Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,141 to 69,160 of 69,964

Dogorilla

@Fizza I've never actually bought a used Switch game either but I'm pretty sure they just work the same as they would on any other console.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
I have some used Switch games in my collection such as Kirby games, ARMS, etc.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Fizza Used games are fine, you probably won’t get any gold points for them like you do with new games though as they would have likely been taken by the original owner. There’s a few odd games to avoid like like Final Fantasy 10 where there’s a download code for Final Fantasy 10-2 which might have been used up already too.

CEX is rubbish though, way over priced for second hand games. You’re better off with eBay and just checking if the seller has bad feedback or not.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

mjharper

@Fizza I've bought a few used games for the Switch, and they work fine. Just double-check the cartridge to make sure you don't gunk up your system with a gunked up cartridge. And you should be able to claim gold coins for the cartridge as long as it's within a year of the release date and no one has already claimed gold coins for that cartridge.

Edited on by mjharper

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

jump

mjharper wrote:

And you should be able to claim gold coins for the cartridge as long as it's within a year of the release date and you haven't already claimed gold coins for that title, as claiming gold coins is based on your system and Nintendo account, not the cartridge itself.

That’s not true. It’s based on the cart.

From the article below; “Can I Claim Gold Points On Pre-Owned Games? Sadly not. If the game you're using is pre-owned or belongs to someone else who has already claimed the Gold Points, then you will not be able to earn Gold Points on your account.”

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/free-my-nintendo-gold-poi...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

mjharper

@jump Yeah, you're right. I researched it after I posted and corrected it. Oops.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

Grumblevolcano

With wave 6 confirmed for next week, there's a large 1st party December gap present where the only thing happening so far is Splatoon 3 Chill Season 2023 starting on December 1st (the update goes live on November 30th) which is much quieter than usual.

In terms of already announced things that could fit in that gap, the only possibility is Scarlet/Violet Indigo Disk DLC (currently scheduled for Winter 2023). But as for other possibilities, they could shadow drop something at the Game Awards or it could be that it is just the Splatoon 3 season but that season is much bigger than the typical Splatoon 3 season like if a brand new mode was introduced.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

There it is, the reason wave 6 was announced yesterday is that Indigo Disk is announced today for release on December 14th:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano this was certainly one hell of a way to learn this information XD

Guess I've got my Christmas gaming schedule sorted for this year:

• Week 1: Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Week 2: Indigo Disk
  • Week 3: 1080 Snowboarding
  • Week 4: Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ralizah

Get hype! My excitement for this was a bit on the low side before, but it's literally a Persona version of Mario + Rabbids! Really hoping this style of SRPG takes off more and more.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza That release date being close to Christmas Day gives me flashbacks to a decade ago. For some reason The Pokemon Company thought it was a brilliant idea in 2013 to release Pokemon Bank on Christmas Day in Japan. Unsurprisingly Nintendo's servers completely collapsed for a few days (it was finally fully working again on December 29th).

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/nintendo_acknowledg...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/nintendo_apologises...

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

XandertheWise

This month is going to be tight with money since the last thing for a bill or whatever i have to pay is renter's insurance

then end of the month nintendo game that i might buy is either Star Ocean Second Evolution remastered or Super Mario RPG Remake for my Switch Lite.

I'd love to buy both games but ill have to stick with one new game when i can the end of this month.

XandertheWise

Magician

@gcunit Cult of the Lamb it is. I played about an hour earlier this week. I get the hype. Gorgeous art, sim-management lite with a bit of action combat. Although on my first bootup, before even getting into the game proper...crash to dashboard.

Clearly, not all the performance problems have been ironed out, but at least I haven't encountered another crash since that lone one.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

gcunit

@Magician That's fairly promising to hear; appreciate the update. I picked it up a couple of months back but haven't got to it yet. I'm kinda numb to performance issues, but crashing is a different level, so hopefully it's an isolated case for you.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WoomyNNYes

I'm still amazed how quickly joycon batteries lose their charge, in less than two months. These are my new joycons from the OLED, and I've been keeping them in a drawer. They clearly are perpetually in sleep mode, rather than shutting down.

Procons and joycons both need a shut down option, but I doubt we'll get that for next gen.

I'm guessing the game industry on a whole likes things the way they are. More disposable controllers = more sales $$$.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

FishyS

gcunit wrote:

@Magician That's fairly promising to hear; appreciate the update. I picked it up a couple of months back but haven't got to it yet. I'm kinda numb to performance issues, but crashing is a different level, so hopefully it's an isolated case for you.

I recently bought cult of of the lamb and haven't had any crashes but a couple times it lagged so much I thought I was soft-locked. And the loading times are verrrry long sometimes. Overall the performance is still much worse than you would normally expect for a game like this but for me at least it's not quite annoying enough to get me to stop playing or take away too much enjoyment.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic