Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,521 to 57,540 of 59,626

Balta666

@timleon hollow knight is my favourite but definitely it is long and very hard. Super Metroid is a good entry but maybe I will start with zero mission if you have the chance (also makes sense story wise on the Metroid universe as it is a remake of the NES game). Axiom verge is a masterpiece altough the artstyle is not for everyone. Guacamelee games are easier but very enjoyable too

Balta666

Buizel

@Balta666 Does Zero Mission not feel archaic considering it's a >15-year-old remake of a 35-year-old game? Not that I'm not open to it - I'm just wondering! I was actually thinking Samus Returns would be a great entry point for 2D Metroid, but I'm actually more tempted to start with the Prime series, as I've played a bit of 1 and Hunters and enjoyed what I played.

Axiom Verge doesn't look too appealing to me, but maybe that will change after Metroid. Guacamelee...I might see if that's on Game Pass or something and give it a try.

Edited on by Buizel

Previously "timleon" and "HunterLeon"

Currently playing: who can keep track anymore.

Balta666

@timleon regarding zero mission not at all as it is a full remake more in line with Super and it is absolutely awesome. Cannot talk about prime as I have never played them but on that note I highly recommend star wars fallen order

Balta666

rallydefault

@timleon
Yea Hollow Knight is a modern classic but it does get long.

I enjoyed both Ori games. I do find the platforming/physics to be a bit on the floaty/slippery side of things whereas Hollow Knight is the definition of "tight" control feel. The beautiful artwork and background in Ori are, well, beautiful of course but can also sometimes be confusing as to what is passable and what's not.

rallydefault

Giancarlothomaz

@Slowdive and @Jump i don't see Nintendo EPD tokyo attemping another 3D Donkey Kong game, they know badly recieved DK 64 was and everyone want someone to conclude the rebooted DKC series started in 2010, everyone know how superior 2D games are compared to 3D games and are too much costly and risky to develop, mark my words the next Donkey Kong game is gonna be 2D, if everyone is expecting a 3D Donkey Kong game is gonna be severely disapointed.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

MarioLover92

@Giancarlothomaz Well the thing is that Donkey Kong 64 was developed by Rare, not Nintendo. If Nintendo themselves were to make a 3D DK game of their own, it would probably have its own feel compared to how DK64 did things. Just my two cents, anyway. Personally, I think a brand-new 3D Donkey Kong platformer has a lot of potential. If it could rectify what DK64 fell short on (like clunky navigation, character-specific items, and some jank minigames), they could have a big hit on their hands.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

jump

@Giancarlothomaz 2D games aren’t better than 3D games, that’s a stupid comment to make as the games themselves dictate the quality.

It’s Nintendo, not a random start up indie company. They can afford to make a 3D game. If you want Donkey Kong to be treated like a big franchise then you’d have to actually spend money on it.

DK 64 was 3 decades ago, nobody cares anymore. There’s actually been far more bad and damaging DK games since then.

I imagine once you see a random YouTube vid talking about a 3D Donkey Kong you will quickly change your mind ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GrailUK

Anyone reckon that if Nintendo do reveal a new Switch model before E3, then it means all the third party presentations become more relevent (even if it's a Switch+ logo at the end of their trailers?)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@Slowdive Will it be a showreel in their direct or will the Switch turn up in everyone else's events more? I'm torn, because whereas I can already here all the moaning at exclusive third party games if there are too many, but I appreciate third parties will be circling like vultures lmao. Even Microsoft look like they want in.

Edited on by GrailUK

GrailUK

@Slowdive Good call with Capcom. I thought Konami would be going big on Switch (and I dare say I wasn't far off after their announcement) but unfortunately they had to pull out and won't be there. Ah well

Still the biggest reveal would be Super Monkey Ball 3. (Switch Pro hype killer for me hahaha!)

kkslider5552000

Super Monkey Ball 3 with online would be more hype for me than most games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

GrailUK

@Slowdive The SEGA AGES series was God tier support. M2 did the Lord's work I'm not too fussed about Yakuza, but Vanquish missing the Switch hurt.

link3710

@timleon Zero Mission is still one of the best Metroidvanias out there IMO. It's incredibly fluid and fun. It's only real issue is that it's kinda annoying to 100% due to a few minor issues in the endgame.

link3710

MsJubilee

@Slowdive The team must hate Nintendo. Or someone that's a higher up still has a grudge over that Wiiu port flopping.

Or maybe Sega is stupid. Well, with Persona 5 never appearing on the Switch, I think they are.

I don't enjoy suffering alone. However, I don't mind making others suffer alone.

Far Cry 6 hype. Let's go!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

kkslider5552000

link3710 wrote:

Zero Mission is still one of the best Metroidvanias out there IMO. It's incredibly fluid and fun. It's only real issue is that it's kinda annoying to 100% due to a few minor issues in the endgame.

To me the real main issue is how embarrassingly easy Ridley is.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

link3710

@kkslider5552000 I forgot about that since I played on hard mode last time, where he flips around to become the hardest version of Ridley somehow

link3710

jump

@MsJubilee thing is Persona 5 on Switch might be Atlus’ doing rather than Sega.

In any case apart from Yakuza, Football Manager and Valkyria Chronicles is there much worth buying from Sega (not Atlus) nowadays anyway? Shenmue 3, Panzer Dragoon Remake and House Of The Dead Remake weren’t even published by Sega.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

Anyone think that even though Bethesda is now owned by Microsoft, we may get DOOM Eternal Switch news during E3? It'll have been 7 months since the release of the Switch version when E3 comes along and Ancient Gods Part 1 released 7 months after the release of the PS4/XB1/PC versions.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic