Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 65,461 to 65,480 of 65,522

JaxonH

Awesome interview with David Soliani. They also specifically ask him about the rabbids and the fact some really don't like them. His response is fantastic and what I expected too. They changed them and toned them down starting with Kingdom Battle. He says Ubisoft took them too far previously and he reigned them back in.

Which I wholeheartedly agree with. As strange as it sounds, I went from hating Rabbids to absolutely adoring them after Kingdom Battle.

@Ryu_Niiyama
budget under control

Heh, that ship sailed a long time ago lol

Untitled

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Kermit1

@JaxonH that dude is awesome!!!

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I’m trying. I’ve cut myself off from buying new statues (except the BOTW statues by f4f), mostly staying away from CEs and trying not to buy day 1 (pushes diofield out of eyesight). After I finish my AV set up (new tv, new receiver and maybe some headphones) and a new punching bag that’s it for big ticket items. I just wanna save for a house/condo and stuff my 401k. Just got my car fixed with outstanding major repairs. I’m trying.

Of course watch Nintendo make a TotK OLED and CE and blow my budget to Termina and back. I’m just waiting on Black Friday. I will pad out this year’s games I missed and hopefully be able minus FE and Zelda to limp to next Black Friday. (I know Ima crack, but let me believe in myself right now).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I think Rabbids are not a bunch of annoying creatures when they got the right roles.
It was like when Rabbids have better manner and intelligence, they turned into serious characters.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Those F4F are crazy expensive. I could never afford a F4F habit. I keep it strictly Switch games, Switch CEs, amiibo and statues for Monster Hunter, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.

I know the struggle. I spent waaaay more than I usually do this year, and noticed my bank account draining a couple thousand dollars more than usual every few months. Had to grab cash from the emergency stash and re-up with a large deposit, and may have to do so again next month.

I'm just counting down the months to Switch 2 when I make the full switch to digital and stop double dipping with physical + digital for every game, plus Collector Editions. That's what's killing me. I'm about out of space in the gaming room, and even with my current salary I'm watching my bank balance slowly drain lower over time , so that's my signal to wrap it up after this generation. Just 1-2 more years. Almost there!

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH due to the size F4F isn’t so bad because eventually you have to stop simply because you have no where to put them. Most of mine are still in boxes as I carve out space/unpack. My weakness is proplica (and all the current star trek voyager merch). Bandai Tamashii needs to leave me alone. Sailor Moon and Kamen Rider Gaim merch cost a mint and they won’t stop pumping them out. Luckily I just finished all of Sailor Moon’s weapons (unless they do the Outers at which point I am joining a help group) so hopefully that is it (mostly)…so many figma as well. Again those are sailor moon mostly so that is also winding down as I have the entire team (at least that they have made). At least amiibo do something. But yeah I purposely put my game room in the smallest room in my apartment to force myself to spend less. Now I just need to bank my comic book habit (I refuse to back down my book habit though. That keeps me gainfully employed. As I mostly buy textbooks).

I’m so worried about the switch successor. But at the same time if a zelda oled comes out I am still buying a new system so it’s kinda a let Hylia take the wheel sorta moment. I do wanna finish out my wiiu eshop purchases because my wiiu went into storage for years, so games I should have bought by now I haven't but I have a good physical collection so it is mostly gba/ds games that I want. I am proud of myself as I am not spending like a madwoman and I have taken a good whack at my debt. But I can do more. If I stick to my budget I can be completely out of credit card debt by the end of the year.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Kermit1

@Ryu_Niiyama a fellow plastic addict I see

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Ryu_Niiyama

@Kermit1 yeah, it’s more I am at that age that marketing companies have determined that I should have disposable income and thus they keep hitting me with nostalgia robberies. I went from like a few figma/funko to a fricken hoarders anonymous member because sailormoon hit its 20th and 25th anniversaries. I’m getting off the internet when they celebrate the 30th. And due to me being an American it’s all merch I couldn’t have even begged for as a little girl so I am doubly compelled. If it didn’t make me so fricken giddy to see, I would be embarrassed. My home always surprises people that don’t know me outside of work because I am very serious and staid. But you go in my apartment and per a good friend of mine “it looks like a gamestop, toys r us and barnes and noble warehouse in here”.

You wait. In 20 years they will be after you. A buddy of mine in his 40s got financially murdered by the big transformers revival several years ago. Like he had to sell other stuff to keep his wife from going off (Granted their home was starting to look like only he lived there).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Kermit1

@Ryu_Niiyama... Transformers and DC is going to hit my wallet like a sledge hammer in 20 years then.'

Also Gundam... I only have one but... I need to stop talking lol

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Anti-Matter

Untitled

My Universe: My Baby Dragon for Nintendo Switch ! 😃

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
I think that's a natural evolution for higher budget games. It may sound odd at first because you're not used to it, but voicing characters with quality voiceover adds to the enjoyment of games. It would be different for Mario & co. because he's been silent for 30+ yrs and extremely popular, but the rabbids aren't that. And for this game, they actually serve as unique characters that can add flavor to the game with voiceover while still keeping Mario silent.

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Anti-Matter

I noticed My Universe games by Microids have tendency to have physical release on Switch than on PS4 version after I found from My Universe Interior Designer, Green Adventures and My Baby Dragon only being digital on PS4 but have physical release on Switch.
I personally want them all on PS4 version but it seems My Universe games are sold better on Switch than on PS4 version despite the Switch version have downgraded quality than PS4 version.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Kermit1

@Anti-Matter I noticed that too. Makes sense because it seems more people buy their games on Switch.

Edited on by Kermit1

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Grumblevolcano

Seems September 30th was only for NA regarding Bayonetta 1 physical. With a week to go, it's obviously not for Europe. Nintendo UK and NoE have said nothing and preorders haven't even gone live.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kermit1

I think I'm going to get Sonic Frontiers instead of Pokemon Violet. After seeing all the leaks for S&V I don't know how I feel about them, they look cool don't get me wrong but Sonic Frontiers looks better and might be one of my favourite games ever just by the look of it.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
I don't even know what it looks like the leak of Pokemon Scarlet / Violet.
Are those the leak of confirmed Pokemon or the final evolution of the starters?
I'm not really surprised if I got the leak before the game release as I played Pokemon games very casually.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Kermit1

@Anti-Matter The leaks are covering everything, including breeding which I'm mixed on how it will now work.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
Is there any link for Pokemon Scarlet / Violet Pokedex and the evolution of the starters leak ?
I want to see by myself.
It's okay for me to see the leak just for myself.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Kermit1

@Anti-Matter All there are just basic descriptions of what they look like and typings.

Click the link at your own risk of spoilers. THE ART SHOWN IS NOT OFFICIAL
https://www.makio.it/pokemon/sv-dex/

mods I will remove the post if needed

Edited on by Kermit1

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic