Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,801 to 4,820 of 70,034

DjLewe78

@erv
You joke but the WIIU was always due a mini version because of its rather large size. I kind of wonder if the never released WIIU mini's gamepad is actually the NX and the WIIU mini is now the dock!!

1 up !

skywake

@DjLewe78
I always thought the Wii U was surprisingly compact. Sure compared to the Wii everything looks kinda big and the Wii U is a bit longer than the Wii. But if you look at teardowns? All the space in there is taken up by cooling and the optical drive. It's pretty impressive.

Now the GamePad is another story entirely.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Therad

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

@Therad

Kimishima only said it wouldn't sell 100 million. Nothing about it would be their worst selling console.

I didn't say it would be their worst-selling console either, so you're not addressing a single thing that I said.

Kimishima accurately observed the market and made a prediction about the console's sales (and the difficult task that Nintendo had in front of them) while his colleagues automatically assumed that the Wii U would replicate the success of its predecessor. Almost every that Nintendo made during this generation reflected this hubris: poor marketing and market direction, the console name, lack of software that properly demonstrated the uniqueness of the console, etc. That isn't "risk", at all; even risk is grounded in a valid rationale, but what Nintendo displayed is ignorance followed by poor-decision making.

Since you say they have done sooo many mistakes, the burden of proof is on you, since it was your argument.

The proof was provided in detail several pages ago.

Are you in denial, too? Or do you like to follow along with stupidity? You seem to.

I am not saying they haven't done mistakes, but I don't think they are that out of touch that you say they are. They made lots of small mistakes with the Wii U launch, which become a perfect storm.

And no, Kimishima didn't say it would tank, he said that it wouldn't sell 100 millions. I don't think anyone thought it would sell this bad.

And how does the later than usual reveal hurt Nintendo? Why is it better to blurt out some specs 10 months prior to launch? Why is it worse to reveal it in November than October?

And you should really think about your tone, being an poophole against others doesn't help your arguments.

Edited on by gcunit

Therad

gcunit

@Therad Since April 2016 you've used profanity on this site at least 4 times. Profanity is not allowed here, as per the Community Rules.

Please amend your approach to posting here so that it doesn't happen again, or we'll have to consider further action.

And we can do without the insults as well.

Thanks.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

@rallydefault

Your latest post shows me you are not willing to dig into the logical side of things...

All my latest post to you showed was that "the internet" (gamers and the media) and "the rest of the gaming world" are not necessarily different groups. Since you do not have a rebuttal to that post, I take it that you concede that point?

If you want to now focus on the influence of then that's another topic for discussion.

Lol. I concede nothing. And I'm pretty sure you just aren't reading my posts (or anybody else's, actually).

You are the one who refuses to use actual numbers to back up what you are saying. You've spent the last how many days accusing others of being "in denial" and a whole range of frenetic buzzwords that I'm so sick of seeing on the internet, yet when I presented you with an "out" to factually prove what you are saying, you gave me a response that was the written equivalent of sticking out your tongue and saying "Nah nah nah, I can't hear you."

... and now you're trying to shove a concession down my throat? If anybody's conceded a point, it's you.

P.S. - You really should watch how you talk to people. It's super derogatory. Sometimes I slip and do the same thing, though, so I understand it can be tempting when you can't actually see the people you are talking to. But don't ever forget, we are all real people posting here, and writing things like, "Or do you like to follow along with stupidity? You seem to" is over-the-top ignorant on your part.

Also, I'm kind of hoping the forum police will now tell me how many times I've used profanity on this site since April of 2016. I'm honestly interested to know lol

rallydefault

DjLewe78

@skywake
The gamepad is what I was talking about really. I'm still confused after their original E3 reveal. What is the WIIU 😂

1 up !

gcunit

@rallydefault According to search results, you've not troubled the alerts board. Here, have a sticker:

Untitled

Having said that, can we do something about this present tiff with BiasedSonyFan, it's not doing anyone any favours.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

shaneoh

skywake wrote:

I always thought the Wii U was surprisingly compact. Sure compared to the Wii everything looks kinda big and the Wii U is a bit longer than the Wii. But if you look at teardowns? All the space in there is taken up by cooling and the optical drive. It's pretty impressive.

Now the GamePad is another story entirely.

I like the size and weight of the gamepad, my hands remain a comfortable distance apart and it doesn't feel too light like other controllers.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Grumblevolcano

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is confirmed but is in pre-production phase so I guess even if it does end up NX exclusive it'll come too late to actually matter for helping the NX get off the ground. Maybe you'd even see a Rayman Legends type situation again.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Still in pre-production? I guess Ubisoft only just gave it the go ahead because I thought they announced it a few years ago.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarcelRguez

@FragRed It's been in development hell for a good while now. It was probably canned, they'd do well to rework it from the ground-up.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Ancel has also been working on WiLD, so BG&E2 was probably put on the backburner.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

skywake wrote:

The same was true for the DS early on. The touch screen was really just a fancy way to interact with a map or menu. Even if the biggest games on the system early on basically ignored the feature. Mini-games aside. Then they released games like Brain Training and it started to make a bit more sense. Literally a game about doing mental maths. It was a similar deal with the Wii U I'd argue. Though with the Wii U it also sold poorly so it'll always be looked at that through the lens of failure.

Not really. The hardware itself was clearly something new and different, we'd never had multiple screens or touch controls before. Whereas with the Wii U, we've had touch screens before, we've had gyroscope controls before, it wasn't conceptually different enough from past Nintendo products that they could easily market it as something innovative.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

gcunit wrote:

Having said that, can we do something about this present tiff with BiasedSonyFan, it's not doing anyone any favours.

I can and am doing, starting on this page. Just waiting for others to catch on

shaneoh wrote:

I like the size and weight of the gamepad, my hands remain a comfortable distance apart and it doesn't feel too light like other controllers.

I don't mind it either because I don't have Trump hands. But still, there's a LOT of empty space in that thing. The Wii U itself is packed, the GamePad is almost just a screen and a whole lot of air.

Edited on by skywake

Octane

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I don't know, just because of those rumours? Wouldn't put much stock into those. It could be that another company picked up the game and decided to fund it, doesn't have to be Nintendo.

Octane

skywake

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

That to me sounds like Nintendo resurrected the project. But who knows? He's asking for trouble if it's not at least on NX.

I don't think it necessarily means anything in relation to the NX. It could easily be a huge coincidence that the funding comes back and the game is teased just before the NX reveal. In addition to the leaks about the game in association with the NX. That said.....
Untitled
Nintendo does have a bit of history doing that sort of thing. And I'm not one to ignore a good coincidence

Edited on by skywake

skywake

DjLewe78 wrote:

some good words by this guy, a good read I thought.....

Does it mean you play a different version of the game on the road as to at home though?

Whether you trust what this guy is saying specifically is another question entirely. If you take it at face value? Sounds a bit more like the Dreamcast's VMU than a proper hybrid. The wording is interesting.

FragRed

@DjLewe78 Who is this "Boogie" person and what background does he have regarding having inside knowledge? It all sounds too good and kinda what my initial expectations of a hybrid would be - the ability to play a downgraded version of a game for when on the go with the full experience when at home.

It certainly would change the outlook of being a handheld first and foremost. My concern would be despite being easy to develop for, how enthusiastic would developers and publishers be towards essentially porting a game that requires so much additional resources just to make it playable on the go?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic