Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,881 to 68,900 of 69,964

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
For sure, and I have lots of Switch games lined up just like you do, but I still find the rumors fun to follow.

Some people like gossip, some don't. And I'm an unabashed gossip lover lol

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@BobTheBunkerGuy @rallydefault I get it. And I'm certainly not knocking anyone who enjoys it. I just feel like I've been reading the same comments for years now lol.

One thing I DO love though; is nintendo direct gossip. That gets me hyped.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea, I did tune out a bit with the Pro rumors after awhile (I do still think it'll be fascinating to get a behind-the-scenes accurate take on what exactly happened with all that one day).

But now things are getting a bit different because we are seriously close to the successor of the Switch, so for me it's almost like watching College Game Day and knowing the big game of the weekend is finally just a couple hours away, and these preliminary moments are very exciting!

rallydefault

IceClimbers

@FragRed If these people were given a presentation of a demo, the "comparable" comment would make sense in the context of "yeah that's how I remember it" and not actually comparing it side by side.

If I had to guess, it's probably something that's a little bit better than PS4 tech that with DLSS (probably 2.0 rather than 3.5) makes a pared down version of that demo look semi-comparable to PS5/XSX (again, to the naked eye/memory based rather than compared side by side). That's something I could believe. It's obviously not going to have PS5 level performance.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

skywake

The DLSS version number bit is interesting. We're all working under the (fair) assumption that this SoC is the T239 which is based on Ampere which is the same micro-architecture as NVidia's 3000 series GPUs. Which don't support DLSS 3.0 because they lacked the more efficient hardware acceleration for frame motion. But..... the T239 is custom silicon specifically for a portable games console that wants to be as efficient as possible. So who knows

But generally yes, the entire rumour here assuming it's accurate (and I believe it is) is based around some developers being given a presentation about what the new hardware is. A bit of an outline of what it's capable of in the hopes of selling some dev-kits. And some kind of demo that showed TotK running in a higher resolution mode and the Matrix demo "looking like a PS5 game". We're not talking about someone going frame-by-frame through a video. It would've been from memory and we're taking some random's word for it. Also we don't know whether the demo was on a portable screen or blown up or how long they showed the demo etc, etc

I think this whole thing stacks up, especially given we've had several fairly reputable places some out and say similar things. How it actually pans out when we actually have the product in our hands? Remains to be seen. But I do think a lot of people are going to be taken aback by how far what's possible on a device like the Switch has moved over the last 5 years or so. I'm not at all surprised that some people are highly sceptical, it's difficult to wrap your head around exponential growth

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Fizza

Sorry to butt in here but I just wanted to ask a quick question in regards to buying eShop gift cards: can you redeem more than one per day? I'm currently about to grab two €15 ones for a bit of last-minute spending during this September sale and I'm just wondering if it's possible to activate both of them one after the other (because if I can't then my master plan has essentially fallen to pieces XD)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

@Fizza yeah that’s fine. You can redeem the cards one after another with no problem.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@jump Cheers, on my way to grab 13 Sentinels and a bunch of others in a bit! (hopefully I'll be able to get all of them before this sale ends in ~3 hours XD)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Played some Splatoon 3 after not playing in several months and all I can say is yikes I'm rusty...

Honestly regret not putting more time into the game when it released. I feel like I'm woefully behind everyone else

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Jhena

@IceClimbers
I think we all feel that way in a multiplayer game, no matter how much we play. Do not worry about it. Play at your own pace and just try to have a good time and accomplish your goals.

Hey everyone. I have not played a single Trails game yet. I am watching a Youtube video and am really liking the looks and the music. Is there a game in the series I should start with? Or is every entry worth starting?

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Atomic77

All though I have never had the stick drift issue I personally think Nintendo as well as other companies should of figured out a way to have this fixed before even thinking about the next devices.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

NintendoByNature

I've had it multiple times on switch. Its pretty frustrating tbh.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

Never thought I would say this, but I think I'm gonna grab one of those cool Animal Crossing Switch Lites when they come out.

With the "Switch 2" just around the bend, I'm starting to think about my collection and final purchases for the Switch before things start phasing out of production, and the Lite has grown on me after initially thinking it was the dumbest thing ever.

rallydefault

skywake

@rallydefault
Probably a good move. I still regret not picking up a New 2DS when they were cheap after the Switch launched. Would've been good to have as a solid device to play games from that era on. My non-New and fairly well worn 3DS XL isn't exactly the best way to play 3DS, not that I've gone back to it since but still. I could buy one now I guess but at this point they cost more used than they did new at the tail end of that cycle

Personally I'm not tooo fussed about the Switch assuming there's backwards compatibility. But if there isn't or even if there's like a DS type scenario where the BC has some compromises? Will probably pick up a Switch Lite. I'm still kinda hoping for an "OLED Mini" SKU or something similar

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Magician

Gungrave G.O.R.E. is coming to Switch.

I have fond memories of the first game back on PS2.

But uh...I think I'll pass.

https://opencritic.com/game/14025/gungrave-g-o-r-e

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Giancarlothomaz

speculating/predicting what Nintendo could show on tommorow Nintendo Direct and Necrolipe seen to hint tommorow Direct will be last Nintendo Direct focused on Switch software

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic