Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,401 to 19,420 of 70,025

StuTwo

@gcunit Wow - how did you manage to go 20 years without playing Mario 64? That's like missing out on Star Wars.

Admittedly it's aged a lot and the camera that was awful in 1996 is atrocious in 2017 but the game was completely revolutionary in just about every single way when it was released in 1996. The movement is fun and fluid (unlike any 3d game before it) and the structure is very open to let you approach challenges in a lot of different ways. I don't think I'll ever see a single bigger leap in game design and technology.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

JaxonH

@Inertiacreep

There's no difference. You've got money to spend on unnecessary video games you can live without. Doesn't matter if it's $60 or $600 or $6000.

So perhaps before telling others how they're wasting their money and what they should be doing with what they worked hard for... take a look in the mirror.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

JaxonH wrote:

@Inertiacreep

There's no difference. You've got money to spend on unnecessary video games you can live without. Doesn't matter if it's $60 or $600 or $6000.

So perhaps before telling others how they're wasting their money and what they should be doing with what they worked hard for... take a look in the mirror.

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

antster1983

GrailUK wrote:

7 new NEOGEO games incoming! (God bless you Hamster!) Art of Fighting 3, Street Hoop, Fighter's Destiny, Soccer Brawl (YES!), World Heroes, Top Hunter Roddy and Cathy and ulp...at last...The Last Blade (WOOHOO!)

First out of the traps is Art of Fighting 3.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

gcunit

@StuTwo Don't worry, I definitely didn't miss out on Star Wars

I just never had the cash for games as a kid, plus I lived a fairly remote life in a village, so into my teens I had very little opportunity for interaction with consoles. Then I went to uni and a flatmate did have an N64, but they didn't have SM64 for it, so the game may as well not have existed. I probably saw moments of it on TV ads or something, but I think I was pretty oblivious to it.

My interest in consoles didn't really start until my lil bro got an Xbox, and never had my own until a fairly late Gamecube, by which SM64 was incompatible, and ancient history. More recently I've been meaning to get the DS version, but the polygons and fairly plain textures of the N64 have never held any nostalgia for me.

I can instantly see why people love it though. I can deal with the camera I think.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

StuTwo

@gcunit I'm not sure you'll be able to deal with the camera later on in the game - it's really terrible and the platforming gets harder.

To be honest it's at its strongest in the first few levels anyway. The later levels aren't quite as polished IMO. Still an astonishing accomplishment in 1996 though. It's easy to see looking back why so many wanted to clone it but no-one ever really came close to matching it on its own terms.

Still giddily waiting on my copy of Odyssey to arrive...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Octane

Mario 64 always felt a bit rushed. I mean, I have fond memories of levels like Bob-omb Battlefield and Dire Dire Docks. Tick Tock Clock on the other hand can go die in a hole

Octane

skywake

I skipped the N64 and when I went back into its catalogue on the Wii VC Super Mario 64 was the one game I struggled to get into. It's not like its a bad game but when you play it alongside more recent releases? It doesn't really hold up IMO. To put it another way, on my Wii when I was playing these N64 games? Ocarina of Time felt like a just as good but scaled down version of Twilight Princess. Super Mario 64 felt like a game from the mid 90s.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

zitpig

I loved Mario64 at the time and still do, but I always preferred Banjo Kazooie...

zitpig

Spoony_Tech

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Why is it crazy talk? Oh and welcome back.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Scrummer

@Spoony_Tech Probably because they want to sell 400K Switches in the next week JUST in France. If it were worldwide, it would be do-able.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Spoony_Tech

@Scrummer It's the next 10 weeks not one and Mario can do it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

400k in ten weeks, that's possible. They sold about 55k a week in September according to VGChartz. Average sales are around 40 or 50k during September and August; and 40 * 10 = 400k.

Octane

Scrummer

@Spoony_Tech I almost forgot Mario would boost sales a ton. I think it is doable now, honestly.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Grumblevolcano

The potential of Switch this holiday season is really down to console stock. Reggie's comments aren't exactly promising on that front.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@Octane Where did you see those figures? The 400,000 in the next 10 weeks is for just France. Some additional figures, the two best-selling Switch games in France so far are The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on 280,000 copies and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which has sold 260,000 copies.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

antster1983

Next week's releases according to the PAL eShop (all UK prices):

30/10/2017

• King Oddball (10tons, £3.99, 61.0 MB)

31/10/2017

• Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers (GameMill, £35.99, 159 MB - coming to retail on 14/11/2017, published by Maximum Games)
  • Monopoly for Nintendo Switch (Ubisoft, £29.99, 3.6 GB - also coming to retail)
  • Monster Jam: Crush It! (GameMill, £35.99, 1.1 GB - also coming to retail on 14/11/2017, published by Maximum Games)
  • Perception (Deep End Games, £12.99, 6.9 GB)

02/11/2017

• ACA NEOGEO Art of Fighting 3 (HAMSTER, £6.29, 146 MB)
  • Chess Ultra (Ripstone, £9.99, 2.1 GB)
  • Morphite (Blowfish Studios, £13.49, 586 MB)
  • The Sparkle 2 Evo (Forever Entertainment, £4.49, 248 MB)
  • Super Beat Sports (Harmonix, £13.49, 1.8 GB)
  • Wheels of Aurelia (MixedBag, £8.99, 406 MB)

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Inertiacreep

@JaxonH no dude what are you trying to prove, its a waste of money you buying something you already own... this is exactly like when Mary J Blige cd came out this year I already had a free copy coming for going to her concert in Dec but I bought every single, bought the album in the store plus bought the autographed copy online.... really wasted quite a bit of money but gave the copies away I didnt need and many people wouldnt understand why I bought all that but im not going to deny its a waste of money so grow up.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic