Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,021 to 68,040 of 69,964

Grumblevolcano

I've got a rather big problem here. My Switch is increasingly sounding more like it's dying (the loud unhealthy fan sounds are getting louder and more frequent) so I really doubt it'll last the gap before Nintendo releases a more powerful console (shortest possible gap would probably be 16 months given Nintendo's comments at the shareholders meeting). Hence I need a new Switch and so my question is what's the best screen protectors if I went for the OLED? Obviously if I just went for the Switch v2 I can just rebuy the screen protectors I got in 2017 but the OLED of course has a different size screen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Okami1

I've been messing around trying to connect a capture card to my monitor and have my Switch on another monitor.

My capture card is a AVerMedia GC31 1 (the ones the box look weirdly placed, it might be an 11 idk) Live Gamer Mini

Any help would be fantastic, I'm not great at tech lol.

dysgraphia awareness human

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Just get the amFilm screen protector for the OLED model. Same brand as the screen protector for my original model and have never had an issue with it.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
1) I don't think Nintendo's comments at the shareholder meeting are any indication of anything. That said, 16 months nonetheless seems like a reasonable worst case scenario. I expect it to be in precisely 10 months.

2) Despite amFilm being the bees knees for the OG switch I found the OLED version to be complete trash. Stuck hairs and imperfections on glass, edge is foggy rather than nice and clear... I tried 2 separate packs of them and gave up, used a different brand. Maybe they're better now, but not when I tried back in late 2021. iVoler includes 4 of them with an alignment frame, for like $11.

https://www.amazon.com/Tempered-Protector-Designed-Alignment-...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@kaisu
I think it just requires leveling up the right demons with various effects to exploit weaknesses. It's a hard game, but not that hard. I couldn't beat the first hour of SMTIV, yet I got pretty far in SMTV, 30 or 40 hours as I recall (just got sidetracked with other games).

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@kaisu SMT V doesn't require the completion of any side content, as far as I'm aware.

Struggling with the Hydra or something? If you've played Persona, you should know the importance of attacking with an element the enemy is weak to. If possible, try not to bring along demons that are weak to its elemental attack. Try to null damage when it's winding up its super move.

And, being SMT, status conditions and debuffs actually matter. My young nephew got through that fight by putting it to sleep lol.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@kaisu Level normally doesn't matter too much in SMT, but SMT V imposes a more severe penalty to damage scaling if you're under-leveled. It's my biggest issue with this entry, since I don't find anything particularly compelling about level grinding, and older games allowed you to tackle tough bosses effectively with smart team builds when under-leveled.

They made the buff/debuffs work more like Persona as well, which was also a bummer.

I like SMT V a lot, but the combat is a straight downgrade from the almost perfect system in SMT IV: Apocalypse.

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
No idea if Nintendo does free repairs, but it is really cheap to buy and replace the stick yourself. This doesn’t excuse Nintendo, but it is an easy way to solve the issue.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Okami1

@blindsquarel plus the fact you can now buy hall effect sticks with tools for a decent price now too...

My repair was free-ish from what I remember.

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
Probably have to pay for shipping, but that is all.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Grumblevolcano

Having to redownload everything onto a new Switch is really obnoxious.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheBigBlue

@Grumblevolcano I absolutely feel your pain. Only when I did it, all of my DLC purchases got erased for some reason, so I had to buy back the entire Smash Ultimate DLC. And it’s just a long process in general, especially if you have a lot of games.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Grumblevolcano I haven’t unboxed my OLED yet for that reason. Perhaps tomorrow.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano @Ryu_Niiyama
Oh I've been there. Couple times.

It does suck- especially for 1 and 1.5 TB microSD cards. But you'll get through it in a few days and forget all about it afterward. Switch can keep about 64 games in download queue before maxing out, btw. I recommend going to your library on the system, scroll down to "re-download software" and just go down the list alphabetically until you've got 64 titles downloading. Come back next day, pick up where you left off and do another 64. Rinse and repeat until everything is downloaded.

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Passportout 2 will have physical release according to play-asia.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JONOFTHEJONS

@Anti-Matter I like the cover art, it reminds me of a homemade movie. May I ask, what is the game about?

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

Anti-Matter

@JONOFTHEJONS
From the gameplay I watched from YouTube, it looks like Art Academy games with storyline.
You can practically draw anything you like with some missions.
Here is the whole gameplay of Passporout 2.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic