Posts 68,021 to 68,040 of 69,150

Owl1

@SlashFuture and for the price OOF

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

Successful Rickrolls: 6

Happy George Harrison Day!

Colonel_Mustache

@Kermit1 Yeah, like I want to support newer Indie devs, but the price looks a bit high for the game, and the game looks like that old game Chicken Shoot for the Wii...

OBJECTION! TAKE THAT!

Owl1

@SlashFuture I think it's actually a Wii game port oddly.

Currently Playing:

Anti-Matter

@SlashFuture
That was a Wii game before.
Untitled

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Owl1

@SlashFuture Huh, and it was made by ZOO, the plot thickens. Good news, the laser is on sale now for $20CAD... Tempting...

Currently Playing:

Colonel_Mustache

@Kermit1 Huh, Interesting... Looking into it too it seems that ZOO shut down in 2013, but the Publisher Funbox is still somehow around... and not only publishing games on the Switch but PS5 and XSX? The plot truly does thicken...

OBJECTION! TAKE THAT!

Owl1

@SlashFuture The world of shovelware truly does not end lol

Currently Playing:

Colonel_Mustache

@Kermit1 It really doesn't lol... It's amazing to me too how we haven't had another Video Game crash of 1983...

OBJECTION! TAKE THAT!

Owl1

@SlashFuture I think it's yet to come... It will be very different if my hypothesis is right.

Currently Playing:

Owl1

@SlashFuture It's going to be from the inside (game devs) not the consumers this time.

Currently Playing:

Colonel_Mustache

@Kermit1 Huh, like video game devs are gonna make less and less games because of money/creativity issues instead of consumers buying less games?

OBJECTION! TAKE THAT!

Owl1

@SlashFuture I meant more of like the workers and crunch and a walkout. It's only a hypothesis anyway it can change.

Currently Playing:

Colonel_Mustache

@Kermit1 Ohhh gotcha, yeah that would make sense... Honestly I could see that happening, given what's been happening in other industries that it could spread to video games...

OBJECTION! TAKE THAT!

Owl1

@SlashFuture I don't think game devs have a guild or a union (as in workers).

Currently Playing:

Colonel_Mustache

@Kermit1 I've seen a couple of articles of a few small separate Unions starting up, but no main Union or Guild like Movies and Tv , and Honestly it's still early days there so who knows how that's going to go...

OBJECTION! TAKE THAT!

Owl1

@SlashFuture I think things are going to hit a boiling point and then fizzle and get better. I think the same is also going to happen to CGI studios.

Currently Playing:

Grumblevolcano

I think live service will eventually be the cause of a gaming crash, we're increasingly seeing studios trying to chase Fortnite riches and within a few years of launch (sometimes even less than a year) the games are already shutdown.

Pretty sure if Microsoft manages to acquire Activision, Jim Ryan's live service strategy (currently 11 Playstation Studios live service games by 2025) for Playstation will put Sony in a worse position than they were prior to PS4 launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Colonel_Mustache

@Kermit1 I hope it goes the direction you're saying, and not the other direction... And with everything coming out lately with Marvel's CGI studios in particular, I could also see that happening...
@GrumbleVolcano Yeah, that's another good example... Done right,like as a complement to the Main Game, I can see Live Service being a bonus(Animal Crossing for example, I was actually happy with how that went... Although I wonder if they stopped development on that for Splatoon 3, and that's why we haven't gotten any more updates?), But when it's the main focus, without proper support it does fizzle out quickly...

OBJECTION! TAKE THAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic