Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 69,995

skywake

Octane wrote:

TBH, whatever it is, I don't think it'll become as mainstream as the Wii and I don't think that Sony or Microsoft are really worried by what Nintendo is doing.

I wouldn't go that far, I don't think you can say the NX won't be as big as the Wii. It might end up being that sort of platform. But even so, I think it is fair to say that whatever Nintendo does it probably won't impact the PS4 and XBOne much. I'm fairly sure that they're after different markets entirely. Which is fine because the industry is big enough for that.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@skywake I truely think that the Wii was a one-hit wonder. Even if the NX catches on, I don't think it'll reach the Wii (or DS in case of a handheld) levels of success. Chances of that happening are way too slim. I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

Octane

IceClimbers

This week should be a pretty busy week for news. CoroCoro scans should be coming in either today or tomorrow, while the next Sun/Moon trailer drop is on Wednesday. Plenty of Pokemon news to go around!

This week is also TGS. Sony's conference is on Tuesday, which should be good. There's a possibility that 3rd parties release trailers for games that could be coming to NX, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it.

Of course, there's always the possibility that Nintendo announces the NX reveal date either tomorrow or Tuesday.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

GrailUK

We are not gonna hear anything about the NX this week.*

*I am always wrong.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

MarcelRguez

@GrailUK I'm terrible with predictions and I also think we won't hear anything about the NX this week.

It's a sign.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I agree that I don't think we'll see anything NX related... from Nintendo. I think we might see some Japanese 3rd parties confirm their games are coming to NX at TGS. As to what games those are, I have no clue.

At the very least we might see some DQXI footage.

MarcelRguez

@IceClimbers As to what games those are, I have no clue
That's what makes me think nothing will happen. I see the list of titles publishers are bringing to TGS and I don't see many titles that could end up landing on the NX. I'm probably just projecting my own bias onto the software because of the Wii U, though.

I guess they could always announce brand new titles for it but, considering we don't even know what it is yet, NDAs will probably keep their lips shut tight.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

FragRed

I worry Nintendo are gonna leave the reveal to the last possible moment out of fear of someone copying their ideas and in hopes that they'll find that "perfect moment" in which to make the reveal which will never happen because Nintendo continue being too scared to reveal the NX and continue holding out for better circumstances. And then they'll mess it up.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

18 days until this thread is 1 year old.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That's scary and sad at the same time. Scary that it's been so long already since the NX was announced and sad that we still know nothing official other than a month of release.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DjLewe78

Does anyone else think the NX may be described as not just a games console but an all round entertainment box that does it all? Think apple TV with apps and Nintendo software.
I started thinking that if Nintendo bring out another dedicated gaming console like XBOX or PS it will bomb again as it won't be an attractive sell. No one wants 2 consoles (apart from die hards).
Im beginning to think that NX will be big on apps you can you use on the go and at home.

1 up !

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I'm quietly optimistic and looking forward to next week as I think we'll finally see the NX.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FragRed

@DjLewe78 The Xbox One was supposed to be that kinda system - an all round entertainment system and look how much hate it got because of it.

But no I don't think for a moment the NX will be that. Iwata stated it was a dedicated gaming platform.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Well the NX was announced even further back, in 6 days it will have been 18 months (17th March 2015) since the Nintendo/DeNA meeting. I think this thread came about because of the Direct drought.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I wake up each day preying that Nintendo Life will have an article revealing an official announcement about the NX reveal. Then check every hour while at work. Alas I fear it won't be happening.

FragRed

@SLIGEACH_EIRE You see what Nintendo is doing to me!! I know nothing anymore!

IceClimbers

Does Sony have some sort of exclusivity contract on Ni No Kuni 2? If not, then I could see that game possibly making its way to NX.

The big elephant in the room is of course KH3. No, that won't come to NX - the system will be replaced by the time it comes out

gcunit

FragRed wrote:

I wake up each day preying that Nintendo Life will have an article revealing an official announcement about the NX reveal.

You wake up? That must mean you're getting some sleep. Which means you don't care enough - lie awake all night with NX in your head or it doesn't count.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Don

I hate to complain but Nintendo seems to not care about its fans. First it refuses to make its virtual console games reasonably priced and most importantly account based instead of system based and now it announced a release date but nothing further on the NX for months after that. I honestly don't think any of the big three game companies cares about its loyal customers. Sony and Microsoft are pretty bad too but in different ways (Microsoft is by far the lesser of the 2 evils compared to Sony based on my personal experience). I still can't boycott these companies since I am addicted to their games but I just wish they treat the gamers with more respect.

Don

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic