Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 64,621 to 64,640 of 70,008

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
New hardware is coming eventually, that much we do know. And BC is almost certainly a safe bet. I imagine any game with unlocked framerate will jump to 60 locked.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano Nintendo need urgently to launch the Switch sucessor, the later they wait to launch the Switch sucessor, ambitous games such as Bayonetta 3 e problaby Metroid Prime 4 will suffer under Switch limited hardware, Switch sucessor need to have a graphical capacity equivalent of a PS4, use a chipset of 2017/2020, Switch use hardware of 2015, some games such as Xenoblade Chonicles 3 e now Bayonetta 3 is now showing the isseus of Switch aging hardware.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

The current Switch reminds me of the GBA and all it's crazy ports.

dysgraphia awareness human

Magician

Its been a few years since Yoshi's Craft World released.

Are we going to hear about Good-Feel's samurai game this year?

https://www.good-feel.co.jp/en/

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
There's nothing "urgent" about it. Xenoblade 3 and Bayonetta 3 are just fine on Switch. Yes, a successor would run games even better, but that's always been the case since the dawn of time.

Contrary to claims from fans like yourself freaking out as if the sky is going to fall if Nintendo doesn't release a successor ASAP, there is no urgency needed.

In fact, I almost hope they take another 3 years just so ppl making such claims can see how wrong they are. Not that I think that's gonna happen. I do expect new hardware next year. But not because it's "urgently needed". There's a vast gulf between "want" and "need".

I'd even say it's never been less needed than right now. Devs are finally hitting their stride optimizing games for the system- we're seeing consistently higher quality ports and games overall than we have all generation.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

I was thinking next year but with supply for xbox and ps5 still being hit or miss I feel like Nintendo might wait another year. Or do an announcement like next summer that is a year from release.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

Yeah, I'm with JaxonH on the timing for the release of the Switch successor, I agree that it's years away.

Nintendo are going to run the current Switch's lifecycle into the ground.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama @Magician
I think it's either May 2023 to launch alongside Zelda, since they'll want a big launch title to push a new system and Tears of the Kingdom is one of the few games big enough to sell new hardware to the masses...

Or they'll hold off until March 2025, and simply release one final revision next year in the fall, with a price cut in 2024 to drive sales the final year.

Its one or the other. And if it is next year, they'll at least give a 60 day lead time like they did with their January presser in 2017. So if we don't get an announcement by March for Switch 2, then we can safely assume it's going to be early 2025, with a fall revision next year to push at the tape.

JaxonH

Bayonetta 3 physical preorder for $48.40 at Super Saver

Ships across US for free.

Lowest price I've seen.

https://www.livesuper.com/shop/products/bayonetta-3-nintendo-...

Ralizah

@Losermagnet It's no use. The series is cursed. It's an amazing property that's doomed to obscurity. The world twists itself into knots to prevent its every success.

Nintendo must feel awful. The universe conspired to sacrifice poor Ukraine to prevent the release of these remakes. Perhaps Nintendo's indefinite delay is all that stands between us and nuclear armageddon.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I'd also add that if it is next year, they'll re-reveal Prime 4 before the hardware announcement to calm any fears of Prime 4 being only for the new hardware.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH @Magician agreed that something is coming out with Zelda. I’m banking on a OLED Zelda edition so I’m already sitting on 500 just in case. But I can’t personally see another revision unless the OLED needs some work I don’t know about.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I think it'll be a Lite OLED. The current OLED is already final form, so it's either a Lite OLED or an actual OLED Pro model with a juiced up X1 processor to iron out some framerates. Of the two, my money is on a Lite OLED though.

That could come in at a $250 price which means they'd have a $199, $249, $299 and $349 model. And then after Christmas 2023, they could drop everything by $50 for the final push. $149 Lite. $199 Lite OLED. $249 v2 Switch. $299 OLED.

Ralizah

@Giancarlothomaz Microsoft can barely even manage to release games on their own console, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH you know I hadn’t considered that. I suppose that components would be cheap enough now to warrant that. That would make me buy two switches actually as the lite would be my travel switch.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
A Lite OLED would be a definite must have.

I switched over to the Lite when it released, but OLED was too good. Battery life and screen, kickstand... yum. But a Lite OLED? Ya, I'd probably use that at work most days just cause it would be so small. Would need better battery life though.

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH have you not realized that Switch is hindering the games Nintendo subsidiaries and close partners develop for then, all the games released in this year for Switch have techinal isseus(Kirby and the Forgotten Land showed this, Xenoblade Chonicles 3 showed this and now Bayonetta 3 showed this, Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom will also have a performance isseu like like Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Metroid Prime 4 problaby will have techinal isseus, Pikmin 4 will also have a techinal isseus), do you know all this games have in commom they tried to be ambitous but the limited hardware of Switch countdt keep up, Switch is made for simple games not this ambitous games that Nintendo is releasing in the past 2 years, the sad truth we need to admit Nintendo made a lot of sacrifices for the hybrid concept of Switch to work, but now, Switch aging hardware is hindering Nintendo gameplay and it partners when they want to develop a game on the console.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic