Grumblevolcano

Dammit Nintendo:

August 30th - Astral Chain
September 3rd - Spyro Trilogy
September 13th - Daemon X Machina
September 20th - Link's Awakening
September 27th - Ori and the Blind Forest

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

I already have Ori 1 on PC thanks to Game Pass so I can just play it now, but Astral Chain is already pre-loaded on my Switch..................................

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

There are, like, 10+ games releasing in September that I want at this point. It's stupid.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature Yeah DQXI S is September 27th, I was just listing the games in the window I was interested in.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Not seeing it on the real feed.

That's unlikely to happen, not just because of business reasons, but XBox stands alone in not using Bluetooth for it's controllers but a proprietary WiFi protocol. Sony's controllers would be more compatible than XBox ones. Newer models of X1 controllers do have a BT radio for PC compatibility, but then you'd get into the weird "depending on the age an model of controller you're using" mess. Elite v1 for example does not have BT at all (that's what v2 is partly for.)

NEStalgia

Banjo-

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Grumblevolcano definitely getting 3 on that list. DQ on the 27th too right? Although it's not for me

Yeah, Dragon Quest XI is a pretty important release, the Switch version is out on 27th September 2019.

Banjo-

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano you know it's rough when you listed only games IN SEPTEMBER THAT YOU'RE INTERESTED IN and there are 5 😂. I Think the entire Nintendo gaming community is going to be broke by the time October rolls around

NintendoByNature

Banjo-

NEStalgia wrote:

@BlueOcean Not seeing it on the real feed.

That's unlikely to happen, not just because of business reasons, but XBox stands alone in not using Bluetooth for it's controllers but a proprietary WiFi protocol. Sony's controllers would be more compatible than XBox ones. Newer models of X1 controllers do have a BT radio for PC compatibility, but then you'd get into the weird "depending on the age an model of controller you're using" mess. Elite v1 for example does not have BT at all (that's what v2 is partly for.)

I don't mean you but I never get replies when I ask something important and something I literally edited 30 seconds after I got like ten replies LOL. It appeared on my phone, it is likely that Microsoft cooperates with Nintendo once more so yes but then I opened Twitter and realised that it is a fake or joke account.

Obviously, only Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth would work. According to Microsoft's website: "On Bluetooth-supported controllers, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the face of the controller. On controllers without Bluetooth, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the top, where the bumpers are".

It might never happen officially, mind you.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

TuVictus

Ori is something that I think needs to be played on the Xbox or pc hardware just because of how stunning the visuals are. But of course if a switch is what you have then it'll still be worth playing on there too

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@PikPi The devs have confirmed that the game runs the same on Switch (1080p 60fps for docked), handheld is 720p 60fps.

Grumblevolcano

Banjo-

PikPi wrote:

Ori is something that I think needs to be played on the Xbox or pc hardware just because of how stunning the visuals are. But of course if a switch is what you have then it'll still be worth playing on there too

I agree, the game is too beautiful to be downgraded.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@PikPi The devs have confirmed that the game runs the same on Switch (1080p 60fps for docked), handheld is 720p 60fps.

We still have to see if the Switch version has the same visual quality though.

Banjo-

NintendoByNature

Really excited for ori. But here's what i thought of the direct and what was announced..

Earthnight- looked ok
Dungeon defenders- looked ok
Skellboy-looked cool
Touryst- ? I'm not sure what to make of it
Sparklite-looked good and I want it but it's 1 day before super luckys tale
Blasphemous - looked good but seems like it'll be tough of nails based on the description
creature in the well-pre purchased as I was really interested and there's a pre purchase discount
Torchlight- seemed cool but I never played the first. Not sure yet
The two shadow drops dont really appeal to me
Ori- for sure day 1, cant wait to play it
Untitled Goo....oh wait 😉

The only thing I was surprised by even more than ori( only because i saw the leaks), was no mention of pine, king of Cards, cross code and goose. Then again, a September or October direct is imminent

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

1080p 60fps isnt "downgraded" in the slightest. It's the EXACT same you'd get on an Xbox One.

And even if you have an X1X, this is one game where even the sharpest eyes will struggle to tell even a pixel of difference, thanks to the art style. I say this as someone with an X1X and PS4 Pro.

There's little to no value left in the X1 version over the Switch version now. Just like Cuphead. Ori at 1080p is going to look 99.5% as good as 4K thanks to the art style (just like Cuphead). Realistic games, sure, those are noticeable (yet even then, when I toggle Tomb Raider between 1080p and 4k I can barely tell a difference, only if I squint at the pixels on the rug pattern can I even tell). So Ori? Not a chance. This is one game where it'll look every bit as good as X1 and practically indiscernable from an X1X. The jump to 4K has the least effect on artsy style games. I'm sure to the diehard pixel counter there may be some small difference, but to everyone else its gonna be a coin toss as to which is which.

Only you also get an HD portable hybrid version with Ori on Switch.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

The Nindie Direct just now was pretty disappointing for me.
Only one game that caught my little attention despite it still have a weak potential.
It was The Touryst.
Other games just Nah for me.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@BlueOcean yea i get that for sure. Just a little surprised. Even if it was mentioned and had a " November or December" window, that would've been cool. I cant see it moving into 2020

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

PikPi wrote:

Nah. I don't even have a 4K set, but, even if I did, I'd take a 720p/1080p hybrid version over a 4K TV tethered version any day of the week.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic