Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,901 to 68,920 of 69,981

rallydefault

@skywake
Yea, I hear you on the 3DS/2DS thing. I managed to find a lightly-used 3DS for under 200 bucks a couple months ago, which these days is a semi-decent price. The New 3DS and 2DS prices are particularly insane.

rallydefault

XandertheWise

Baten Kaitos I and II HD on the eshop yet since its the 14th right now?

XandertheWise

Grumblevolcano

@XandertheWise The game releases on the 15th so while it's on the eshop, you can't play it yet. There's also no digital preorder options.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

XandertheWise

well the game's release say September 14th for its messageboard at gamefaqs

XandertheWise

JONOFTHEJONS

Mortal Kombat 1 has come out for Switch! Unfortunately there’s no Switch gameplay online yet. If anyone here has played the game on Switch, may you please tell me how it looks and runs?

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

Magician

I just finished my first playthrough of Trouble Witches Final arcade mode. What a shmup, very pleasantly surprised. The 2D pixel art over 3D backgrounds is easy on the eyes. I like the currency system for purchasing upgrades to the duration of your witch ability, extra lives, and your bombs. The on/off toggle for vacuuming up the currency being tied to your attack is neat. It forces you to ask yourself, "do I hold the fire button down for maximum dps or do I feather the fire button to collect drops?"

And the game runs buttery-smooth even with a screen full of bullets.

This might be the best cute'em up I've played. Feels better than Cotton Reboot.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@OwlHighway1Revisited Seems increasingly likely. It'll occupy a similar space as BotW, where it was technically announced for the previous console, but will look and do best on the newer hardware.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Kermit1doesmath

@Ralizah yeah, at this point if it isn't a launch title or a launch year game (either a summer or winter release) I'd be a bit worried for Retro Studios.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Grumblevolcano

@OwlHighway1Revisited The only way I could see it not be is if Nintendo owes Geoff Keighley a Prime 4 reveal if it was meant to be properly revealed at Game Awards 2018 and it gets announced at Game Awards 2023. But that segment before the TTYD reveal does give the impression of "this is the 1st party lineup before Switch successor's launch" say for example 2024's lineup being:

• January - Another Code: Recollection
  • February - Mario vs DK
  • March - Princess Peach: Showtime!
  • May - Splatoon 3 Side Order
  • June - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • July - Paper Mario TTYD
  • September - Switch 2 releases

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kermit1doesmath

@Grumblevolcano and I think we could see a Kirby announcement for the regular Switch sometime down the line because that seems to be a trend with Nintendo to end a console with a Kirby remaster or port.

dysgraphia awareness human

Ryu_Niiyama

Unicorn Overloard and the Shiren the Wanderer 6 are gonna take up a lot of my time next year. I may try to hold out for an english version of Shiren. I may get the new fit boxing spin off though since it is currently Japan only I am expecting decent music.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

The remake of Mario vs DK is the only thing that really has my interest 1st party wise for early next year. Undecided on the Peach game. Otherwise it's 3rd party titles (Tomb Raider trilogy, Apollo Justice trilogy) for me.

Looks like a lot of time to work on my backlog, at least until TTYD releases!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

Don't know whether the announcement was coinciding with the Japan Direct but Star Ocean The Second Story R and Dragon Quest Monsters The Dark Prince have just got demos.

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

I thought the Direct was weak. Not because there wasn't anything I'm interested in, more that nothing kinda jumped up the list of stuff I already want to play (if you get me.) Mario is going to do a lot of heavy lifting this holiday season lol.

But yeah, this Direct screamed new hardware next year to me. Come on Switch, you still have about 25 million more units to sell before then!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

WoomyNNYes

Ohhh, wait! Is the Mario vs Donkey Kong game coming to the switch a port!?!? I assumed it was new iteration.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

XandertheWise

@Grumblevolcano speaking of demo, anyone still remember the demo for Pokemon Alpha Sappire/Omega Ruby few years back where the demo gave you freebie items to transfer over to the full game?

The Star ocean 2 demo ill have to try it out this weekend and maybe the demo for the new Disgaea game even though I never bought any of the previous Disgaea games

XandertheWise

NintendoByNature

Saw the price tag of Mario Vs DK. I was a bit taken back. For some reason, I figured it would be closer to $30 or $40.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic