Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 1,901

StarPoint

@Vortexeo Yes, I did finish it, and I absolutely loved it!

I really enjoyed the combat, though I wasn’t super keen on all of the changes. The Chain Attacks in particular felt a little too easy compared to base XC3, but other than that it was still great.

Matthew is also easily one of my favorite protagonists in the series, up there with Noah for sure. The story as a whole was great, and while there was a lot of fan service, it felt earned as this is the be all end all of the series.

I still have yet to fully write out my thoughts because I have a lot of things I want to fully express. But yes, the short abridged version is that it is absolutely fantastic, and in my opinion is a great sendoff for the series.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Vortexeo

@StarPoint I'm glad to hear that you liked it overall! I'm curious, what was your reaction to chapter 5 when the party found themselves in a regular neighborhood?

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

StarPoint

@Vortexeo I thought it was awesome. Kind of confusing, but I got a ton of X vibes walking through it. At first I honestly thought it was NLA. Really surreal walking through it, and not to mention the lore radio connecting literally every Xeno game together.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Ralizah

@StarPoint So you've finished the base game at this point, and also Future Redeemed?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Vortexeo

@StarPoint Dude I knowww, my mind was blown! I almost wish we could've explored more of it! Just realizing that we were looking at the land of Morytha before it fell was insane! I love how rewarding this DLC feels after you've played each game 😂 Did you notice the final boss theme in future redeemed uses the same choir from XC1s final boss theme?

Edited on by Vortexeo

StarPoint

@Ralizah Yep! I’ve been going back to the base game for some side quests and the challenge modes, though.

@Vortexeo I did not! I knew there was some reference to the previous theme but I didn’t pick up on it. That’s really cool, though. I love how Xenoblade can tell stories through it’s music.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Vortexeo

@StarPoint Yeah! If you listen to "Zanza The Divine" from XC1 and then phase 2 of "Redeem The Future" in FR you can hear the similarities and it's really cool!

I also think it's pretty cool reflecting on some of the lines that Alvis said in XC1. Idk if you remember but Alvis said at the end of XC1 "I was here at the beginning and I will proclaim the end". That line really hits different now huh 😂

StarPoint

@Vortexeo Yeah I sort of doubt that Takahashi planned all of that out from the beginning but it is really cool how everything managed to tie together in the end

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Papasears1982

115hours and i finally beat it, now playing Future Redeemed DLC. was such a great game to play respect to Mono for this masterpiece cant wait to play the other ones =)

"The pleasure of a dream is that it is a fantasy. If it happens, it was never a dream.” - Old Grandfather

Ralizah

XC3 is very much a top three game for me overall. Never thought Nintendo would top BotW for me in the same gen, but here we are.

SKTTR

How long is the DLC?
And is there a chance for it to still get the Torna standalone release treatment?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Papasears1982

@Ralizah yea i wasnt too impressed with the new Zelda games, they are Zelda but story wise and gameplay wise not even close to XC3

"The pleasure of a dream is that it is a fantasy. If it happens, it was never a dream.” - Old Grandfather

Ralizah

@Papasears1982 I LOVE Breath of the Wild (and like TotK), but XC3 gave me pretty much everything I could want out of a modern JRPG. I guess the pacing could be a little better throughout, but otherwise it's an almost peerless game.

Which is funny, because I was so thoroughly unimpressed with XC1 every time I'd try playing it. Definitely glad I got to the end of XCDE this year, but I probably won't be revisiting it again, other than to play the expansion content.

Vortexeo

@SKTTR It doesn't seem like there is any intention of making Future Redeemed physical, if they were I think they would've announced it earlier.

As for its length, it took me just under 32 hours for 100% completion. For a regular playthrough, it was a little over 20 hours.

jedgamesguy

Vortexeo wrote:

@StarPoint Yeah! If you listen to "Zanza The Divine" from XC1 and then phase 2 of "Redeem The Future" in FR you can hear the similarities and it's really cool!

I'm pretty sure this is because Manami Kiyota composed both songs, and she is known for singing in her music. You can hear her voice in Satorl Marsh's night theme for example. I dunno if it was for budget reasons since other games have massive choir sections like ANU

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Papasears1982

@Ralizah im working on the Future Redeemed DLC now after that im going to go straight to Torna then 2 then 1. Really impressed with the story of these games havent been this good for me since Xenogears. Deff going to hold a place in my heart for sure (b ':')b

Ralizah

@Papasears1982 Why Torna before XC2, out of interest?

Ralizah

@Papasears1982 And this will be your first time playing these games?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic