Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,681 to 63,700 of 67,047

JaxonH

Diofield Chronicle looking really good. Over an hour of gameplay streamed, and I gotta say, it looks even better than I anticipated.

Between this, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Triangle Strategy and Harvestella, it feels like a golden era for Square Enix RPGs on handheld.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Persona 5 Royal, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

StarPoint

@HotGoomba Yeah you may want to contact Nintendo Support. Might cost you a bit to repair it but they might be able to help at least.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Crosscode (PC)
Monster Hunter: Rise (PC)

HotGoomba

@Fizza I think that my warranty expired by now, as I got the controller in 2019. And my pro controller doesn't fall under the Joy Con drift free fix, so it will cost money, but it'll probably be worth it compared to just buying a new controller. Worst case scenario, I lose a limited edition controller but get a replacement and have to pay like $30 USD. But like @StarPoint said, it's probably at my best interest to send it in for repair. Will probably do it after the Fourth of July, but at least I have a good few other controllers.

(Will probably buy a new controller anyways since my PowerA GameCube one now has a crazy drifting C Stick, but that's third party and it's my fault for getting PowerA anyways. At least I have an excuse to get another 8bitdo controller maybe.)

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Fizza

@JaxonH That's one hell of a thumbnail.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

HotGoomba

@Kermit1 I think it's better if I don't explain the image, so have fun theorizing.

Don't click on it.

Kermit1Pineapple

@HotGoomba ok

So you created a realm dimension hopping device (this would explain the goomba + pumba mix as a side effect) to get magic carrots but instead it took you to 1066 right into the middle of Battle of Hastings. where you had to become a soldier as a cover so you could fix your device, then you realm dimension hopped to 10.7.9. and jumped into a poster of Despicable Me where you got trapped with the minion Nugget and you both had to conquer time and space to find a magic blueberry pie that can make carrots out of thin air. All leading up to 19.6.8. when you created a NintendoLife account to not only pass time but to find yout realm dimension device that's stuck within the internet, and you keep changing your profile picture and banner as a way to hide your identity from the evil muffins. So your current pfp is a reminder of the good times you had with Nugget who is currently still missing.

Here is your real identity
Untitled

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

HotGoomba

@Kermit1 Holy crap that's actually a really cool theory.

Don't click on it.

Ninfan

Is anyone looking forward to the Metroid prime remake release ūüė∑. Wonder will the celebartion of 20 years, mean a collectors item release ?

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I don't.
I'm looking for something else, definitely not zelda / xenoblade / metroid games.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MarioLover92

@Ninfan I'd love for that to happen, but there's no official word on it. It's been rumored for a good while, I believe.

A proud Mario and Nintendo lover since childhood!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Ninfan
Unlikely. Nintendo is very sparse with its Collector Editions. Most of the time games don't even get one, and if they do it has to be imported from Europe (Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Triangle Strategy, Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes).

But I am excited for the game itself. I'm guessing it'll be revealed in the next normal Direct, be that in July, August or September.

I've been holding off replaying the games, waiting for a Switch remaster. If nothing gets announced by the end of this year though, I'm just gonna play on Steamdeck using PrimeHack to map mouse to gyroscope. Hopefully it won't come to that though. Would much rather play on Switch.

PLAYING
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

I replayed nearly everything but the Prime series during the wait for Dread. Figured I'd save them for whenever Prime 4 got it's proper reveal (maybe when it gets a release date). If Trilogy HD or even one-at-a-time remasters happen, I'll just wait for those.

Failing that, I could use my Gamecube for Prime 1 & 2, my Wii U for my Wii version of 3... or just play Trilogy on my Wii U.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox), DOOM II (Xbox), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
I fired up Metroid Prime Trilogy not too long ago, and while aiming with the Wiimote is great, controlling the camera with it isn't.

Thats an issue both the GC and Wii version suffer. No right analog camera control. Next time I play, I want proper camera control (and gyro aiming, even if lock on exists).

I'm quite sure the Switch release will offer this, but if it never comes, Primehack allows the game to be played with KB/M which can be mapped to a controller with gyro.

PLAYING
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

HotGoomba

JaxonH wrote:

I'm guessing it'll be revealed in the next normal Direct, be that in July, August or September.

That'll likely be the case, since Nintendo almost certainly has enough things to fit in a single Direct, and they could all be announced as little as two months before release, like with Paper Mario The Origami King.

However, there's always that chance that both this and any other upcoming games like the rumored Donkey Kong game will have their trailers shadow dropped, like a lot of games in 2020. Unlikely, but Nintendo is kind of the king of screw-your-expectations.

Don't click on it.

link3710

@HotGoomba I may have missed something, but even assuming the Metroid Prime remaster is real (this time, which after... what, 3 fake rumors, it's gotta hit eventually), what makes people think it'll release this year?

I mean, it'd definitely make sense to me as the sort of title that could be announced as late as September and release this year, but still.

...That said, a Metroid Prime remaster would be very interesting. The first game would mostly need a visual shift, and it'd be nice to fix a few of the pacing issues. Maybe add a late game boss, during the artifact hunt? The X-Ray visor requiring you to go WAY out of your way and then back to where you started, so maybe a teleporter between late Phendrena and the entrance to the Wrecked Frigate. Heck, another 3-4 shortcuts in the game in general would significantly improve the endgame artifact hunt. I'd also love to see some of the more meaningless hallways that existed solely to disguise load times removed, though I doubt that'll happen.

I do think if it happens then missable scans will be fixed in various ways (allow scanning used map stations, allow scanning the "Fall of Zebes" terminal in the downed Frigate, allow scanning dropped stalactites, put Parasites somewhere on Talon IV, etc.). The biggest change would need to be boss scans, such as perhaps leaving a scannable corpse for all of them?

Anyways, I'm hoping we don't just see a 1:1 rerelease (or one that only changes to cut out all the sequence breaks). As fantastic as Metroid Prime is, it could definitely use a bit more polish.

link3710

Buizel

@JaxonH Yeah I've been waiting for a remaster to play these games. I've owned the first Prime on both Gamecube and Wii and could never get into either - the former felt too clunky with its shoulder-button holding, and the Wii version felt too...sensitive?...when changing Samus' field of view. I never understood why people raved about the controls in Trilogy, because I found them very off-putting (that said, I didn't pick the game up until after the Wii's heyday.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

@HotGoomba The existence of the Partner Showcase makes it seem like Nintendo's going to repeat 2020. As in the cancelled E3 2022 Direct consisting of:

• The BotW 2 delay teaser from back in March
  • All of the Partner Showcase
  • XC3 trailer from the start of the XC3 Direct
  • MK8 Deluxe wave 2 DLC trailer
  • Golf release date for Switch Sports
  • A trailer that'll appear in a Splatoon 3 Direct
  • Bayonetta 3 trailer that gets shadow dropped at some point or appears in a Bayonetta 3 Direct
  • A few 1st party games that get announced via social media over the coming months

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Buizel Just out of curiosity, did you ever play with the sensitivity settings in the Wii version? It's been too long for me to remember the details, but I know I had to tweak them before I really liked them back when I played.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic