Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,861 to 63,880 of 70,011

NintendoByNature

@Magician quite the hall my friend, quite the hall. How's your actual play schedule lookin? I'm sure some of those will be tossed into the ol BL.

I think I'll have to pass on diofield, nier, P5R, and tactics ogre, at least up front. And I'm trying to see which one I should buy first since there's no way I can play both in 1 week, but bayo3 and sparks of hope are too close to eachother. Might be best to play bayo3 and give sparks of hope the pass for a few weeks. Price will probably drop as well anyway.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Jhena

@NintendoByNature

It is a good idea to wait a little bit before purchasing Sparks of Hope. Ubisoft games become cheaper pretty fast. If you have not played Persona 5 yet, I would say you should at some point, if you like that kind of game. It is pretty great.

Right now I am playing Dark Chronicle on the PS 2. The good thing about JRPG's is, I do not have to fear about paying too much money for games.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Magician

@NintendoByNature Yup, my purchase-rate definitely raises hell with my backlog. I play about twenty hours a week. So it's always one step forward, three steps back. It's not so bad if a game is fewer than ten hours long, but all of these 50+ hour-long rpgs are murder on my free time.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH you must have a lot of time/money to play all this games, here in Brazil if i plan to buy at least 2/3 of this games it would be a fortune(i planing to buy Bayonetta 3 during Black Friday, Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom as a late birthday present, my birthday is in early april, and i waiting if the rumored 2D Donkey Kong game is real, for me to play).

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
I do play all the games, I just don't finish them all. Oftentimes I'll play a game for a bit then love onto another.

It's expensive, but... not that bad. I probably spend 10% of my net income each year on gaming related purchases. And that's all I really spend for recreation.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@Jhena P5R is going to definitely be a purchase, it just won't be day 1. So once things slow down, I'll be grabbing it.

@Magician agreed. The JRPGs are killers here. XC3 is taking up a fair amount of time for me. I'm just at the 60hr mark and I told myself last night, "no more side quests, just focus on the main quest." Sure as you know what, I did a 3hr side quests last night completely side tracking me. The saving grace is I should be in the final 10 or so hours of the main story. And I play about 10-12 hrs a week( which is maxed out as it is due to family obligations), so hopefully I can finish this bad boi and move onto Splatoon 3 until Bayo3 comes. Or if im lucky, my LRG copy of shredders revenge arrives this month 😊.

Then a part of me wants to try tunic and SK Dig..🤦

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

RR529

Yeah, XC3 is a killer time wise. I'm just about to hit the 100 hour mark & am still not done with chapter 6.

I should only have about 2 more colonies to go back to & hit up for side quests before getting back to the story, though.

My most anticipated games for the rest of the year are probably Valkyrie Elysium, the new Star Ocean, & Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core Reunion (maybe Nier Automata too), but I know I'll get burnt out trying to play that many JRPGs back to back, so I'll probably have to squeeze smaller stuff in between, like Pac-Man World RePac, Klonoa Fantasy Reverie, and the new MK8D DLC waves.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

Atelier Ryza 3 is looking incredible. Not just visually and with regard to scope, but the traversal options they showed in the trailer.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Buizel

@JaxonH Looks great.

As someone who has never played an Atelier game, let alone one in the Ryza series, I do wonder: is it okay to start with 3 (or 2?)?

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

@Buizel
Definitely. You might miss a few character references but you can hop in wherever.

Atelier Sophie 2 is turn based and more focused on crafting, while Ryza is more real time and focused on exploration.

Kermit1doesmath

I was looking for some ACNH inspiration when I found some Pikmin designs. I have plans for these.
Untitled

dysgraphia awareness human

Ryu_Niiyama

Loving that Suikoden announcement! I’ve been treating my ps1 copies like gold. Any ports to modern systems I am all over.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Buizel

@JaxonH Oh nice. Although if there's not one game that fans generally consider to be best in the series I suppose it can't hurt to start with the first game.

Not that I need any more JRPGs to play at this point x_x

At least 2'8".

BruceCM

There's a LOT of Atelier games, though, @Buizel .... Are you really going to play the whole series?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

Some upcoming Switch games according to play-asia.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Anti-Matter

Buizel

@BruceCM No, I'm not even sure I'll get through the whole Ryza series even if I'm into it tbh. That's sorta the point (i.e. if I can only play one game, is it worth going with the first or skipping it?)

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

@Buizel
Series fans will probably tell you Sophie 2 is the best (the one that released 6 months ago). Ryza series was sort of... dumbed down, for lack of a better phrase, to appeal to a wider audience. Less focus on deep crafting, more focus on exploration, it changes the more traditional turn based battle system to real time. But if you're not part of the core fanbase, that might be what you enjoy more.

Honestly, Atelier Ryza 3 looks notably better than the previous 2, imo. We won't know for sure until it releases, but I'm really digging the larger scope and new traversal options, and flashier combat.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic