Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,501 to 36,520 of 70,074

link3710

@ReaderRagfihs Well, we know that Destiny and Destiny 2 were getting Sony only content that they were paying to keep off other systems. That one is undeniable. Same with Call of Duty DLC going to Sony first, though that's way less of an issue. Street Fighter V is a Sony exclusive because they paid for it, that's public knowledge. Spiderman is an exclusive cause well, at it's root, it was part of the deal they made with letting Marvel use Spiderman in the MCU.

Other than those, all I know are rumors. Yakuza, Persona, Ni No Kuni, Crash, Spyro, literally every game seems to have rumors flying around about payoffs, who knows what's true.

link3710

EvilLucario

@link3710 Altus with Persona are a bit separate from the rest imo. SMT IV and V are Nintendo exclusive, and we don't know if Nintendo were paying to have those only on Nintendo systems. They're very weird with their exclusivity, it doesn't make much sense.

Honestly I don't see why SMT V can't go on PS4. Likewise, the same for Persona going on Nintendo. It just baffles me personally.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

bluemage1989

Would anyone want to recommend some good Switch/Nintendo related YouTubers i should check out?? Have to work night shift a few times a week and with the improved 4G network in my area i can actually watch something for the few hours of quiet we have mid shift.

bluemage1989

link3710

@EvilLucario Oh yeah, I was just listing the rumors. Atlus is so strange in it's decisions, every game they announce generates a boatload of them. Like, I get why Etrian Odyssey was Nintendo exclusive, the series was basically built around the DS/3DS clamshell design. Same with basically all the Trauma Center games using touch/motion.

But for everything else, Catherine, SMT, Persona, Radiant Historia, Odin Sphere, etc. It's bizarre how literally all their games are exclusives. It's hard to believe an XB1 port wouldn't make it's money back, especially on the big name titles like SMT and Persona.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@bluemage1989 yea man. I watch a few. My 2 favorites are spawn wave and rgt85. Both are heavily Nintendo you tubers but dabble into more as well. Nintendo prime does an ok job but not nearly as good as the other two imo. Player essence is pretty good too and so is common wealth realm Just an fyi spawn wave does a spawn cast every Saturday night( at least Saturday night in the us) and it usual has a panel of those guys I mentioned and some are special guests. They almost solely talk about Nintendo related topics but get into Xbox and PlayStation stuff too. It's usually 8pm central time for the us on Saturdays. Tune in, I usually do.

Edit: spawn wave takes a more serious approach and with some humour here and there. He does some tech videos too and breaks down systems and shows you how to fix stuff which is cool. Rgt85 is almost all joking and funny bits but he knows his stuff

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Buizel

@bluemage1989 Some of my favourites are Arlo, rabbidluigi, AntDude, Balrog, Scott The Woz, Snoman Gaming, TheJWittz and SomecallmeJohnny. Not all of them are 100% Nintendo but they mostly seem to cover games on Nintendo platforms.

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

@bluemage1989
Psst...
Watch Dragon Quest Builders 2 channel from YouTube.
There were some updated info from the gameplay the found.

Anti-Matter

Kimyonaakuma

@EvilLucario I'm pretty sure they made SMT IV for the 3DS because the budget was quite small, but SMT has always had mainline games on Nintendo systems. Of course Nocturne was on PS2 but interviews mentioned that they needed a powerful console to run it, and even then they had to scale down their ideas. But they generally have their biggest titles on PlayStation systems and the more niche, low budget games on Nintendo's handhelds. They do have the occasional game that makes no sense but that's the general pattern I've noticed

Hopefully with Catherine Classic coming to PC this week was the start of Atlus going multiplatform more often, well if SEGA gives them the money.

@link3710 I don't think they were deliberately exclusive, they just made them wherever they have a guaranteed audience, they haven't really become popular outside of Japan until Persona 4 happened. And even so they definitely don't have the biggest budgets for most of their games, ports just add to that cost.

Kimyonaakuma

bluemage1989

@Anti-Matter @Buizel @nintendobynature thatnks for the recommendations the only ones i have seen before are ScotttheWoz, Snoman Gaming and RabbidLuigi. I like the serious stuff that goes in to lore and what not but i also love the funny stuff as well opinion and news so it looks like a lot of variety there. Ill be sure to check out the Dragon Quest Builders stuff as well as ive been on the fence about buying in to the series for a while.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@darkfenrir anyone else your a fan of??

Ill be honest i have never really had much time for YouTube with work and wife and children the free time i do have i tend to spend playing games rather than watching them. I do, however, have to admit that other than the few i mentioned above i have a real love for the PR cheese fest that is Nintendo Minute. I straight up just want to pinch there cheeks i find them that adorable and there enthusiasm is infectious and there genuinely like able people even if they are carefully scripted PR machine but yeah there goes whats left of my manly man image!!

bluemage1989

darkfenrir

@bluemage1989 Not really, I only watch... a few Youtube channels? Like for streamer I only watch Wanderbots and MegamanOmega (this guy is just for Touhou stuff though), for Nintendo stuff only Arlo, then some stuff like Writing on Games, Game Maker's Toolkit, TechAltar, LinusTechTips, etc.

I keep my youtube feed very sparse

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

The list of people I watch:

• SomecallmeJohnny (my favorite overall YouTuber, great streamer and very funny and informative reviews)
  • Spawn Wave (News Wave, Tech Wave, SpawnCast)
  • GameXplain (lots of analysis videos and discussions)
  • Arlo (discussions and reviews)
  • AntDude (streamer and reviewer like Johnny)

And my personal go-to Nintendo-focused channel: ChiGuy. He's relatively much smaller channel at ~42k subscribers, but he has some of the best takes on Nintendo and gaming stuff. Highly recommend you check him out. He doesn't upload as often or quickly as the other guys here, but since he lets the story develop a bit before going into it, it makes for a better take.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Toy_Link

@IceClimber Weren’t icons for SNES controllers in the same Switch update that leaked the wireless NES controllers? If so, it should’ve been pretty obvious from the start that they were planning to add SNES games. But, I’m definitely curious to see the public reaction to this, will the reaction become more positive or will it be just as negative as it was before.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

bluemage1989

Im going to ask a really stupid question but its 4.30 am and im tired. When the SNES games come to the Switch would they not come in their own app?? Why would they be hidden in the NES Online app?? I mean they could rename it i suppose but always assumed each console would have its own app. @IceClimbers

bluemage1989

EvilLucario

I know Andre from GameXplain would be stoked for Stunt Race FX lel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic