Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 65,441 to 65,460 of 66,939

DarthNocturnal

@Giancarlothomaz

Why would you want it to be a train wreck? I consider myself a pessimist, but even I rarely wish for things to end up as a train wreck.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox), DOOM II (Xbox), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

Kermit1Pineapple

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Giancarlothomaz
Why would you want it to be a train wreck? I consider myself a pessimist, but even I rarely wish for things to end up as a train wreck.

I wished for The Lego Movie to be good and it was. I'm doing the same for this movie.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

Kermit1Pineapple

I think the Switch needs this to be the best console of all time.
Untitled

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

DarthNocturnal

@Giancarlothomaz

Ah, fair enough. I tweak settings so it's more of an "auto-suggestion" to avoid situations like that.

@Kermit1

Miyamoto is heavily involved, is he not? It may not guarantee a hit, but it's better then having someone who doesn't really "get" the franchise they're working with at the helm.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox), DOOM II (Xbox), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Talk to me.

Are the Chaos games already on Switch, and this double pack just combines them? Thought I read the Noah one released earlier this year.

Valve clearly has someone working there who is rejecting games as a result of their ideology. They took an, "allow everything, unless illegal or downright trolling" policy. And yet... here we are.

Reminds me of those NoA tree house staff that were censoring cleavage in the Wii U era, pissing everyone off. They got fired I think, as there's been a clear shift in the Switch era.

Are these games worth getting for someone not that into VNs? I like Ace Attorney and AI Somnium Files, and Rain Code looks incredible. But I never got into more pure low budget VNs like Steins Gate.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Persona 5 Royal, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

Ok, ordinate sales rankings for Switch preorders on Amazon are looking very promising.

Bayonetta 3 is has jumped to #118 on Amazon Best Sellers list, which is pretty good considering Nier Automata, No Man's Sky, Mario Rabbids and Persona 5 Royal all release before it. I expect a massive jump in the final week leading up to its release after P5R drops.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is at #41 and #17, respectively. Of course this is expected and well within the norm for Pokemon games.

Nier Automata has jumped to #37 on Amazon Best Sellers list, a huge improvement from the #350 it was prior to the preview blowout.

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope is currently at #245, which is so-so, but I expect this game to see a massive jump in the week leading up to its release.

Persona 5 Royal is currently at #48, vs the PS5 version (which releases the same day) at #499.

No Man's Sky on Switch is #338, vs the PS5 version (which releases the same day) at #5,859.

Atelier Ryza on Switch is #543, vs the PS5 version (which releases the same day) at #817.

Tactics Ogre Reborn on Switch is #662, vs the PS5 version (which releases the same day) at #2,586

Sonic Frontiers on Switch is #184, vs the PS5 version (which releases the same day) at #563

We had a discussion not long ago about our concerns for certain games being overlooked or skipped due to the dense lineup, particularly Nier Automata and Bayonetta 3, but it seems those concerns were unfounded. If any game will prove a loser in this lineup it's probably No Man's Sky, but even it seems to be doing reasonably well all things considered.

PLAYING
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Neither of the games were on Switch previously. Chaos;Child released on PS4, Vita, and probably Steam in the past, but this is Chaos;Head's first official english localization (despite being the oldest game in the series, having initially released back in 2008 or so), so it's a significant event in the VN sphere. The Noah version that we're getting is a remaster of the original release that added content and improved the presentation.

This is very much in the same wheelhouse as Steins;Gate, design-wise (same franchise, in fact!), so it might not appeal much to you. It's an actual visual novel versus dialogue-heavy adventure games like Danganronpa, AI: The Somnium Files, and 999 (if the Zero Escape games are ever ported to Switch, they're must buys, btw; same creator as Somnium Files).

Some of the violent content from the original game was actually censored in the Japanese Switch port of this game, so it'll be interesting to see if the same holds true here. These aren't super sketchy games, so I don't know what Valve's problem is. I'm thinking you're right that someone on the inside has a weird ideological hang-up over Japanese games and exercises their power by turning down visual novels. One game from a different publisher was even denied a release on the platform when the developer created an all-ages version of it.

On the topic of Nintendo and censorship, isn't it weird that the Switch version of Tokyo Mirage Sessions was also censored worldwide, considering how broadly tame the altered content was? We're about to get an uncensored release of Persona 5 Royal, which tackles triggering subjects like suicide, rape, sexual abuse, murder, etc. And it's not a first-party thing, because Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has more skin in it than TMS ever did. I don't get it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It is.

If I had to theorize, I'd say the censored Wii U version was less work, as that version could be released without changes in all regions. Whereas the uncensored JP release never received localization for the uncensored parts, and that would require translating those parts (and re-hiring all the original voice actors where applicable) for the various western languages. Which wouldn't be much in the grand scheme of things, but it's still extra cost, extra time, and extra hassle.

I'm so glad that era is over. Not that the censorship was ever enough to make a game unenjoyable, as it's such a small percentage of the overall game, but it's still aggravating. And it does diminish the impact of certain scenes and plot lines. In some games it makes no difference to me, but as a general rule it usually does. It's crazy that Switch has become the default platform for uncensored releases. Sometimes publishers still censor across all versions, but at least there isn't extra censorship applied like we see with countless PS releases.

It's crazy to me Valve is rejecting certain games though even despite their "allow everything" policy. It really shows the danger of rigid ideology and the damage even one dogmatic employee can inflict on our experiences and game selection. Today it's VNs with high school kids. Tomorrow it's any game with cleavage. You start breaking policy now and it's a slippery slope, as there's no longer a line in the sand.

PLAYING
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Snatcher

There was this YouTuber I ran into called radicalsoda, and my god, wile I didn’t watch there videos, thst got like six different videos, and ai kid you not, like six of them, on why Pokémon sword and shield is a bad game. Now I don’t care if you don’t like the game, and I sure have no problem with people criticizing it, but six videos? Six videos just to complain over, and over, on why the game sucks? And I don’t think there short videos ether.

They had three videos on why sonic colors ultimate sucked, and wile yes, that game didn’t do vary well, three videos on the same game, is a bit much no? Maybe I’m just being sensitive, but ai could have sworn I used to watch there stuff years ago.

Edit: each video is like half an hour, why?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

New edited pfp!

Grumblevolcano

@Snatcher It's about Youtube monetization and negativity sells, general situation seems to be something like:

• Longer videos = more money earned
  • Negativity = more views = more money earned
  • Rumours/leaks = more views = more money earned

Then the Youtube algorithm propagates the negativity everywhere meaning that someone who watched a Scarlet/Violet video on the official Pokemon Youtube channel will be recommended some 30 minute video about some Scarlet/Violet leaks and why this means Scarlet/Violet is a terrible game.

Best just to ignore it if you can.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano And it works, that’s why they do it huh?

Yeah, I can easily ignore that channel, sadly there not the only one, but luckily, I feel like there fewer then there are many.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

New edited pfp!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Peoples like to complain too much, eh ?
I think Pokemon Sword / Shield was a decent game in my opinion.
I still prefer Yokai Watch 3 on 3DS over all Pokemon games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1Pineapple

@DarthNocturnal I think he helped with the story. I don't know if he helped with anything else.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Goodness. That seems to be a very different stance than Platinum used to take, where they never made sequels. Wasn't Bayonetta 2 the first game to really buck that trend? I think it was.

Guess reality has settled in a bit that new IP often don't perform as well as established IP. And as long as Nintendo keeps contracting them for more Bayonetta, they stay employed with stable work.

I'm all about it. Bayonetta is one of my fave series of all time. And each one seems better than the last. So ya, let's do it. We can start with Bayonetta 4 being announced for Switch 2.

I definitely think Bayonetta 3 will be the best selling entry. How can it not. It's selling into an install base of practically 120 million units by time of release. Bayonetta 2 sold into an install base of 10 million at the time.

If Astral Chain can crack a mil on Switch releasing in 2019 as a new IP, surely Bayonetta 3 can match that releasing in 2021 as an established IP. My only hope is that it can cross 2 million rather than just 1. But let's at least get to Astral Chain at the very least, which iirc is now at 1.25m.

PLAYING
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

Finally!!!

2 TB Micro SD Cards Incoming In 2023!!!

https://betanews.com/2022/09/28/kioxia-2tb-microsdxc-card-sto...

Not long ago, Micron announced 1.5 TB micro SD cards, unfortunately, they don't seem to be for sale anywhere yet, and after messaging their sales team, was told they could only be purchased in bulk of 100 or more, starting at around $43,000, and the lead time was currently 27 weeks. So... ya. Who knows when or even if these will go on sale for the average retail buyer.

But now we have the first ever 2 TB micro SD prototype manufactured, with scheduled release of 2023. They're coming.

When Switch released in March 2017, the largest micro SD was 256 GB. With the sheer volume of games on Switch today, even the almighty 1 TB doesn't come close to covering it. And tbh, not even the 2 TB will fully cover it. But at least the 2 TB will cover much more. All the essentials, anyways.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Kermit1Pineapple

@JaxonH Finally, I can hoard more games I might never play!!!

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

JaxonH

Kermit1 wrote:

@JaxonH Finally, I can hoard more games I might never play!!!

Exactly right my friend.

PLAYING
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic