Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,561 to 38,580 of 70,109

JaxonH

@AlohaPizzaJack
It’s not live on their site, it’s in their system, but it’s confirmed to be in their system by Wario64, and some Best Buy employees have chimed in to say that’s not something your average employee can just fake or enter in themselves.

@Grumblevolcano
Link to the Past is odd, isn’t it? Either there’s somebody with extremely high access who is playing a late April Fools (doubt it, just because people with access that high typically don’t jeopardize their jobs for stupid pranks), or Nintendo actually has another Zelda Remake coming. Who the heck knows.

But the fact Persona 5 shows Nintendo as the publisher screams authentic to me because that’s just how they roll. They tend to publish these games when they work out deals with the third parties (Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, etc).

I will say this- the Zelda listing makes me a bit hesitant all of a sudden... like... it’s too much, ya know? Too much to be believable. Then again listings sometimes get sent in batches when there’s going to be a bulk of announcements made. Idk. But that Zelda listing seems really out of place

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH oh, I gotchya. It’s a SKU listing. Hrm, well I need to know when that’s in an enroute receiving shipment 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Persona 5 isn't the questionable part (and wasn't specifically in the IGN Direct), the rest is. Nintendo doesn't have anything to gain by announcing Prime Trilogy before they're ready to showcase Prime 4 and Link to the Past would be an odd choice given releasing SNES games outside NSO would give people even more of a reason to ignore NSO.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
They’ve got nothing to lose by announcing prime trilogy now. Nothing to gain but nothing to lose either.

Questionable part is the Zelda. That’s just wild. I was 100% convinced especially with the Joker render leak at Best Buy not a week ago, but this seems like somebody at Best Buy watched that April Fools prank video from IGN and thought it was real or something (which is why it’s in horrible taste to do things like that- should never fake a game that could plausibly come for April Fools, even more so when it’s a game that’s likely to come).

Idk. I was sold until the Zelda. Now I think I’m gonna sit back and wait to see how this all unfolds

Having said that

Zelda also could lend credibility rather than doubt. The other two games have been heavily rumored. If someone with a high enough position to enter listings was trolling (which has never happened in recent memory and certainly not at Best Buy) those would be easy marks. But Zelda Link to the Past? That’s way out in left field and not something someone would probably put it in as “believable“. Which kind of makes it.... more believable. Specifically because it’s not even remotely one of the game on typical rumor lists. And it’s not something that was featured in any April Fools video afaIk.

Idk. The whole world has gone topsy-turvy 🙃

more thoughts p
That Zelda Link to the Past could be a eShop download sold on a card, like Pokémon Yellow was on 3DS. Maybe part of an upcoming “Goodbye from Reggie” Direct. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a big game. Food for thought

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Oh and btw, a verified and trusted Microsoft leaker (so not one of your typical Nintendo leakers) says Super Lucky’s Tale, Ori and the Will of the Wisps (the new one), and Gears Tactics are headed to Switch.

Hoo boy, it’s goin down in 2019

Edited on by JaxonH

Toy_Link

Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission will not support save date cloud backup.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Diddy64

I just hope that the best surprises aren't leaked. I really liked how Super Smash Bros Ultimate got revealed out of nowhere in one of the directs.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

EvilLucario

GIVE ME GEARS POP ON SWITCH OR GIVE ME DEATH

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Magician

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Nintendo doesn't have anything to gain by announcing Prime Trilogy before they're ready to showcase Prime 4.

Releasing the Prime Trilogy now would satisfy the hardcore Metroid fans. I guarantee that audience would consider that release to be adequate compensation for Prime 4's delay. In addition to that, having that box on store shelves for a couple or few years will increase Metroid's mindshare among newer Switch owners. There's probably a good percentage of Switch owners who've never played a Metroid Prime game. Ever.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Haruki_NLI

I now own 75 Switch games in just over 2 years.

Its passed the PS2 now. My lord.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

@Magician Yep, pretty much. If anything this year is the perfect time to release a Prime Trilogy considering Prime 4 is a few years off at least. I mean I guess it would also fit well in 2020 assuming a 2021 release for 4, but I think releasing it this year would help ease the disappointment of the development news

TuVictus

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita Retail, or are you including digital-only releases?

Although I guess that line has been blurred a bit with the Switch, considering how many games get limited physical releases.

My most well-supported system is easily the 3DS. I own 40 or so retail 3DS games, and upwards of 50 digital-only titles. That's not including DSiWare, Virtual Console releases, or original NDS games, either.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah As I said in my post, I now have 75 games for my Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Mine would be Switch if you don't count VC but Wii U if you do. This discussion did remind me that we're now back to the position where the only way to buy an English version of Smash 64 is the N64 cartridge. It didn't get released on Wii U VC outside Japan, the Wii Shop Channel is fully closed and Switch's Nintendo retro collection is a complete joke.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

I still can't quite accept digital-only games as "real games." Even if I'm buying physical games digitally, it's not a "real" serious game to me if it doesn't have a physical option. It's more of a shareware, budget thing to me otherwise. Indie/digital just feel like "b-tier stuff" to me. Of course that doesn't rule out all indie. Plenty of the "good" indie games do have physical (Shovel Knight, Steamworld games, Monster Boy, etc. etc. )

NEStalgia

link3710

In terms of number of games I have?

1. PC (that's not even fair though. I've been buying games for almost 20 years for that platform + Steam + Free games aplenty + Humble Bundle) ~ 300 games
2. Gamecube ~80 games
3. DS ~ 70 games
4. Switch ~ 60 games
5. PS2 ~40 games
5. 3DS ~40 games
7. Wii ~ 35 games
8. Wii U ~ 30 games
9. Xbox 360 ~ 20 games
9. N64 ~ 20 games
9. Gameboy / Color ~ 20 games
9. GBA ~ 20 games
12. PS4 ~15 games
13. PSX ~10 games

If I hadn't been forced to give away my SNES collection, that'd rank over Wii, but below 3DS most likely. But yeah, Switch is likely to surpass my Gamecube collection at this rate, really freaking easily. And it's not like I've spent that much on it, I've been really good at waiting for sales and the like. Plus, indies help significantly in keeping costs down.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Haruki_NLI

@NEStalgia So it's only a real game if its on a store shelf? You're gonna love the future then.

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita Pretty much. Or maybe it's fairer to say a real publisher rather than fly by night stuff. Ace Atty I think of as real...though to be fair it's on store shelves...in Japan. Bloodstained I think of as real...though...well what is it's retail status at this point? AFAIK 505 is handling it, but I still don't know if it will be physical for non-backers or what.

It's not QUITE as cut and dry as needing a physical box, or not liking anything indie (though generally I don't view most indie games as "real" games...the indie games I do are the ones that aren't "true" indie....things with real publishers, bigger companies like Sumo, I&F, etc.) ) And I don't think it's a new wave thing. I've compared it to shareware and it is. It reminds me of those PC demo floppies (yes, floppies!) you'd get with 100 games on there where Jazz Jackrabit was the headliner. They were never the "real" games compared to what was happening on console and with deeper games that were already on PC (MechWarrior, Zork, etc. etc.) The only new thing is that we group the shareware tier in as equals to the commercial tier. And yeah, that includes some of the shareware tier stuff from big publishers, too. Looking at Child of Light.)

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic