Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,301 to 25,320 of 59,626

EvilLucario

What the blue heck Skyrim is above Xenoblade 2 in Switch NPD

agh

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DarthNocturnal

@Anti-Matter

....did you even read his entire follow-up post? He didn't say physical media should be abolished.

@YummyHappyPills

Don't feel down because the village grump disliked what you said. You're not alone in that by... well, a lot.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

MsJubilee

@JaxonH "That should boost sales, not hinder them." I can see that for a game that sold well in it's first run. But not Bayo. 1 didn't do so hot and it was released for the 360 and PS3. 2 didn't do so hot either.Just cause it releases on the Switch doesn't mean it's gonna be a success.The franchise doesn't have that type of recognition. Bayo track record has already proven that.

"And given all other Wii U ports are looking to exceed sales of their original releases" Really gonna compare Mario Kart and Pokemon(Pokken Tournament) to Bayo? Two franchises that are bigger than Bayo will ever be? Also Nier is a new title. This port isn't.

"That's not true. You get both Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for $60" I said that cause the original release for the Wiiu had this type of deal at launch.

Edited on by MsJubilee

I don't enjoy suffering alone. However, I don't mind making others suffer alone.

Far Cry 6 hype. Let's go!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

But I am disappointed in Bayonetta's performance in EU/JP. Especially considering we had a two month gap after Xenoblade 2 for people to recoup their wallets and catch up on their backlog... people should've been thirsty for this release.

Bayonetta has more brand recognition, and previous releases to earn word-of-mouth. And given all other Wii U ports are looking to exceed sales of their original releases, I expect it to do at least as well, preferably better.

Trust me, the pennies in my wallet are screaming to be spent on Switch games. I am actually TRYING to get interested in games that normally wouldn’t appeal to me and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one. I think you underestimate how niche this game is though. I bet not a single one of my friends or close acquaintances even know this game and/or are mildly interested in it. The more (p)review videos I’ve watched, the less this game appeals to me. I’m not saying it’s a bad game, but I do think it’s not that broadly appealing. Maybe a large part of the actual fans already bought it on Wii U and the ‘new’ Switchers aren’t really into this? I expect more success with a port like DKCTF.

Anti-Matter wrote:

@YummyHappyPills
Physical media is NOT outdated.
Btw, how do we save our documents if there is NO CD / DVD / Blu-Ray ?
They are still needed.

Ever heard of the cloud? I own a NAS for backup of pictures etc. and I have some SD-cards for hardware that forces me to use it (camera’s, game consoles, etc.). I haven’t used a disc to save data for over 10 years I think… I’m not saying you shouldn’t, but I definitely don’t NEED physical discs anymore.

@YummyHappyPills @SLIGEACH_EIRE Now come on kids, play nicely! 😉 There’s enough space on the forums for both of your opinions.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

gcunit

I bought 2 physical games recently that I'd wanted to try. I didn't take to either of them, so sold them both and made an approximate 20% profit (after ebay fees) in doing so. When was the last time anyone buying digital could say that?

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@toiletduck NO!!! This is not just a forum, THIS IS NintendoLife, this is war! Survival of the fittest!

Untitled

Octane

toiletduck

@Octane Ah yeah sorry... Seems that I still have to get used to the deviating norms on the Interwebs, newbie that I am on these forums! I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
Understand, nobody is comparing Bayonetta to Mario Kart. It's a correlation that's being compared. The correlation of (Switch sales / Wii U sales). And that ratio has proven to be at least 1.0 if not higher. Therefore, the ratio should be maintained, regardless of which game it is. That's just simple math.

But I think it will be. I think Bayonetta 2 will ultimately hit it's million on Switch. May take til the end of the year but, it should.

PLAYING
NS: Warioware, Cruis'n Blast, Ni No Kuni 2
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
Steam: Horizon Zero Dawn, Deathloop, Tales of Arise
PS5: Spiderman, Ghosts of Tsushima
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, Monkey Ball, SMTV

Jesus is Lord.

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

Understand, nobody is comparing Bayonetta to Mario Kart. It's a correlation that's being compared. The correlation of (Switch sales / Wii U sales). And that ratio has proven to be at least 1.0 if not higher. Therefore, the ratio should be maintained, regardless of which game it is. That's just simple math.

Let's step away from math and toward statistics a bit here. What your saying only applies if the distribution of Mario Kart and Bayonetta fans is equal over the Wii U and Switch. One could assume that Bayonetta appeals to a higher proportion of Wii U owners than Switch owners. The 1:1 distribution will only apply for games with a fan base distribution equal to the console.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

darkfenrir

https://nintendoeverything.com/little-dragons-cafe-from-harve...

The premise:
The story opens with a twin brother and sister learning to cook and manage a small café under their mother’s tutelage. All was peaceful and routine until one morning when the twins discover that their mother has fallen into a deep sleep and won’t wake up. Suddenly, a strange old man appears to inform them that they must raise a dragon in order to save her. Working together with three quirky café employees, the two siblings must figure out how to a wrangle a dragon and manage the family business while finding a way to save their mother.

Oh my god this looks interesting! I think whenever more stuff coming up out of this I would follow as much as I can

darkfenrir

Scrummer

@YummyHappyPills Just because one person disliked what you said doesn't mean you have to leave. Heck, I rarely do, but you can even press the ignore button if you really dislike what he said.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Scrummer

@darkfenrir I love cooking. I also love cooking games. This looks like something I would really dig. I can't wait to see more details on it.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Pazzo-TheFool

@YummyHappyPills

Don't get discouraged. If you weren't around we'd have one less Splatoon fan, and that is always a terrible, thing.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Anti-Matter

@toiletduck
"Ever heard of the cloud? I own a NAS for backup of pictures etc. and I have some SD-cards for hardware that forces me to use it (camera’s, game consoles, etc.). I haven’t used a disc to save data for over 10 years I think… I’m not saying you shouldn’t, but I definitely don’t NEED physical discs anymore."

I still need those Traditional back up media for my games collections and my documents.
I have some Old School mindset.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

darkfenrir

@Scrummer Agreed! Meanwhile for me the main draw will be the Dragon Husbandry part... but I love this kind of simulation mixed in with fantasy games (one of the reason I really love Fantasy Life! )

Considering it's from Harvest Moon creator, I think it'll be pretty nice too... hopefully the more news is soon (Including localization news)

darkfenrir

DarthNocturnal

Octane wrote:

@toiletduck NO!!! This is not just a forum, THIS IS NintendoLife, this is war! Survival of the fittest!

Untitled

Nintendo Life: Battle Royale.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Anti-Matter

darkfenrir wrote:

@Scrummer Agreed! Meanwhile for me the main draw will be the Dragon Husbandry part... but I love this kind of simulation mixed in with fantasy games (one of the reason I really love Fantasy Life! )

Considering it's from Harvest Moon creator, I think it'll be pretty nice too... hopefully the more news is soon (Including localization news)

Psst....
You gonna love this...

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

darkfenrir

@Anti-Matter Yep, already saw that since the first time it got covered by Siliconera haha ^^ I can't wait for that one too, if it's not delayed, should be Jun 2018...

The latter half of this year will be full of so many games

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

@darkfenrir
Eh ?!
June 2018 ?
Btw, Re:Legend will be published by SquareEnix ?

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

darkfenrir

@Anti-Matter Well their kickstarter listed jun 2018... Then again, it can change, so not sure yet.

And I'm not sure about the publisher, sorry ( o-o)

darkfenrir

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic