Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,210

darkfenrir

@Voldemort807 If you enjoy Metroidvania, it's a must have!

Exploration, great combat, atmosphere... One of the best game I enjoyed. (I haven't finish it, and I think I'm waiting for the last free DLC to come by to actually swim into it, but I tried for a while and it really gives off the nice vibe immediately)

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Voldemort807 Have fun!

It has great (and hard) combat too so you're in for a treat haha xD

darkfenrir

Swordsman83

any recommendations of jrpg ? besides the upcoming octopath and the already released xenoblade chronicles 2 and disegea 5

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

darkfenrir

@Swordsman83
Already released game I can think is Battle Chaser: Nightwars? Or maybe you might want to try West of Loathing although it's more normal RPG (and really funny)

Ys8 coming at 26 June (US) / 29 June (EU)

Shining Resonance Refrain at 10 July (a demo at eshop)

The World Ends With You this Fall

Tales of Vesperia this Winter.

darkfenrir

toiletduck

@Midgar777 If you're even slightly experienced with 2D platformers I'd definitely go with DK: TF. I bought both but I'm gonna sell Kirby. I mainly dislike the pace. I guess Kirby is the better option if you plan on playing with kids a lot.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

jump

Swordsman83 wrote:

any recommendations of jrpg ? besides the upcoming octopath and the already released xenoblade chronicles 2 and disegea 5

You can try Lost Sphear, I Am Setsuna, Atelier Lydie & Suelle, Nights of Azure or Fantasy Hero.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Midgar777

@WebHead

I honestly wouldn’t bother mate. I bought the full game for about £25 and it’s really dull:( I’m probably missing the point of it and the way it controls etc but it’s just not for me. If you liked the demo I guess you might like the full release?

Midgar777

acavier

If you own an SNES Classic, it would be great to be able to plug in a code on the Switch and be able to play all the classic's games right on the Switch! Portable Super Metroid would be awesome!

acavier

TooBarFoo

+1 for Hollow knight, Its a classic metroid / bloodbourne cross that plays out life size in handheld mode. 10/10 for me

TooBarFoo

EvilLucario

Yeah, I'll second (third?) the recommendation for Hollow Knight. It's such a fantastic Metroidvania that combines elements of Zelda and Dark Souls into the classic Metroid-like gameplay, while combat is like a slightly different version of Castlevania. Such a fantastic game.

And of course since it's me, get Xenoblade 2 if you like RPGs or just a huge meaty adventure to sink your teeth into. My favorite game on the Switch right now and I don't see that getting dethroned any time soon, even with Smash Ultimate coming out.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

acavier

I have enjoyed Mario vs Rabbids. Not sure if I will get Mario Tennis. I am more of an RPG fan than a sports fan.

acavier

Dogorilla

@scubydo Mario + Rabbids is a great game so it would make sense to get it while it's on sale. (Mario Tennis looks great too though!)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Xyphon22

I bought a $50 eShop card today to take advantage of the E3 sale. I got Overcooked to play with my wife and Fe. I unfortunately decided to look through the whole list of games on sale and found about 50 that I want. I will probably limit myself to 1 more since I already have a lot I haven't played yet, and am hoping to get some help. The ones at the top of my list are probably Night in the Woods, Blossom Tales, The Sexy Brutale, Gorogoa, TumbleSeed, and Sally's Law. I know people will probably just recommend NitW, but it is also the most expensive. Sexy Brutale is on the best deal (50% off) and I think it looks like a lot of fun. I have wanted TumbleSeed forever and I think this is the first time it has been on sale. It's a tough choice. Any suggestions?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Tiefseemiez

@Xyphon22
Of the ones you mentioned I only played Night in the Woods and would absolutely recommend that. It is a magical journey with great characters that almost become like friends.
I heard good things about Blossom Tales and Gorogoa.
I heard The Sexy Brutale is rather buggy (I looked into buying it aswell, but someone warned me, so I didn't). I don't know to what degree though.
I hardly ever heard people really liking TumbleSeed and Sally's Law, though they seem alright.
Since I just played and finished Yoku's Island Express I would recommend that aswell being kiiiiind of in the same veign as TumbleSeed.
I can recommend The Bridge, Banner Saga 1/2, Owlboy and Battle Chef Brigade aswell, if those interest you at all.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Xyphon22

@Tiefseemiez Thanks for your input. I definitely want all those games you mentioned, but I already have such a backlog that I only buy new games when they are on sale. I know Night in the Woods is supposed to be the best of the ones I'm looking at, but I also already have some games in a similar genre. I really like the uniqueness of Gorogoa, TumbleSeed, and Sexy Brutale. I don't think I can really lose whatever I choose.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

splatmax

@scubydo Depends if you prefer RPG or Sports games. IMO go for Mario Tennis!

splatmax

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic