Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,581 to 39,600 of 70,082

Therad

toiletduck wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

@GameOtaku
Key phrase, and everybody else

“Everybody else” isn’t doing anything. Because the vast majority of “everybody else” doesn’t care.

Exactly this. I'm one of those guys who'se bothered more by the complaining and by potentially losing one of my save files, than by consodering not paying 20 bucks out of principle.

@Therad I think he makes a valid point. People who currently don't have NSO, won't pay for the subscription just to share troll levels.

I think the percentage of "troll" or "bad" levels will be the same with or without NSO. No one buys MM to make troll levels, so the price of the game are already doing that. And even if they did, adding an extra $20 wouldn't break the bank. So no, I don't think it is a valid point.

The only way to get away from bad levels are some sort of curation, either by Nintendo (will never happen) or the community itself. If the community should be able to do that, there needs to be better tools for that. For example that users can do their own collections and share with others.

Therad

Octane

I mean, I'm going to make troll levels, so yeah, moot point.

Octane

JaxonH

@GameOtaku
That still has nothing to do with online though. Having manual backups is great for the niche subset of people who want to use them.

But it nothing to do with the quality of the online service.

You can say it's good to have manual backups. And it is. But that has nothing to do with the online service.

Point being, paying for online sucks on every console. And it TRIPLY SUCK on PS where its $60 a year.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

Untitled

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

And... now it’s official from Level-5 themselves.

Snack World is indeed coming west next year.

Which is awesome, I'm a fan of the toys-to-life genre.

I wonder who Nintendo will contract to handle the toy portion? Or if they'll just handle it themselves?
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

Excited about the snack world. Glad I had too much of a backlog to import.

Still longing for fantasy life 3 though.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
My problem is with the only way people that don't play online or don't have access to the Internet (try living like me in a rural community, it's not going to happen just to give you an example I may have one bar of 3G if I hold my phone up to a window just as the sun sets!) to back up save data and play the nes games is to subscribe to Nintendo switch "ONLINE "! That's why having options is a good thing! It's so that everyone has the same opportunities! If I paid for a full year I wouldn't even have access to it only one day out of every week! Yeah $20 is sure a bargain for less than a week of total online play Wooooh Boy yeah such a great thing Ninty!

GameOtaku

JaxonH

Nobody's video game opinions are physically harming anyone. What kind of question is that. Even Kotaku's outrageous SJW hit pieces are just opinions, and as crazy as they are, they are free to them.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@GameOtaku
That's why having options is a good thing! It's so that everyone has the same opportunities!

Yes, they are. I never claimed otherwise.

If I paid for a full year I wouldn't even have access to it only one day out of every week! Yeah $20 is sure a bargain for less than a week of total online play Wooooh Boy

So... don't sub? Nobody's trying to sell you on a subscription here. I dont care what you do.

yeah such a great thing Ninty!

Don't think anyone here said it was.

I'm not even understanding where this disagreement is coming from. I literally haven't claimed any of those things.

redd214

Geez you guys are still going back and forth lol. Just agree to disagree and let it go

Has anyone been having issues with Minecraft on the switch? My kids have been playing quite a bit last week or so and it's almost unplayable at times. Constant lagging, freezing, frame rate drops, taking forever to load all types of problems. Anyone else having challenges with it lately?

redd214

darkfenrir

@GameOtaku I would say why not try to find 7 other people to do family plan with. $5 per year is at least much more reasonable even if you only do a week of online.

Most people I know did the same, as well as nearly everyone in Indonesia's Switch communities. Instead of paying $20, find group of people to chip in for the family plan.

darkfenrir

TuVictus

Lol this entire forum is 90% passive aggressive pot shots

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

We should just accept that as a society so greatly structured around capitalism that even if a better way of trading goods and services for the consumer that limited the nickeling and diming companies could do to consumers DID exist...we would never be able to implement it globally.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic