Forums

Topic: Top 10 digital-only games that need a physical release. (2022 Edition)

Posts 21 to 35 of 35

MarioBrickLayer

RainbowGazelle wrote:

£36!! Jeez, that's expensive! I love the game, but that's steep.

Yeah, Super Rare Games releases were £29.99 when they first started, recently they have been £34.80. A Short Hike is their first £36 game, I'm assuming that's the new price for their standard releases...

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

Magician wrote:

Overboard!
Unpacking
Cuphead
What Remains of Edith Finch
Fez
A Short Hike
Into the Breach
Bastion
Inside
Tetris Effect: Connected

As we head into November much of the games I listed in the OP have had physical releases.

How about we condense and update the list in preparation for a new thread in 2023?

Looking at aggregate online scores and the list we get is...

What Remains of Edith Finch
Fez
Bastion
Inside
Freshly Frosted
The Stanley Parable
Neon White
Spelunky
Retro Bowl
Everhood

Switch Physical Collection - 1,257 games (as of June 4th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician I would want most of the games on your list, plus:-

Splatter Zombiecalypse Now
Blast Brigade vs. the Evil Legion of Dr. Cread
islanders: Console Edition
Tunic
Cursed To Golf
Nobody Saves The World
Pumpkin Jack
From Space (released 3rd November)

MarioBrickLayer

Haywired

I'm happy because my three favourite once-digital-only games (Azure Striker Gunvolt, Mighty Switch Force and Steamworld Heist) all now have physical versions on the Switch and sit proudly in my collection.

Looking at my eShop games, I can't think of any others where I'd kill for a physical version. I suppose if I had to pick one, maybe a fairly obscure one from the Switch's early days called The Next Penelope; a neat action/racer with a cool look and a cool futuristic Greek mythology vibe. But if no limited run publishers have picked it up by now then it would seem highly unlikely at this point.

Though also, I'm still super-annoyed that the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney trilogy was digital-only in the West (though at least Ace Attorney Chronicles got a Western physical release, so that's something).

Haywired

Mongunzoo

1.Alien: Isolation
2.Sonic Origins
3.Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
4.Resident Evil REMake
5.Devil May Cry 3 Definitive Edition

"The Last Cool Kid on the Internet."

Twitter:

CJD87

@Mongunzoo REMake is a good shout, i think this would also sell well due to ongoing/growing love for the series in general

CJD87

Jhena

For now I am only waiting for the Shin Chan game. As far as I know a physical release for the west is planned.

Edit: No actually Kirby's Dream Buffet would be great too.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

MarioBrickLayer

@Mongunzoo I would love a physical copy of Alien: Isolation, I completed it recently and it is now one of my favourite games on the Switch! A few people have pointed out that due to the developers/publishers involved and the size of the game on the cartridge, a physical release is highly unlikely unfortunately...

MarioBrickLayer

Mongunzoo

@MarioBrickLayer Unfortunate. Still doesn't stop me from wishing for one. But yeah, SEGA is the company that waited almost 5 years to port Persona 5 (AN RPG!!!) for no apparent reason other than SEGA/Atlus Weirdness. So I am not surprised.

Twitter:

Mongunzoo

@CJD87 Yeah. We need something more than the Origins "Double Pack" where they decided to put Zero instead of REMake on the disc. Nothing against Zero, but that was the wrong game to include guys.

Twitter:

Magician

Mongunzoo wrote:

1.Alien: Isolation
2.Sonic Origins
3.Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
4.Resident Evil REMake
5.Devil May Cry 3 Definitive Edition

Some good choices there. Unfortunately, Square-Enix, CDPR, and Bandai Namco have been the only publishers to use 32GB cartridges. Since the file size for Alien: Isolation, Hellblade, and REmake are larger than 16GB they'll most likely never be released physically. Although I hope LRG reach out to MS and make physical copies of Hellblade happen. I'd pay $50 for a copy in a heartbeat.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,257 games (as of June 4th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Mongunzoo

@Magician Here's Hoping. Also, just saw the topic was top 10, so here's some more!
6.Katana Zero
7.Bulletstorm
8.Sonic Origins
9.Steel Assault
10.Cyber Shadow

Twitter:

MarioBrickLayer

@Mongunzoo I know what you mean! I'd love an Alien Isolation Steelbook release from Limited Run Games (like Doom Eternal) or Super Rare Games (like Fast RMX) - it would be a day one purchase for me!!

MarioBrickLayer

EllaTheQueen6

Ok, not 2022, but we need Ace Attorny for the 3ds on physical copy. I'm too poor to afford it right now, but the eshop is gonna die in, like, a month.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
President of the Chit-Chat thread, as Eagly has unfortunately deleted his account :(

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic