Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,161 to 69,180 of 70,011

Grumblevolcano

November 7th is the earnings report for July - September 2023, it'll be interesting to see how well Pikmin has done (the only 1st party games released in that time window that could be bought were Pikmin 4 and the physical version of Pikmin 1+2) and whether MK8 Deluxe momentum is still strong.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

I'm curious about that detachable dual-screen system on that Nintendo filing. From what I've read about it, it sounds like it's a Switch and DS hybrid, in terms of its concept. Assuming that the first screen device can be docked, it also seems like you could use that second screen device as a controller, which sounds a lot like the Wii U... it kinda worries me actually, since the Wii U flopped hard. This is all speculation on my part, and we don't know exactly how old that filing is. I'm wondering... will the Switch 2 revisit that dual-screen concept in some way?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Haruki_NLI

The odds that the patent is related to the Nintendo Switch 2 is very, very low. Deepest depths low.

The patent was made public, that means its now public knowledge.

That means anything currently under NDA....this aint it.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FishyS

@MarioLover92 There's been a lot of discussion on the speculation thread: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/rumor_new...

My personal assumption is that patent is not itself the Switch 2. People have suggested it could relate to a much later console or something related to a mini or a second fully-portable seperate from Switch 2 or it could relate to an accessory or it could just be yet another patent they are keeping for potential future use or to experiment with which doesn't hit the market.... there are a lot of options, some more realistic than others. I remember a few years back people briefly getting excited by a robot Nintendo patent.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

MarioVillager92

@Haruki_NLI @FishyS Ohhh, gotcha. So it's pretty much Nintendo experimenting and things like that. Thanks!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

I hate digital-only games.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

AnVold

@Fizza I agree. I always skip digital-only games.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

Ryu_Niiyama

It says the physical purchases will end as well. Likely music licensing expired. It happens. Does mean I have to buy dlc this month though so thanks for the heads up!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I'm not surprised, licensed music always means music games have to stop being sold after a certain time. The game is 5 years old which suggests the license was 5 years.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Geez I have like 127 DLC to buy. Welp there goes my spiderman 2 and wario ware money. I do this to myself every taiko game. Buy the game day one, forget about the dlc, scramble to buy all dlc before delisting.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Fizza

@Ryu_Niiyama Oh geez, I pray for you and your wallet XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@Fizza It felt like Doomscrolling. I was like "eh can't be more than like 50...oh dear Hylia....that's over 100...when is the delist?" cries in first world problems

I'd been good and had not really bought many games after TOTK... all that growth as a person...rolled back by taiko.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Magician

That Drum'n'Fun drum bundle is about to jump in second hand value.

You can find them on Amazon for around $130 still.

I'm cool with my standard copy though.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

gcunit

@Ryu_Niiyama It says dlc will still be available. @Magician I happen to still have the drum edition sealed. I wanna open it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ryu_Niiyama

@gcunit For now. Either way given the number of DLC I will just eat the cost. Because either way same problem down the line.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Dogorilla

Fizza wrote:

So is that worldwide or just in Southeast Asia? And what does it mean by 'as with physical purchases'?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

FishyS

Fizza wrote:

The music license issue makes kind of an exception, but a lot of games are sold digitally for a long long time.. certainly longer than the physical versions are manufactured. But I agree limited-run digital games are stupid (cough 3D all-stars). I would argue a main advantage of digital is how easily they can continue to be sold for a long time without extra costs or at least it should be that way.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Ninfan

Does anyone play games like CS:GO on switch,
I play overwatch, but I'm looking for something with different weapons.

Ninfan

dmcc0

@Dogorilla The wording does seem a little odd, but there were physical copies of this too I think, so I reckon it probably just means no more physical copies will be produced either. To be honest, they've probably not produced many physical copies of this recently anyway - it will just be whatever stock is still held in stores.

dmcc0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic