Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,881 to 63,900 of 69,995

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
Fae Farm is legitimately a game I'm interested in.

The more I play Harvestella demo, the more I realize it's not as deep as I was expecting. Combat isn't as interesting either. It looks nice and the music is good and audio is high quality, but the game isn't as fun as I was hoping. There's also hardly any voice-over.

It's not a bad game by any means, but it's not the exceptional farm sim with RPG combat I was looking for.

I think my sights are now set on Rune Factory 3 Special, and Fae Farm.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Buizel

@BruceCM @JaxonH thanks both. I'm well aware of the extent of the Atelier series and it's...intimidating, to say the least xD. Does any series have more entries on Switch than Atelier?

Ryza being "dumbed down" actually does sound appealing to me as an entry point. I guess I'll see how 3 pans out and see if I fancy diving in to that or one of the earlier entries when the time comes.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm not very familiar with the series but I knew there were quite a few of the games, @Buizel .... Good luck with whatever you decide there

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

gcunit

@Buizel There's a couple of trilogies already available: The Dusk Trilogy and The Mysterious Trilogy. And the Arland series.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ryu_Niiyama

Didn’t realize that DQX:O is going to add version two next year. I wonder if they will do an expansion a year. I’m hoping for two a year now that the base game is out but I am cool with the content as is.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

Does anyone else get the feeling that Direct is the only presentation this week that stuck. Like no one talks about the games in the State of Play anymore because it's all about the public argument between Jim Ryan and Phil Spencer about the future of CoD instead.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

Remember how Persona 5 Royal was in the Japanese Direct but not the English one for whatever reason? Just to make things even weirder, an English trailer's just been posted there.

I think the thing that impresses me the most about this trailer is how similar it looks to the PS4 version. Yeah, P5 is by all definitions a PS3 game at it's base level but Royal is still made specifically for PS4 so to see it looking damn near identical across both is really damn cool.

Also, I'm not sure whether it was already confirmed for October 21st but just in case it wasn't: here you go.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jedgamesguy

I cannot wait for people here to play the game who haven't already. It's literal JRPG gold.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core: Reunion on Switch is apparently runs at full 60fps and native 720p in handheld, with only slight dynamic res drops that can't even be noticed outside of cutscenes.

We had a chance to play both the PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch versions of the game during our recent trip to Square Enix’s pre-Tokyo Games Show press event. While the PlayStation 5 version certainly ran well - it looks to be 4K60 - what’s far more interesting is the state of the Nintendo Switch release. It retains most of the graphical enhancements of the full PlayStation 5 release, maintains a smooth 60 FPS, and targets 720p in handheld mode. Even with dips, it still never drops to a low enough resolution to be noticeable outside of cutscenes.

https://www.rpgsite.net/preview/13276-crisis-core-final-fanta...

Switch is firing on all cylinders. We've reached the pinnacle of Switch's lifespan. Just look at all the super high quality games releasing now

• Persona 5 Royal (looks remarkably similar to PS4/PS5)
  • Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope (ppl thought it was too good to be a Switch release)
  • Splatoon 3 (exceptionally pretty game, flawless performance)
  • Xenoblade 3 (best looking game in the series, finally looks good in handheld mode)
  • Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak (absolutely amazing to see a AAA MH look this good on a portable system)
  • Bayonetta 3 (NOTICEABLY more impressive than previous entries)
  • Fire Emblem Engage (absolutely gorgeous, best looking entry in the series)
  • Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (extremely impressive full 60fps at native res)
  • Octopath Traveler II (best looking HD2D game yet)
  • Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (stunning)
  • Fatal Frame 4 (looks as good as FF5 despite being a Wii remaster)
  • Kirby Return to Dreamland (very pretty art style)
  • Pikmin 4 (exceptionally gorgeous game, massive leap over Pikmin 3)
  • etc, etc

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I'm looking forward to launch. Persona wasn't on my radar until I liked what I had played of Tokyo Mirage Sessions on Wii U and people described that game as "Persona with Fire Emblem characters". Then Joker came to Smash, TMS got ported to Switch and now finally Persona 5 Royal is coming to Switch next month.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Persona 5 Royal is way better than TMS#FE so if you liked that game, you'll definitely love Persona

2 series I hope Nintendo fans go out and support.

Persona 5 Royal
After many years of begging for this game to come to Switch, it's finally at the door. Time to put your money where your mouth is and show Atlus why this series should not be PS exclusive going forward.

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
After nearly 6 years, we're finally getting a modernized Final Fantasy with visuals pushing the boundary of what Switch can offer. If you're tired of this series being moneyhatted and held hostage by Sony, step up to the plate and make this a multi-million seller. The better it does, the more expensive it will be for Sony to bribe away from us in the future, and the more likely SE will decline due to stifling brand growth

Could also add Nier Automata in there too, but priority is Persona and Final Fantasy.

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
The switch may be underpowered compared to the others but it certainly can run almost anything as long as devs aren’t lazy. The cloud versions of the RE and KH shows us just that.

GameOtaku

JaxonH

@GameOtaku
Ya, I'm convinced KH being cloud was not a result of technological barriers, but rather, lack of ROI.

To port that many games over in a single collection for $60 probably just wasn't financially viable. For other platforms they released them piecemeal first for $60 each (KH 1.5, then KH 2.5, then KH 2.8, then KH 3, then KH 3 DLC, then Story So Far). So they milked the heck out of them by the time they combined all into one. And combining all into one was easy because the games were already on the system.

For Switch, ppl would expect everything in 1 package for $60, because that's what's on offer elsewhere. But because of the time and expense of porting, it's not worth it unless they sell them as individual collections first, and gamers won't stand for that. So they said screw it, we'll just do cloud then.

Personally, I'd pay for individual collections all day if it meant getting them natively. Not that I've ever been a big KH fan because, well, I'm just not. But at the very least I would have grabbed them for posterity's sake.

Edited on by JaxonH

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
ROI on switch ports would’ve been high in my opinion to more than justify native ports. Highest selling console combined with a much requested port seems so simple (and clean).

Which makes Nier odd that it’s being ported natively, full physical and for a good price.

GameOtaku

IceClimbers

Can we just talk about how jam packed Q1 2023 is going to be for gaming? There's a TON of games scheduled to release not just for Switch but in general, and I honestly don't think very many of them will see a delay either.

Q1 2023 releases:

Fire Emblem Engage
Forspoken
Dead Space Remake
Dead Island 2
Hogwarts Legacy
Like a Dragon Ishin
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line
Atelier Ryza 3
Octopath Traveler II
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
Tales of Symphonia Remastered
Fatal Frame 4
Resident Evil 4 Remake

That's a LOT, and that's just Q1. Then there's all the other titles slated for the 1st half of the year:

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Starfield
Redfall
Forza Motorsport
Minecraft Legends
Wo Long: The Fallen Dynasty
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 3 Portable
Layers of Fears

Obviously there will be some delays (coughStarfieldcough), but that first half is looking really good.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

BruceCM

Oh, you have inside info on Starfield, @IceClimbers ....? Just because you seem very sure it'll be delayed! But yeah, quite a few games coming

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic