Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,861 to 68,880 of 70,026

MajesticToad

Hi, guys! I would like to discuss nintendo switch social functions cause it's a real pain for me. And i would like to know if anyone feels same way. Recently i got xbox just cause i wanted more interactions with other players, cause nintendo just makes me feel lonely especially in online games where i can't text to other players, invite them to other games, etc. I mean: what the point of friend list if we can't do nothing with it? No invites (only emulators and portal as i can see so far), messages and ofc voice chats. So if anyone feels the same way - i would like to discuss your experience:3

MajesticToad

gcunit

NintendoByNature wrote:

I'm really interested in that Mythforce game, which should be launching soon.

I reckon people might have had a bit of the old beer goggles when this was first announced. I watched the trailer for this again recently and it doesn't look as good as I thought, and I'm suspecting a bit of jank too.

Remember when the Baldo trailer dropped? Everyone be like "Ooooh... Ghibli Ghibli Ghibli" and then look what it became. I suspect we may be dealing with a similar situation with Mythforce.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

@gcunit guilty as charged here lol. I'm wearing the beer goggles hard for this game. A kid from the late 80s, this game seems right up my nostalgia alley. We'll see how it reviews though.

NintendoByNature

FragRed

@Giancarlothomaz As I said on the rumours thread, I’m calling BS on the Matrix part. Ray tracing and being comparable to PS5 is just something I don’t believe for a single moment

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Giancarlothomaz That I can believe but the article specifically states the use of ray tracing which I just don’t believe. Also the tech demo for The Matrix is all about showcasing the power of the current generation consoles. I just don’t see the next Switch being able to achieve that level of AI complexity without exploding.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Giancarlothomaz Firstly to get it to work on the Steam Deck, the person who uploaded the video says they made a lot of changes to files. Also that seems to run pretty poorly judging by the video. Thought that could be simply badly recorded and encoded. But I didn’t see anything about ray tracing in there. I don’t even know if the Steam Deck can do ray tracing

gcunit

'Comparable' is the perfect word to use in a video game leak/rumour though - it can be interpreted pretty darn widely.

Plus, it just says the visuals are comparable, doesn't mean the performance is.

But I don't know enough about ray tracing at the time of writing to say much about the plausibility of that bit.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GrailUK

Compartable with the naked eye is all anyone should really be bothered about. I for one don't give a monkeys about specs.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

NintendoByNature

I feel like we've been on a continuous loop with "switch 2" rumors since 2019. I guess it's fun to speculate, but it's gotta get tiresome I'd imagine. No disrespect meant to anyone.

NintendoByNature

FishyS

@NintendoByNature 2019 rumours was Switch Pro which ended up being OLED instead. I feel like recently is the first truly serious Switch 2 rumours.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

NintendoByNature

I guess. Just feels like the same spec talk for 4 years. Not trying to be a downer, but it'll happen when it happens. I have about 5-6 switch games I'm buying for the next 6-9 months that are yet to come out. So im good for a while.

NintendoByNature

XandertheWise

How is the switch port version of Persona 4 by the way? I heard there's a game booster feature where you can turn on or off an EXP increase thing after doing battles with the random enemies?

XandertheWise

Sequel

Same journalist also wrote about the original switch in detail before it was announced. Highly credible source, would be shocked if it's wrong. It's pretty much happening imo. Very exciting.. some outlets even touting a reveal this month (pure speculation there).

Sequel

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature I think that's the best way to look at it. All these Switch 2 rumours are just boring especially with there being such a strong lineup for the current Switch in the next few months.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic