Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,910

Matt_Barber

luckyseven wrote:

@TheJGG I hardly remember 2’s Blades but I can count every Hero from 3 at the top of my head. I think part of it is that they’re obtained through the gacha thing and 3’s Heroes are already accessible

I can remember Ursula really well, but for all the wrong reasons.

Matt_Barber

Ralizah

@luckyseven Yeah, the price difference compared to Pyra/Mythra is weird.

Maybe it is down to them making less of these and charging a premium because they're not part of the Smash line.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

jedgamesguy

Matt_Barber wrote:

luckyseven wrote:

@TheJGG I hardly remember 2’s Blades but I can count every Hero from 3 at the top of my head. I think part of it is that they’re obtained through the gacha thing and 3’s Heroes are already accessible

I can remember Ursula really well, but for all the wrong reasons.

Strangely enough I found the DLC Blades to be more charming than the majority of the Blades in the main game, and that’s before I even thought about Shulk, Fiora and Elma being in it.

The DLC Heroes on the other hand… quite literally the opposite for me, they were the two most irritating of the lot, and felt most like the Rare Blades. But with 19 other fantastic heroes it doesn’t matter too much.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

luckyseven

@TheJGG I don’t really like Ino, her voice is annoying and the “masterpon” crap from 2 also got on my nerves. Masha on the other hand was my favorite out of the two, her Hero quest was nice and I love her voice. Nobody talks about her though since her entire career was ruined when they showed Wave 4 30 seconds later in the same trailer she was revealed in. Basically this
Untitled

xenoblade!!!

Vortexeo

@luckyseven Oh God yeah...I definitely I agree with you here. Inos voice is pretty grating. I also feel kinda bad for Masha lol. She brought a whole new mechanic with crafting accessories but I don't think I've ever seen anyone really talk about it. She got overshadowed so hard.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Matt_Barber

Ino is clearly the product of a Nopon fever dream. There's not going to be much in it for us humans with her. 🙂

Masha's crafting mechanics were eagerly leaped upon by the post-game min-maxing crowd but aren't really that useful for those just playing the game for the story. Visually, she's also a bit out there.

More generally, I'm glad that they left the most fan-servicey characters for the DLC this time.

Matt_Barber

luckyseven

@EaglyBird Monolith is making us starve, we haven’t had a new game in 5 months! Why is Takahashi making us starve by ending the saga?! 😿

xenoblade!!!

Matt_Barber

@luckyseven The Baten Kaitos remasters just dropped.

They're technically Monolith games, even if they've not had anything to do with them for seventeen years.

Matt_Barber

luckyseven

@Matt_Barber I was joking in my last post but I’ve been meaning to play the BK remasters. I’d like to see Monolith’s earlier work so I’ll have to give them a try eventually
@EaglyBird So that’s why he reuses ideas from Xenogears all the time!

xenoblade!!!

Matt_Barber

@luckyseven They're good games but definitely of their time. The stories, characters and worldbuilding all hold up well but be prepared to put up with a lot of clunk compared to Xenoblade. The combat system in particular is truly bizarre; it's somewhat akin to a deckbuilder but in real time.

Matt_Barber

luckyseven

@Matt_Barber The combat put me off before because it looked too complicated for my brain. I also don’t play card games but I guess I’ll try to get a grasp on the system eventually when I get around to playing it

xenoblade!!!

Matt_Barber

@luckyseven It's not all bad news. The combat system was novel at the time of release, so they included a lot of tutorials to ease you into it. Additionally, the remasters have a bunch of assist options you can turn on to make the battles easier.

Anyway, I doubt we're getting Xenosaga any time soon, so this is your best shot at an earlier Monolith game for now.

Matt_Barber

luckyseven

@Matt_Barber Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. Speaking of Xenosaga I really wonder if FR’s ending indicates they’re going to do anything with it lol

xenoblade!!!

Matt_Barber

@luckyseven It's probably just a nod towards their past games, like the inclusion of KOS-MOS was in XC2.

Yes, there were people who thought that meant that something was going to happen with Xenosaga at the time too.

Matt_Barber

luckyseven

@Matt_Barber The Xenoblade fans online who theorize that Xenosaga is going to come back and become canon to the XB universe need to realize that lol

xenoblade!!!

StarPoint

So I have a quick question about the postgame here. I'm currently on Chapter 7, basically just putting off the final boss at this point, doing some side stuff. I've been playing the Challenge Modes, and I keep seeing some of them marked off saying I need to complete the game first to play the challenge.

So my question is, once you beat the boss and the game as a whole, do you get put back into your current save, but with all main quests checked off, allowing you to do side content in that specific save? Or is it similar to the first two games where you have to start a new game plus and have everything unlocked? Just trying to determine if I should focus on all the side content now, or if that's something I'm allowed to come back to after the boss. No spoilers, thanks!

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

iLikeUrAttitude

@StarPoint You are free to do every sidequest even after beating the final boss, as far as I know XC3 doesn't have any missables, which is a surprise considering the previous games.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

StarPoint

@iLikeUrAttitude Okay, awesome! I love it when games allow you to come back to specific saves even after completing the main story.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

iLikeUrAttitude

@StarPoint Yeah it's nice change of pace since missables are so common, especially in RPGs.
That's what prevented me from 100% the xenoblade series, I just didn't feel like replaying the games over again.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Vortexeo

@StarPoint I saw you mention Future Redeemed in another thread, does that mean you finished it? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic