whelmed, but as i play more, I might fire some questions on the thread.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic