Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 3,602

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano But the Torna prequel comes with the season pass, yes?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@Tsurii In the States, it apparently comes with a download code for the expansion pass in addition to the stand-alone prequel on the cart. For $40, which is $10 more than it is on the eshop.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SwitchForce

And here's what I seen for the it so far...

But 39.99 is for Digital. Physical is 59.99, what do they mean physical?
Does anyone know more or clarify this? I bought the 59.99 version from Amazon and now they switched it to the 39.99? They indicated price drop but that is very odd.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

Mgene15

So I never got this game. Should I?

Mgene15

bluemage1989

Looking forward to the prequel dlc massively. I am normally more of a fan of epilogue dlc and while I would have loved that I hope this is a sign of a direct sequel in the future and this dlc will help fill in some blanks and build the world a little more.

bluemage1989

jtmnm

Update is out!

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Challenge Mode is so much fun. One of the missions has you kill Tatsu from Xenoblade X!!! YES!!!

The higher-tiered missions are actually tough. Treehouse wasn't kidding, if you're not prepared they can tear you a new one. There are new debuffs like draining your Party Gauge and enemies have Elemental Awakening, which I'm not sure what that does yet but it seems like a stronger enraged state. Even the lower difficulty ones are pretty dang interesting in terms of fights.

Anyway, I just unlocked Shulk and Fiora for outside use. Gonna go sleep, but man this is so much fun.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Late

My time to revisit Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is coming soon. I took a break after finishing the story but I always meant to come back after some/all of the DLC is out. I think I'll still wait for the story DLC to come out but I'm excited to get back to the game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

jtmnm

@EvilLucario Shulk's Monado Purge seals that and returns them to their normal state if you don't know. Great reference to XC!

I just unlocked Shulk and Fiora for outside use, too. I may kill Tatsu before getting some sleep. The fact you can do that is amazing.

jtmnm

Grumblevolcano

The expansion pass also came with a few extra game settings:

• Auto-battle
  • Automate Special Button Challenges
  • Enemy Aggression

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

Damn, Challenge Mode is indeed tough. Cloud Sea King Ken kicked me over for around an hour now, and I have all of my Blades at S+. I need to rethink my party setup to deal with reinforcements and crowd control.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@EvilLucario Aw man. Does that mean I'll have to use Dagas?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

EvilLucario

Update: I have beaten almost every mission except the level 150 Gogol, the Ardainian Kurodil, and Jin's scenario. Whew, this is pretty tough and they have a LOT of HP.

@meleebrawler Nah, I haven't used Dagas for Kaiser Zone at all. KOS-MOS is top-tier, make sure you abuse her level 2 Special Art as that's incredibly powerful and wipes out pretty much every small fry reinforcements. Also, make sure you stack up on Beta Scopes for easy Driver Combos.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Grumblevolcano

So how do you get to bring Shulk and Fiora back to Alrest? Has anyone figured it out yet?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jtmnm

@subpopz It really is a blast, man. Not only are Shulk and Fiora's specials derivative of the first game, but Shulk brought along his vision ability. Vision works as a passive that prompts a button challenge to "change the future" and dodge a powerful attack. From everything to the visuals to the sound effects, you can see the care that went into their development. They're both very strong blades, too.

By the way, it's worth pointing out that Shulk's still feeling it. Hearing that followed by "I like your attitude" is a treat.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Action51

Without any spoilers please:

I'm playing through chapter 5 and I'm enjoying the game lot now that things are really rolling along.

Here's my question: Will I miss anything in the main campaign as far as areas and QOL changes if I wait to beat the game to buy the season pass?

Will I be missing anything really important or substantial (a bonus rare blade isn't enough to worry me) if I wait to buy the Season pass?

Have I already missed out on any substantial main game content in my play through so far without buying it?

Action51

Grumblevolcano

@Action51 Pretty much no to all of them, it doesn't matter when you buy it. Challenge mode won't really be of use until you've finished the game because of enemy stats, the DLC quests you can do once you've finished the game and the items will still be of use post-game.

Grumblevolcano

Action51

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Action51 Pretty much no to all of them, it doesn't matter when you buy it. Challenge mode won't really be of use until you've finished the game because of enemy stats, the DLC quests you can do once you've finished the game and the items will still be of use post-game.

Cool.

So there is a little bit of missed content with some quests, but they can be done post game and still feel like they matter?

That's good to hear.

Action51

Grumblevolcano

So the expansion so far is:

• 1st December 2017 - Items #1
  • 22nd December 2017 - Items #2
  • 19th January 2018 - Items #3 and quests #1
  • 2nd March 2018 - Items #4
  • 30th March 2018 - Quests #2
  • 27th April 2018 - Rare Blade #1
  • 25th May 2018 - Quests #3
  • 15th June 2018 - Challenge Battle mode
  • 14th September 2018 - Torna prequel story

I'd guess we'll see:

• July 2018 - Rare Blade #2 and quests #4
  • August 2018 - Rare Blade #3

I like this structure a lot more than how BotW was handled.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic