Forums

Topic: WWE 2K18 (Switch)

Posts 81 to 100 of 156

Qwertyninty

I will buy at some point. Today one of the developers said a patch was coming and be on the lookout for it. I will probably wait to see how things are after the patch. I haven’t played a wrestling game since GameCube. I am excited!

Qwertyninty

Lethal

Qwertyninty wrote:

I am excited!

You shouldn't be.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Qwertyninty

@Lethal again it’s been way too long. If you are a Nintendo system only owner and want to play a wrestling game.... what other options do you have? I am excited!

Qwertyninty

Lethal

Qwertyninty wrote:

@Lethal again it’s been way too long. If you are a Nintendo system only owner and want to play a wrestling game.... what other options do you have? I am excited!

So because you only have a Nintendo Switch that means the game is not trash and you should still be excited to waste your money on this?

Good luck with that.

You may want to think about branching out and becoming a 2 console owner. This way if one console has a crappy version, you can at least treat yourself to one that is worth your money.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

burger_king

sounds like 2k are taking advantage of switch success and releasing a sub par game because they know it will sell...

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

Inertiacreep

So i didn't even realize this game was released, i just saw it this morning browsing the eshop and see a $90 version thinking to myself "wth".. i click on it and they have like 10 dlc packs selling different wrestlers.
F this pos game.. this has to be the worst dlc I've ever seen for a game... they are literally selling a half game for $60... on a game coded so bad they can't even include a gameplay video on the eshop.

Who the hell is buying this trash?

If i wanted to play this i would never pirate a game so fast in my life.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Qwertyninty

@Lethal ha! There are many trash third party games with micro transactions, broken gameplay mechanics, etc come out every year on playstation and Xbox that people buy like hot cakes. I’ll stick with my Nintendo console. The devs already said a patch is in the works. I am going to buy this game and enjoy playing a wrestling game for the first time in over a decade. Still excited.

Qwertyninty

Lethal

Qwertyninty wrote:

@Lethal ha! There are many trash third party games with micro transactions, broken gameplay mechanics, etc come out every year on playstation and Xbox that people buy like hot cakes. I’ll stick with my Nintendo console. The devs already said a patch is in the works. I am going to buy this game and enjoy playing a wrestling game for the first time in over a decade. Still excited.

This is not about micro transactions. This is about having options and being able to choose the best platform to play the game on. Based off of your replies on this forum I can see that you seem to have this need to only play on a Nintendo console. From what I see in the WWE reviews, it may be a long time before you enjoy your first wrestling game in over a decade..

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Haruki_NLI

I mean this game is hardly polished on any console so owning a different console for it...probably not gonna help.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DTMOF84

@Qwertyninty It seems like @Lethal wants to have an argument every time someone wants a Switch game that is in his eyes better on another console. Doom was missing a mode!

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

jump

It seems to be fine for one on one matches, the problems kick in with multi-man matches which is the case with all versions.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

McGruber

I'm with @Qwertyninty, I'm kind of excited to play this, bugs and all. I just really wish there weren't so many of these games with the microSD card warning on the front of the box...

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Lethal

DTMOF84 wrote:

@Qwertyninty It seems like @Lethal wants to have an argument every time someone wants a Switch game that is in his eyes better on another console. Doom was missing a mode!

Not just in my eyes buddy. Are you telling me this game is good? Tell me you do not agree with me that this game is not worth buying on the Switch. Please do that.

Many of you get so butt hurt when the real opinions come out. I do not kiss Nintendo's ass like many of you do here. And you get so defensive when someone does complain. I praised Nintendo for Mario Kart, Zelda, Odyssey, and some others. You seem to only focus on the titles I do not like on the Switch. That's your problem.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Haruki_NLI

I'm not denying the game is bad on Switch. I mean...it is. Clearly.

But it's also not good anywhere else.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SuperWeird

I bought WWE2K18 for Switch and I can confirm that it sucks beyond belief. I knew it wasn't going to be good, but I expected to enjoy it anyways, at least in a silly cheesy way. However the gameplay is terrible. The fighters move like they're stuck in mud, button responses are supper laggy— punches come way after I push the buttons, fighters walk by themselves farther than they're supposed to, it's got audio bugs everywhere, the fighters names are mixed up in the ring, framerate is laughable and graphics are simple, but the gameplay is the real problem here — it's is just terrible and most importantly it's not fun at all. Even the old SNES wrestling games, as bad as they were, were light years better and more fun than this. Avoid.

SuperWeird

Lethal

YummyHappyPills wrote:

I'm not denying the game is bad on Switch. I mean...it is. Clearly.

But it's also not good anywhere else.

Reviews prove that is not a bad game on the other consoles. And thus the reason why I said it is best to have options so you can choose the best platform to play the games on.

IGN Review
PS4/XB1 = 7/10
Switch = 3.8/10

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Haruki_NLI

"Reviews prove"

posts a single review

As a game, on a technical and gameplay level, WWE2K18 is not good. Its not terrible either. Its a case of drinking pee or eating crap, you lose either way.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Lethal

YummyHappyPills wrote:

"Reviews prove"

posts a single review

As a game, on a technical and gameplay level, WWE2K18 is not good. Its not terrible either. Its a case of drinking pee or eating crap, you lose either way.

There are 30 other reviews that give the game a 70 or higher. You can search them yourself.....

The game is terrible on the Switch and not bad on the PS4 and XB1. You can choose to think otherwise. I really could care less. Nothing you say will ever convince me that it is best to have 2 home console options to choose from.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Haruki_NLI

Lethal wrote:

Nothing you say will ever convince me that it is best to have 2 home console options to choose from.

This is the basis of capitalism. Consumer choice determines which is most desired and which falls from the marketplace. If you don't think this is good, well fine. I'm actually convincing you of anything.

In fact, all I've said is: I think the game isn't very good regardless. That's my opinion. Nowhere did I say I wanted you to acknowledge that having options was good. Nowhere did I dispute the Switch version is bad, because it is, I have said that repeatedly.

All I have done sir, is state my opinion that regardless of what you choose as a consumer you aren't getting a good experience. You can think having that choice is bad, as you worded above. Fine. I don't give a damn. I never said you had to think otherwise nor did I ever steer the conversation in that direction.

I just came in, said my opinion, left. YOU are making this about "You cant convince having choice between two home consoles is best".

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Lethal

You are saying the game is bad everywhere. I said it is terrible on the Switch and not bad on the other consoles. You argued that then I posted a review score of both versions from the same review site. That was also not good enough for you. This whole discussion was based off me saying it is good to have console options so you can choose the best version for your money.

So please, what exactly is your argument? Are you arguing that it is not good to have options? Or are you arguing that the game is equally bad across all platforms? Please explain.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic