Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 2,210

SKTTR

Toki Tori 2+ allows for an extremely original way in which to use the brain.
All the puzzles feel (and look) very organical. The world-, object-, and character-design is just amazing in how they can be set up for fresh puzzles. I liked that most of the collectibles that seem out of reach or hidden were optional harder puzzles. I loved that you get a great reward for 100%ing this game. It is worth completing it and for me it was tons of fun exploring every nook and finding every secret.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Joeynator3000

So, I forgot about Golf Story...and I highly doubt Nintendo will go back to the RPG/story thing with their Mario sports games. Obviously Golf Story won't have Nintendo characters or stuff like that, but how is it otherwise?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SVTornado

@Joeynator3000 Mario Tennis Aces has the first Mario tennis story mode since the gba though.

SVTornado

Joeynator3000

...It's just a NSMB style mode...Mario Tennis on the Gameboys had an actual story.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SuperJoon

Need some advice peeps... looking to get a capture card for my Switch. Nothing too fancy, just something that’s around £100 or under. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated ☺️

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

toiletduck

Is this also the place to ask for hardware recommendations?

Since the whole SFANS thing ended up being a scam, I'm still in the market for a more portable version of the Switch dock.

Before anyone starts ranting:
1) I would like to have an extra dock, because my 'primary' dock is tucked away in my cabinet and I like to bring my Switch for docked play at work, friends or family regularly without having to unplug everything
2) I don't really like the original dock for this purpose, because I'd like a smaller, more portable version to carry around
3) I don't really want to customize anything myself, because I'm not really handy and I'm afraid I'll do something wrong and ruin my Switch

Thanks for any tips!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Scrummer

Which is better, Poly bridge, or Bridge Constructor Portal? I was planning on getting one of these two games, but I'm not sure which. Also, I'm a huge Portal fan, so chances are BCP would appeal to me more in the visual and audio department, but I want to know which is better gameplay-wise. Thanks!

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

darkfenrir

@Scrummer I watched a few episodes of BCP from my favorite streamer, and I remember him saying that he enjoyed BCP more than Poly Bridge although Poly Bridge is still good.

It's just if I remember his words...

Poly Bridge is using the limited funds to do the best you can do

While BCP is more 'puzzle-y' because unlimited funds. (I think)

darkfenrir

Scrummer

@darkfenrir Well, I guess I'll get BCP now. Thanks!

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

DenDen

BCP for me !

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

javman05

I loved takes of abyss on 3ds and was looking for a story driven RPG on switch. I've skyrim however are there any others you'd recommend

Mario/Kart/Fifa player amongst others

Add away SW-0735-9217-1217

toiletduck

I've picked up the 30-in-1 collection for some couch action with friends. So far it hasn't disappointed! Mainly bought it for airhockey and balloon battle. Both are a lot of fun. I've only played with two players yet and I haven't put much time in any of the other minigames. Just my 2cts!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Krull

@javman05 Story-driven RPG, and you already have Skyrim? There's really just the one obvious choice right now, but at least it's a really good one: Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It's as JRPG as they come - and in the best possible way.

Other than that, it's really just the Tokyo RPG Factory games (or Kemco if you're desperate), but there's plenty more to come: Ys VIII, Atelier, Octopath Traveller, Pillars of the Earth II, Shin Megami Tensei V (eventually).

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

darkfenrir

@javman05 For future game, there's even Shining Resonance Refrain to pick up too, since Krull already said the other games I want to recommend

It'll be out around Summer last Sega talked about it.

darkfenrir

SKTTR

There's nothing desparate about Kemco's JRPGs. They have the style, gameplay, and content (30-40 hours for one playthrough) of the old classics and they're underpriced for what they're worth. Some of them could use better graphics, sure, but I enjoy the characters, gameplay and story which is far more important..I enjoy them more than what I played from the RPG Factory games (and even Skyrim). Most of the Exe-Create games are nice throwbacks to simpler SNES-style games. They're not 10/10 classics like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy, they're more like a good 8/10 RPG of that era.
While others dig all the new oldschool shmups, I dig all the new oldschool JRPGS, and especially those made by Kemco.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Krull

So, with Hyrule Warriors on the way, what is the best musou game on Switch? I'll just add that I have zero history with Fire Emblem, unlike Zelda or One Piece, say, so the characters and fan service would mean nothing to me. Can I get comparisons with and without fan service, please?

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

miiandmario

I have a $20 eshop card waiting to be spent. I'm thinking of getting either Stardew Valley or A Night in The Woods. Can anyone who has played either offer their opinion/suggestion?

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Tiefseemiez

@miiandmario
Both are great games. Both are pretty laid back.

Stardew Valley needs a LONG time to finish and is a good game to put down and come back to, probably. Though in the beginning it is immensely addicting. It really has a lot to offer gameplaywise. You can totally ignore half of the activities and still be happily occupied for a long time. Me and my boyfriend played simultaneausly and differed a lot on what we did and tried to achieve.
The artstyle was not really to my taste, but it is rather charming for what it is.

Night in the Woods is also a game that I absolutely loved and that made quite an impression on me. There really is not that much gameplay, except for a couple of minigames. It's all about exploration and storytelling. And I think that this game has the best writing I ever saw in a video game (and one of the best of any medium, probably). I don't know how happy I am with how the story finale is solved, but the characters are all very relatable and I think most people can identify with a lot of their issues, thoughts and humor. It is a game that made me smile a lot, but also touches a lot of difficult and important topics (most regarding mental health). I loved the art style and the music, by the way!

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Ryzaerian

Nine Parchments is 30% off right now. Really fun game if you like online co-op.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic