Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 10,281 to 10,300 of 70,057

Grandpa_Pixel

@Mellor2000 I have to agree. I am the sort of gamer who goes wherever the games I like to play are. And the PS4 has not scratched that itch. I have less than 8 games when my Wii U has more than 40. And on top of that, the Wii U convinced me to try more games. I had my JRPGs, my karting, my adventures. And now a shooter franchise I love.

The PS4 had more games, but the Wii U sold me the ones it had on offer

Grandpa_Pixel

BigBadJohn

@Octane I was using this as an example. I've read a few stories about PlayStation and Xbox exclusives not coming to Switch. Seems Nintendo are the whipping boy of the consoles.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

jump

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

And Nintendo owners don't?

Don't what? I don't understand what you're saying in the context of what I said.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FGPackers

Fantastic news the Cloud, finally! And, if you didn't know the latest, Koizumi confirmed Switch will support bluetooth headsets. So it seems the smartphone app will not be necessary to voice chat, maybe it will be just to make lobbies. And that's another AWESOME news!

@Octane how are your feelings now for voice chat?

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

Breath of the Wild is getting an expansion pass with the main new content coming in summer and winter 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@BiasedSonyFan "It seems to me as if some people always like to complain instead of recognize the fact that if a console does not provide the video games that they want to play, then they just look for the consoles that have those video games."

And that's largely what people will do. Move away even more than they are already. You can't advertise and hope to sell Nintendo systems on Nintendo games alone. Those days have gone. So either get the third party support or consider alternative methods of staying in the industry.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grandpa_Pixel

I am okay with this. Nintendo have done an outstanding job with DLC in the Wii U era. I have my full faith in Zelda getting DLC. And that price is justifiable given all the new resources, voice acting and other aspects that will go through it

Plus unlike most DLC, this will have that Nintendo spark to it

Grandpa_Pixel

FGPackers

Yeah if content is actually good, as it seems, i don't mind paying this extra

FGPackers

Luna_110

We know the game already went gold, so for the extra packs releasing in summer and holidays 2017 it makes sense to charge as DLC - I assume they'll be develop between now and June. The things releasing in March 3rd are a bit more dubious - they could have been developed now in February...

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

dtjive

I am on board for BotW DLC but...

Why announce it now before anybody has even had a chance to experience the game properly? I mean, surely Nintendo must be confident that people are gonna love the game and then surprise everyone with a nice E3 announcement about forthcoming additional content right? right? The only way I can make sense of this announcement is either:

1) BotW was rushed out the door and Nintendo know that the overworld is a bit on the barren side so are preparing to alleviate the negative comments with promises of future content for the game.
2) Saying this now may drive sales of Wii U BotW down, and more sales of the Switch because this is definitely going to be Switch exclusive content.

I really hope its the latter and not the former but I am now concerned that BotW isn't going to justify its size.

dtjive

Nin10dad

dtjive wrote:

2) Saying this now may drive sales of Wii U BotW down, and more sales of the Switch because this is definitely going to be Switch exclusive content.

I really hope its the latter and not the former but I am now concerned that BotW isn't going to justify its size.

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed for Switch and Wii U

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Nin10dad

Luna_110 wrote:

The things releasing in March 3rd are a bit more dubious - they could have been developed now in February...

I agree completely.
Link wearing a 'Switch' branded t-shirt?!?! Come on Nintendo, way to break the immersion.

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

dtjive

G0dlike wrote:

dtjive wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed for Switch and Wii U

Well then, I am 100% sure that this means that BotW was rushed out the door and that reviews are going to note that the overworld is too barren to justify its size. I mean a lot of the stuff in the day one and first DLC pack sound like they should have just been part of the game for crying out loud. That being said pack two (depending on how big the additional story is) sounds like it'll justify the price in of itself.

dtjive

Octane

@BiasedSonyFan Why did you tag me?

@FGPackers Matchmaking can be done through the console, that was leaked yesterday I think. If that's true, then great. That's the way they should've done it anyway. Still don't understand why they didn't mention it at all.

Octane

skywake

dtjive wrote:

The only way I can make sense of this announcement is either:

1) BotW was rushed out the door and Nintendo know that the overworld is a bit on the barren side so are preparing to alleviate the negative comments with promises of future content for the game.

1. They've done the same thing with previous Zelda games. The difference is on previous consoles they had to be packaged as entirely new games. Majora's Mask, Link's Crossbow Training, Spirit Tracks, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Four Swords, Triforce Heroes. Those could have all been DLC. Whether this is more Majora's Mask or Link's Crossbow Training it's hard to tell. It'll probably be somewhere between the two.

2. This isn't exclusive to the Switch. If it was an entirely new release as they've done previously with Zelda? It probably would have been. If anything doing it this way means they're giving more content to the Wii U and encouraging people to hold off buying into their new platform.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TuVictus

I dunno if you could honestly call something as complex as Majora's mask or spirit tracks as DLC.

Those were two complete games. Even triforce heroes deserves more than that. You cannot honestly consider them to be small enough that they would be DLC if made in today's gaming landscape.

TuVictus

skywake

@Operative2-0
Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks had no option but to be significant releases. The only way Nintendo could distribute content was as a full retail release. If DLC was an option on those platforms maybe they would have done them differently.

I don't see why DLC and direct sequels/spin-offs built on the same engine should be treated so differently. Just because it's a new way to sell the content doesn't automatically make it bad.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TuVictus

I highly doubt they would have treated those games as DLC one way or another. They had complete stories with a significant amount of dungeons and side missions. If they were done today, they would still be standalone titles.

I mean look at this DLC, as far as gameplay goes we're getting one cave of trials and one dungeon. Not to imply that's insignificant, but that is not a full game's worth of content as those games you listed have. Aside from crossbow training, I agree with that one.

TuVictus

FGPackers

Octane wrote:

That's the way they should've done it anyway. Still don't understand why they didn't mention it at all.

Totally agree here. And maybe that's why i was not so much disappointed on the "just through app" talk of days ago. Maybe inside myself i knew something like the yesterday leak was coming, just didn't realize until it came out!

FGPackers

Azooooz

French outlet Melty recently had the chance to interview Yoshiaki Koizumi and Shinya Takahashi, who provided them with quite a few new details on the Switch.

First of all, while we already knew for a while that the Switch uses Bluetooth in some way, Koizumi now confirmed that the Switch is compatible with Bluetooth headsets – and that’s not all, as they (and regular wired headsets) can be used even when the Switch is in docked mode.

Speaking of, the dock will be the only way for the Switch to output video. It won’t be possible to, for example, hook up an HDMI adapter to the Switch’s USB-C port.

Finally, Melty asked Koizumi about possible GameCube Virtual Console games on the Switch. While Koizumi sort of dodged the question, stating that he didn’t really have anything to announce at the time, he did say that they were “working on some things along those lines”. When Melty followed up by asking about the possibility of creating Joy-Con controllers with special functions, for example ones with analogue triggers specifically for GameCube Virtual Console games, Koizumi said that, while nothing is planned at the moment, the Switch is designed in such a way that accessories like special JoyCon controllers could be connected to it. Shinya Takahashi chimed in at that point, stating that, while Joy-Con controllers with analogue triggers would probably be pretty bulky and not pleasing to look at, they would make sure to include them, should they ever make special Joy-Con controllers like that.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/koizumi-switch-supports-bluetoo...

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic