Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 8,721 to 8,740 of 70,035

zitpig

@Dezzy: I wouldn't blame people for ignoring the Switch TBH.

zitpig

Dezzy

@zitpig

I think they'll manage to course-correct later on. But I really don't see them getting that massive launch momentum like the PS4 had. Which frankly they've had the time to properly plan for and have no excuses for not having a massive launch lineup.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

zitpig

TBH It's still very early days and why would they bother mentioning anything other than Zelda, really!

For me the Xbox, XBone, PS2 and PS3 never had anything worth buying for the first year - at least Zelda should keep people interested until something worthwhile arrives.

zitpig

TuVictus

So, on a more positive note, the joy cons means we can get a Switch version of a Skyward Sword remaster, right?

EDIT: Yikes... 5 launchday games. ~sigh~

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

TuVictus

@Octane I thought the whole reason the launch was in March was because they were going to blow the Wii U's launch out of the water. I mean, yeah Zelda is in it so that's amazing, but...yeah.

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

#switchhasnogames

How many of those 30 wii u ones were good though? Many would say 1 or 2. Here we have Zelda which is...nice.

Honestly, cant say im hyped but a system early on is never god amazing. The day it is ill be there or buried.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

Don't think that's necessarily the entire lineup, but that's definitely the stuff worth a damn (Zelda, Bomberman). Rayman isn't even listed.

I expected year 1 to be awful just like the PS4, XB1, Wii U, and 3DS were. So far it's only slightly better than awful.

Xenoblade 2 targeting 2017 in the west is a surprise though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DefHalan

@Ryu_Niiyama Wii had 1 Tales of game and the 3DS had a port of an old Tales of game... not such great support outside of Japan.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jump

Bloody hell, ports of Steep and Minecraft aren't even Day 1 and the mini/indie games like Street Fighter and Snipper Clips aren't there either.

The only thing I can't think of for such a weak showing is either they expected more 3rd party support (on a side note when did the dev kits go out?) or they are treating this as a soft launch and kick into high gear for xmas.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

dtjive

I think it's pretty obvious that they wanted to launch Christmas 2017 but for some reason couldn't and needed to release before the end of this fiscal year. Possibly because it would be unthinkable to have absolutely nothing for the Wii U for another year?

dtjive

ruinez

The only good launch game is Zelda... But cmon paying 350$ for onyl one game is a joke. srslyy are u nuts nintendo? Will switch come with 1TB ssd, 1080p, octacore processor and a 2 teraflop graphic card for that price? Can we change the batteries?

ruinez

SpentAllMyTokens

I'm just waiting to hear about the virtual console. I really hope I don't have to buy my games all over again to play them on the switch (though, since it seems like the architecture is pretty different from the WiiU, I'll probably have to). I think the price is fine, and I don't really mind paying an online subscription as long as the price/features are competitive with all the other systems that already require you to pay.

I do feel 1-2 Switch should have been a pack-in title. It seems like basically a mini game tech demo for the console. Really, the killer game for me right now is Mario Odyssey. I am glad that the joy cons have motion control - maybe we'll see some wii games on VC? I wouldn't buy it for BoW, because it's coming out on WiiU - but since I know I'll probably end up buying the switch anyways....

Not sure it's worth a preorder though. Even if there are initial stock shortages, since it's launching in the spring and not the holiday season, it shouldn't be too difficult to find consoles. I'll be keeping my WiiU anyways (not spending another $60 for MK8, don't really want to re-purchase my whole VC collection, also compatibility for all my Wii games).

I also cracked up at Sega's presentation "I'm really looking forward to developing games on the switch" cough cough "as long as it sells better than the WiiU" cough

Edited on by SpentAllMyTokens

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Octane

jump wrote:

Bloody hell, ports of Steep and Minecraft aren't even Day 1 and the mini/indie games like Street Fighter and Snipper Clips aren't there either.

The only thing I can't think of for such a weak showing is either they expected more 3rd party support (on a side note when did the dev kits go out?) or they are treating this as a soft launch and kick into high gear for xmas.

Yeah, it's baffling. I don't understand it either. I expected at least the third party ports to be there for launch.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@BiasedSonyFan its definitely better than rumoured that much is true. Not many of those came true thinking about it.

Here's my thing. Im getting it and ill probably suit me well. Now te rest of the world? Theyre busy moaning like cats in heat about how "bad" it is. My game ideas will suit it well, but thats just me as an individual.

The wider populace isnt known for veing bright. Bad news travels faster than good. I want it to succeed but in this current very loud Nintendoom climate that just got its own version of Christmas to feed off, I realise I need more alcohol before going online and saying I like Nintendo.

That said see yall at the hands on tomorrow morning!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryu_Niiyama

@DefHalan I was including Japan in my post. I import.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jump

What's this about the launch line up being better than the rumoured one? Madness, people were excited about Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon from the get go rather than Zelda and erm...1 2 Switch.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Octane

@BiasedSonyFan It's not bundled in with the system and it's $50. I think it'll have about the same impact as Wii Party U.

Octane

jump

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

@jump

"Erm...1 2 Switch" is likely going to appeal to a large casual gaming audience. That audience is larger than the Nintendo fanbase, and that audience doesn't care as much about old Wii U ports as easy-to-play party video games.

The Switch is still getting Mario Kart and Splatoon in the spring, and Splatoon 2 is a sequel, not a Wii U port. That leaves just one Wii U port for the launch window; the other Nintendo video games are brand-new.

Keyword being likely, I can't see it rivalling the likes of Angry Birds, Tetris, Wii Sports, Pokemon Go etc as a great casual game nor do I see them spending £50 on it the first place. Besides Mario Kart is a casual gamers game, someone with no gaming know how can pick it up and play and enjoy it.

The most intresting thing about 12 Switch are the costumes which aren't even apart of the game.

I thought we were talking about launch games not wait upto possibly upto 5 months for Splatoon's summer launch.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic