Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,121 to 69,140 of 69,981

Fizza

It's taken me just over half the month to notice it, but I wonder where the monthly NSO drop is? Usually it'd be either released at the start of the month (NES/SNES/GB + MD) or announced at this point with a release date scheduled for the end of the month (N64 + GBA). To have absolutely nothing since the end of September (with Kirby & The Amazing Mirror) when there's still games from the schedule still outstanding (1080, Mario Party 3, F-Zero Maximum Velocity and Golden Sun) alongside no news regarding NSO-adjacent releases (MK8D Wave 6) seems really bizarre, especially when there's only 2 and a bit months left in the year to release them all 🤔

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@BobTheBunkerGuy
Ikr?

It takes me back 10 years to when Persona 4 Golden released on Vita, and I passed on the special collector edition that's now selling for $500+ sealed. I don't even have a used copy. Just the normal edition of the game.

I'm getting the steelbook editions of both Persona 3 and Persona 4 (can't afford that mammoth $200 edition) and the NitroDeck

If they included the NitroDeck in the $200 edition it would be a no brainer, but of course they didn't

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I'd guess Nintendo's stockpiling for year 3 of NSO Expansion Pack. If you subscribed to NSO Expansion Pack on day 1 (October 25th 2021), year 1 would've been (looking at stuff only for the Expansion Pack):

• 19 N64 games (this is for all regions as 2 are exclusive to Japan, 2 are exclusive outside Japan)
  • 32 Mega Drive games (this is for all regions as 1 is exclusive to Japan, 1 is exclusive outside Japan)
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons Happy Home Designer DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass DLC waves 1-2
  • Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion

Year 2 so far is:

• 6 N64 games
  • 12 Mega Drive games
  • 12 GBA games (13 for Japan as 1 is exclusive)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass DLC waves 3-5

Meanwhile year 3 could be rough on the additions side of things as Booster Course Pass is coming to an end (only wave 6 left) and there aren't that many N64/GBA 1st party games left to get. Nintendo remaking games like Advance Wars 1+2 and Mario vs. Donkey Kong decreases that list further. Mainline Pokemon feels like the best chance of a "wow" moment for year 3.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Years after originally announced by Badland Publishing, Funstock finally delivered the Vampire The Masquerade double pack into my hands. I look forward to delving into the World of Darkness for an hour or so before bed every night for the next couple weeks.

Hopefully Bloodlines 2 is still on track for Fall next year. For all we know Gehenna could happen tomorrow.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

MGS3 lookin good on Switch to me

@Magician
That game has been a myth almost as long as Beyond Good & Evil 2. Hopefully it's good. Cause the first is a masterpiece. Always wished they'd bring it to Switch. It's so old it's not even really compatible with SteamDeck, unless you devote hours upon hours with hacks and fixes and special control mappings. I didn't have it in me.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Jhena

@JaxonH
I am so in the mood for Hot Wheels Unleashed 2. Really liked the first one and am now watching a longplay of it. It propably will not be long until I try the second game.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Fizza

Nintendo just put out some new guidelines for running tournaments for their games (specifically Splatoon and Smash Bros) and they are....genuinely f***ing DISASTROUS.

tldr;

• People in Japan and EU can no longer run tournaments of more than 200 people without Nintendo's permission
  • Tournaments under 200 participants can't be for-profit (i.e. offer a prize pool)
  • Sponsors and modified games (such as the most commonly used version of competitive Smash Bros Melee) are prohibited across all tournaments
  • Non Nintendo-organised tournaments can't feature music from Nintendo games

Considering how stepped-aside Nintendo seemed to be in regards to these tournaments (pretty much letting people do their thing after the #FreeMelee fiasco of 2020), this is an intensely infuriating step backwards that'll effectively kill major tournaments for both Splatoon AND Smash Bros if it isn't reverted; beyond baffling decision 😵‍💫

Magician

Just a good example of how hyper-protective Nintendo are of their IP, and of how rough the Smash competitive fandom are treated. Remember, kids, corporations are not your friend. Don't go to bat for Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft (in favor of or against, insistently) in online discussions. In the end all they want is your money.

There's nothing wrong with playing favorites, just...don't defend them. Ever.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

IceClimbers

@Fizza Apparently most of these guidelines are in response to anti-gambling laws in Japan and the EU, which generally view esports as gambling due to them being prize money based.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers If only countries would start treating battle passes as gambling.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FishyS

Do these laws also ban Genshin? And like... every other mobile game...

For tournaments, I can understand there being some restrictions (especially involving sponsorships) if the tournament involves children, but seems silly for adults.

Nintendo has always been a bit off the boat for esports though. They should be having official Mario Wonder races right now.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Fizza

Fizza wrote:

Nintendo just put out some new guidelines for running tournaments for their games (specifically Splatoon and Smash Bros) and they are....genuinely f***ing DISASTROUS.

tldr;

• People in Japan and EU can no longer run tournaments of more than 200 people without Nintendo's permission
  • Tournaments under 200 participants can't be for-profit (i.e. offer a prize pool)
  • Sponsors and modified games (such as the most commonly used version of competitive Smash Bros Melee) are prohibited across all tournaments
  • Non Nintendo-organised tournaments can't feature music from Nintendo games

Considering how stepped-aside Nintendo seemed to be in regards to these tournaments (pretty much letting people do their thing after the #FreeMelee fiasco of 2020), this is an intensely infuriating step backwards that'll effectively kill major tournaments for both Splatoon AND Smash Bros if it isn't reverted; beyond baffling decision 😵‍💫

Update: it has officially been announced for NA as well, making this a worldwide ruling.

why are they like this

StarPoint

Once again Nintendo demonstrates how out of touch they are with the competitive scene. I don’t even understand what they have to gain with these changes; it’s not like they’re going to make more money from it from what I understand…

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

@StarPoint It's absolutely goddamn ghoulish what they're proposing here. In fact, something I learned after making my post earlier on that somehow makes things even worse is that they're also banning FOOD AND DRINK from being sold at these tournaments in addition to requiring CHARITY organisations to get a license from them in order to hold (and I cannot stress this enough) CHARITY events. What the actual hell man 😭

Edited on by Fizza

Magician

Having just finished Cyberpunk 2077 I need to pick my next game. Since Halloween is right around the corner, do I give Omori a second chance, or move on to Cult of the Lamb? Cast your vote, help me decide. I'll tally the suggestions after work today.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Grumblevolcano

Playing through SMB Wonder to 100% completion (it was absolutely fantastic) got me in the mood for more 2D platformers so I went back to the best one that's on Switch, Tropical Freeze. My current Switch save had 100% completion but with hard mode and time trials untouched (I think my Wii U save was around 150%). Feels like a good way to fill in the gap before Nintendo announces Booster Course Pass wave 6.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

gcunit

@Magician Cult of the Lamb. Unless you want to give Omori another chance, then something else should get the chance first.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

Wonder is fantastic. Almost at 100%.

Anybody here ever play Kao the Kangaroo for Switch? I'm hankering for a quick 3D platformer before Mario RPG gets here.

rallydefault

Fizza

I feel like I may have asked this question in the past but I've been thinking about it again lately due to a trip I'm going on at the end of the month where I might be picking up a game or two from CEX so screw it, I'm asking it again: is it OK to buy used physical games for Switch? I'm thinking about grabbing Paper Mario: The Origami King in prep for Thousand Year Door's release and the cheapest price I can find it for is €42 in a CEX conveniently located around where I'll be staying for my trip so I'd really like to have the peace of mind that getting used games for Switch is pretty much the same as getting used games for other systems (given how I've never actually bought a used game for Switch yet XD).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic