Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 3,602

Ralizah

@Operative2-0 The english voice acting is pretty decent. Rex's battle cries are pretty comical, but otherwise I'm enjoying the dub.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
The difference is just how good they are. The rare blades are very unique and awesome while the common blades are just normal dime a dozen Blades.

And yes.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Inertiacreep

@JaxonH actually i read the creator said it's possible to roll really good stats on the common blades that are better than some rare blades. I've also noticed it seems like you start rolling better common blades when you get further in the story... and about the voice acting for the common blades being horrid... i actually love it, some of their lines just crack me up.. especially that one all country as hell, "you're my new best friend!" Lol
@Snaplocket i don't agree with you about the trailers.. i never saw anything that made me question the quality before release.. that 8 minute video with Asurda talking, like where did anyone get the impression it was going to be bad?

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

jtmnm

Legendary Core Crystals are pretty easily farmed using Gold Cylinders while salvaging. I haven't seen this information anywhere. If this hasn't already been shared, there you go.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@JTMnM
Where do you find gold cylinders?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Fooligan

@JaxonH I have I think 3 or 5 at the moment. I got them by talking to the Nopon in Goldmouth (I think that's right. the first place you visit when you start the game.) that ranks your salvaging skill. If I remember correctly I am rank B. I'm sure they become more available later in the game as well. I'm only just starting Ch. 4.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Inertiacreep

@JaxonH you get 5 as a reward later and then you'll be able to buy them in the shop.. there's, i think they're called platinum.. i was reading a thread everyone was trying to find out how to get more.. eventually after people thinking they were a limited item in the shop, they figured out it's random if it will appear. I guess you need to have full dev level and rank A salvager and then keep sleeping at the inn until they appear.

Inertiacreep

jtmnm

@JaxonH Maybe develop the towns/cities and see if they become available. I think I last bought some in Mor Ardain. To the others, I don't know if they're locked behind story progression. I only just started using/buying them. Granted, I'm in the last chapter.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Inertiacreep

@JTMnM he is not far enough yet for them to be available i don't think, but he is pretty close.

Inertiacreep

jtmnm

I think it's worth noting Legendary Core Crystals still have a fairly low rare Blade return rate. (Say that 10 times fast.) Maybe I was blindly optimistic, but it was disappointing for me to find my first Legendary Crystal Core yield a common Blade.

jtmnm

Inertiacreep

Where do you get the beastly core crystal? I've had that blade for a while but seriously don't even remember how i got the core crystal.

Inertiacreep

jtmnm

@Inertiacreep The Beastly Core Crystal is unique and awakens Wulfric, an amazing attack Blade. His core dropped after you defeated a boss when Vandham was around. As you can imagine, you'll want to bond him to an attacker. He has a few quests that were really entertaining, too.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Inertiacreep

@JTMnM all I've sen so far is his first heart to heart which was hilarious

Inertiacreep

jtmnm

@Inertiacreep He's hilarious. His quests go for the same kind of humor.

jtmnm

Inertiacreep

@JTMnM so i haven't had any blade quests yet. How do you get them?

Inertiacreep

jtmnm

@Inertiacreep They're initiated like any other quest. I don't know if there are prerequisites, but I've done a few Blade-specific quests just by stumbling onto them.

Just beat the game with the "true" ending, according to Youtube. What an experience this was. Takes XC's place as my favorite JRPG. It built on it in nearly every facet. It was cheesy at times, but that's to be expected in an anime tale of heroes.

jtmnm

Inertiacreep

@JTMnM oh ok cool.. yea the only thing keeping this from potentially being my favorite jrpg is they wrote all this sexual stuff between a child and a 500 year old woman who looks like she's 20... and also sexualizing poppy who looks like a child as well...

Inertiacreep

jtmnm

@Knighty_IX Cheers! That snippet after the credits tugged on my heartstrings.

jtmnm

jtmnm

@Knighty_IX I see your point, but I'm a sucker for happy endings. The ending you depicted was the one I expected, so seeing her return was a pleasant surprise. The following cut-to-black and closing chapter title were also nice touches. To be honest, I'm sad to see it end. The expansion DLC can't come soon enough!

Just found out Overdrive Protocols are given out when you max out a party member's affinity tree. This is valuable information for those who wish to transfer Blades, given that I've beaten the game and have only found 3 of them.

jtmnm

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic