Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,301 to 25,320 of 69,981

Therad

Yes, but how much is the discount on the next game? 5c? $1? My guess is you can find most games cheaper online even with the discount.

Therad

StuTwo

@YummyHappyPills maybe they should have adopted the Nintendo Gold Points standard?

In a more serious and on topic point - Zimbabwe shows the truth about any currency. That is it’s only worth what someone will accept for it in exchange and that the strength and viability of a currency is dictated by the strength and viability of the state or organisation that is responsible for it. If that state collapses the currency loses all value.

Which is an important consideration for anyone buying any purely digital goods (and also part of the reason why Nintendo wants to get you to use their digital currency - it ties you into their ecosystem and gives you a tiny stake in Nintendo not going belly up).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Haruki_NLI

@Therad The Binding Of Isaac: AFterbirth + was £35.99, I got 148 points, so £1.48 off of my next purchase.

Here's the thing, that'll likely go towards the Megaman Legacy Collection. You might think, why? You can just not get it physically. Not here in the EU I cant.

After that, I'll likely spend that discount of MMLC2, and then that one on RE: Revelations. Since that's the ONLY way for me to buy those games for Switch, it's not a bad idea. And that is a surprisingly common problem in this region.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

skywake

Therad wrote:

Yes, but how much is the discount on the next game? 5c? $1? My guess is you can find most games cheaper online even with the discount.

Don't complicate things. It's a 1% rebate on physical copies and 5% on digital in the form of store credit. Are there better discounts? Sure. But everything will give you coins and some content only exists on the eshop. Also unlike previous systems you don't have to go to a specific site to claim the reward so a lot more people are going to use it.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haruki_NLI

@skywake A lot of content only exists on the eShop.

You know, not only do games cost slightly more here, and our retailers love jacking up prices, or not stocking a lot of them (Bayonetta), we are lucky to get them physically at all.

If I can get a discount on a system that quite frankly merits being digital with a fair few things, on games I can only get digitally, I will absolutely take it.

And on that note screw publishers pulling the "EU isn't as financially viable for this release" crap. You did it on PS4 and Xbox why stop now?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Pinball FX3 resolution + framerate patch CANCELLED

Hey guys,

we might have been premature in the excitement surrounding the Switch release. We really think this is one of the best platforms to play the game, and wanted to make it to everyone's liking.

We have sat on this problem contemplating it for a long time, trying to find a good way to up the frames per your request.

We found that there was no 'universal' method to do this and each table would require a lot of separate work. This volumen we simply don't have the bandwith for in the graphics and the QA department right now.

We really do apologize for us being a bit slow to properly address this.

P.S.: Check out Son of Zeus though, we were able to better some of that tables problems in Cam 3-4

They're getting a lot of flack over this. Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U ran at 60FPS.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@OorWullie Yes but the handheld mode is supposed to be as powerful as the Wii U. People were under the impression when buying these games that an update was coming for 60fps in handheld mode.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Therad

Sure you get a token discount, but I don't see the point of it at all. It just feels lazy. And on top of it, the points expire.

Therad

NaviAndMii

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Yeah, I was just reading about that as well - the news seems to have gone down like a lead balloon, with people requesting refunds right, left and centre...ouch!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

I have a stupid question. For those that have SD cards and are using them for eShop games could you guys clarify some things for me:

1. I download a game from the eShop and put it on my SD card. Can I remove the SD card and insert it later and play it again?
2. Do I need internet connection for DRM stuff when playing games like that?

I am asking those things because I want my games to be physical and if some games never get a physical release this is the closest thing that can be done. Get a 32 GB card put a game that is closely to that size and use it like it is a real game card?

It may be stupid but I am wondering if it could work like that?

Otherwise I am only buying physical releases.

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras 1) Yes you can remove your SD card (in fact for digital only buyers you need multiple SD cards to fit EVERYTHING, and most gamecard storage cases include some SD card slots too.) 2) No net connection required, as long as your Switch is your "Primary" switch for the user account, you can play the games purchased on that account. (net connection required to deactivate a Switch as Primary.....or to download more games, of course.)

NEStalgia

Ralizah

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Pinball FX3 resolution + framerate patch CANCELLED

Hey guys,

we might have been premature in the excitement surrounding the Switch release. We really think this is one of the best platforms to play the game, and wanted to make it to everyone's liking.

We have sat on this problem contemplating it for a long time, trying to find a good way to up the frames per your request.

We found that there was no 'universal' method to do this and each table would require a lot of separate work. This volumen we simply don't have the bandwith for in the graphics and the QA department right now.

We really do apologize for us being a bit slow to properly address this.

P.S.: Check out Son of Zeus though, we were able to better some of that tables problems in Cam 3-4

They're getting a lot of flack over this. Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U ran at 60FPS.

What a joke. I guess I won't be purchasing any tables from them.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

After putting Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Odyssey, as well as Golf Story, through the MyNintendo bobbins, I now have 180 points = £1.80 in all.

It is definitely not as good as the Premium scheme thingummy that was available on the Wii U, seeing as £62.50 gave you £5.00 to spend. That’s what I call being generous!

Eh. It’s better than nothing, but I would rather they had those crazy sales that you often find on the PlayStation Store, such as 70% off for PS+ members and 35% off for everybody else.

Peek-a-boo

Buizel

I had around £13 worth of gold coins...not bad. Convinced me to pick up Kirby which I was unsure about.

I'm quite pleased as I otherwise probably would've forgotten those coins existed.

At least 2'8".

Ryu_Niiyama

deletes pinball FX3 thanks for the heads up!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic