Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 10,241 to 10,260 of 70,082

Eric258

Oh, Cool. I may have to buy Raymond Legends. Never had a Wii U and I've never played a Raymond game. How do they play? More on plaforming challenges or collectibles, etc? And most importantly, is it fun!?

Edited on by Eric258

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

FGPackers

@Eric258 It is REALLY A LOT OF FUN, especially in coop(oh the music levels!) It's more (if not only) about platforming challenges

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

FragRed

I had Rayman Legends on the PS Vita but that had serious co-op lag for some reason.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Eric258

@FGPackers Okay, I'll definitely consider it. Didn't know it had co-op so that's makes it much more appealing. Thank you!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Grumblevolcano

It's only a few weeks before Switch launch so of course it's time for more leaks. I'm not going to post stuff but it seems lots about the console has just been leaked.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It's only a few weeks before Switch launch so of course it's time for more leaks. I'm not going to post stuff but it seems lots about the console has just been leaked.

Yeah, just to specify it's about the hardware

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

jump

Octane wrote:

Grumblevolcano Just post a link instead, because I have no idea what you are talking about.

It's just Reddit rubbish. It's not even about the Switch, it's about the NX prototype.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Nin10dad

Does anybody else think we absolutely need info on all aspects of the Switch THIS week?
So I'm talking OS, GUI, online capabilities and pricing, VC, digital purchase transfers.
I'm honestly flabbergasted that they've left it so late to show any of this off, and tbh I'm genuinely a little bit worried that the reason they haven't is because what they show will be severely underwhelming.
Please prove me wrong Nintendo, blow me away with a shed ton of enlightening information.....

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

TuVictus

I'm still not expecting any sort of presentation before launch. I think they've told us all that they want to tell us, and any new bits and pieces of info we get will be through random interviews.

TuVictus

Octane

@G0dlike Seeing how the Switch is pretty much sold out everywhere, maybe they thought they don't need to show more to begin with. In a way, it doesn't even matter if there's no VC at launch for example, people were apparently perfectly fine with pre-ordering the system without knowing whether it was going to be there at launch.

Octane

otterskateboard

@Maxz Hey Maxz ! Yeah bizarre right !, Saw the username Maxz and as soon as I read the post I knew it was you

Yes! got my switch preordered with a copy of Zelda as soon as I could. I'm a sucker for any Nintendo console launch but this one feels especially exciting. It's got a high stakes, plucky underdog fighting back kind of feel to it.
Not to mention those classic Nintendo lifestyle adverts in which a bunch of 20 something year old art students immaculately dressed in Urban Outfitters have magic middle of the night basketball parties and occasionally play videogames.
Love it!

Ahh, I'm so jealous you got to try it , especially Splatoon 2! An 8-0 KD?! Were your opponents lost pensioners? ...
It's great to hear the console feels as slick and well made as it looks in photos. My one issue is the lack of a d-pad although I totally understand why it isn't there. It kind of makes the pro controller an essential purchase which was never the case with the Wii-U but I'll get over it

It's interesting you didn't get on with ARMS, its had a somewhat mixed reaction but I really like the look of it although I of course haven't tried it yet. Might be worth having another go sometime, I'm sure it won't do you any 'arm.... Waheyyyyy

jump

Octane wrote:

@G0dlike Seeing how the Switch is pretty much sold out everywhere, maybe they thought they don't need to show more to begin with. In a way, it doesn't even matter if there's no VC at launch for example, people were apparently perfectly fine with pre-ordering the system without knowing whether it was going to be there at launch.

Food for thought, the 3ds was/is Nintendo's most pre-ordered console yet it still had a slow start which needed a hard price cut and big titles to turn it around.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@jump I came across the leak, and it's not old rubbish lol, it's about the retail Switch, but they also listed some dev kit specs. Yes, apparently the image files are old, but that makes them even more believable (how else could they have predicted all of this?). It's pretty interesting, though I agree that the final number may change, but several devs have already stepped in and confirmed this. However it isn't specified whether they confirmed everything, or just part of the leak. Regardless;

The dev kits are pretty bulky. It also confirms the Ethernet port from the Foxconn leak. It's missing from the retail unit though. Two versions of dev kits confirmd, SDEV are the bulky Switch units with the ports and the EDEV are the black retail-like Switch units we've seen in some pictures already. In case anyone's doubting its validity, images of dev kits in action have confirmed some of the menus that were leaked by this leak.

Some interesting tidbits;

• Confirms the Maxwell-based architecture for their SoC based on the Tegra X1.
  • Apparently developers can make use of a web applet, despite the lack of browser at launch (also means you can connect to Wi-Fi without using a browser).
  • Developers are able to create season passes for Switch games (not sure if this was possible on the Wii U).
  • Game cards come in 1GB, up to 32GB (expected 64, but 32 should be able to run most games, could be a bottleneck for some games though).
  • You can register up to eight users on a Switch.
  • Friend requests and game invites possible through the Switch itself (you don't need the app for this).
  • Matchmaking features allows you to create communities for future use.
  • Cloud saving is confirmed as well, although it's called Data Store.

Octane

IceClimbers

@Octane Other info:

-It is possible to log in on more than one Switch.
-eShop funds carry over

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

Neato for the cloud saving.
Season passes arent anything new, I think I remember reading about a kerfuffle when season passes for I think batman on wii u were refunded since the DLC was cancelled for the console. But maybe I'm misremembering

TuVictus

KirbyTheVampire

Hallelujah about the friend requests and game invites being done through the Switch itself as well as the app.

KirbyTheVampire

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic