Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,421 to 39,440 of 70,116

Grumblevolcano

With Iceborne now having a specific release date (September 6th), we now know the minimum amount of time Capcom won't mention anything about Switch MH if there is one after MHGU.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Which really isn’t that long from now, tbh. I suspect the Switch MH will release mid-2020, with an announcement this during the fall Direct or early winter 2020 Direct.

You know it’s coming. Even low budget MH games on 3DS consistently sold 4-5 million, and that was before the series was popular in the west. Even World barely managed to put up numbers like that on a single platform (and in fact, barring PS4 I don’t think any platform did). So the next portable MH is certainly on the way, as teased by the director of the portable entries with his N-E-X-T clue (and vaguely teased by King Zell, and “leaked” by 2 other sources, of which at least 1 is credible).

Not to mention, they’ll be wanting to capitalize on the Switch Mini, as will Nintendo who is keen to repeat the strategy used with 3DS (as evidenced by this year’s lineup). People shouldn’t underestimate the Mini. That thing is gonna propel Switch back to 3DS-tier software sales in Japan. And with Pokémon (presumably) followed by Monster Hunter starting at the end of this year, I have no doubt we’ll see a surge in interest from JP 3rd parties.

I don’t think we’ll see 3 MH games on Switch this gen, but we’ll certainly see 2 (MH Gen Ultimate and the NEXT entry). Although... if it releases 2020, they’re not going to let all that work go to waste. Probably churn out a sequel 2-3 years later at the end of the Switch’s lifespan. So we may see 3 after all.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

EvilLucario

I'm not entirely sure why people are mad at this, judging from Twitter and some parts of Reddit. You can download Tetris 99 even without the subscription as far as I can tell (visited Nintendo's site in incognito and it shows up fine), so you can just buy the DLC and go from there. That DLC would act as a $10 game with quite a few modes available.

It's the same thing Fortnite does with Save the World. Battle Royale is free, Save the World costs $30.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

@Aozz101x awesome!! Going to buy that right now. Great add on for a free game that I've sunk many hours into. Happy to give them some coin for the dlc!!

redd214

HobbitGamer

Hey, I’m totally okay with this! $10 for an offline Tetris? I’m down.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TuVictus

That's cool. It's like buying an actual tetris game to add onto the free BR mode. Nothing wrong with that

TuVictus

Eel

Sounds nice. And hey, it’s a season pass. I wonder what else will they add.

Edit: and apparently 90% of the internet thinks you need to be a NSO member to access the offline modes

No, you don’t need NSO to get or use the offline dlc.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

Anyone having problems downloading stuff from the eshop?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

IceClimbers wrote:

Only new game I'm expecting from Capcom at this point is Ace Attorney 7.

Your lips to capcom’s ears. And can we get a second trilogy?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

What's so unique about Tetris99 compared to, say Tetris v.s. Puyo Puyo (other than that it doesn't have a game mode that I totally suck at.... )

Tetris Effect in VR, I admit, as addicting me heavily at the moment.....

NEStalgia

Eel

Well, Tetris 99 has a battle royale mode against 98 other players online.

And the dlc adds offline play and the regular marathon mode (plus other modes yet to be announced).

If you want regular Tetris then it's worth it. Though it's also ok to wait and see what else comes with dlc.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

EvilLucario

Still don't get why some people are complaining and saying it's "greedy". It's literally just a $10 offline Tetris game with some new modes that you can play even without the subscription. The main attraction is playing against other people online, and nothing changes if you don't buy into the "DLC".

Tetris Effect is $40 in comparison (with no online) and Puyo Puyo Tetris is $20-30.

Not even trying to white knight here, it just boggles the mind.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Speaking of number 99, i really hope 99Vidas will get physical release for Nintendo Switch version.

Anti-Matter

Toy_Link

SEGA Ages has had a strong response overseas (especially in Europe), but slow sales in Japan. Overall SEGA Ages is selling less than half of what the 3D Classics were selling years ago. Staff will from here on focus more on appealing to the Japanese audience.
https://nintendoeverything.com/sega-ages-has-seen-a-strong-re...

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

redd214

EvilLucario wrote:

Still don't get why some people are complaining

Because for many gamers it seems complaining about games is just as if not more important than actually playing games!

Personally for the amount of time and fun I've had with Tetris 99 I have no problem giving the ten bucks with the promise of more in the future.

redd214

Haruki_NLI

Tetris Effect doesnt even have a mode where you just play Tetris. Cant turn off the effects, and any "Marathon" mode either has a limit of lines or level, or starts above Lv10.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HobbitGamer

redd214 wrote:

Because for many gamers it seems complaining about games is just as if not more important than actually playing games!

Well....Bethesda IS still pushing Fallout 76, so there's credence to that thought

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Behold...

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

Huh...interesting. Well, at the risk of being that guy, I can understand why some people are complaining about the 10 bucks. Tetris 99 was marketed to us as completely free for NSO subscribers, and now suddenly there is paid DLC on top of my sub? It smacks (just a bit) of what other companies do to get money out of you.

But, I'm free to not buy it, and I'm not going to. So problem solved, really.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic