Forums

Topic: The Multiplayer Match Organisation Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 978

silentium

@Maxz Hi Maxz, I have just sent you a friends request. Let me know if you want to play - I am home now.

silentium

Maxz

@silentium Hello! I'll go and add you now. Sorry to leave the message so late. If you're around for a couple of games I'd be up for it, but I'm a bit pressed for time this evening so I'd like to give League proper go at some point in the next few days if possible. There's a fair bit of time until the 30th, so hopefully we can get some practice in. : )

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

silentium

@Maxz yeah, I would be up for it. Is there a way of playing together in the same team outside of league?

silentium

Maxz

@silentium It's a good question, I'm not sure if you can against random people. Hopefully we'll learn a little more about the multiplayer aspects as we play. Anyway, I've set up a room if you're free!

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

silentium

@Maxz Can't see your room. Under which Mode are you?

Update: found it!

Edited on by silentium

silentium

Maxz

@silentium Hooray! Sorry I couldn't stick around for longer, but thanks for turning up. 1840! I'm not actually sure what they means in real terms, but it felt like we did alright. There were a couple of close losses, and one game where a teammate DCed, so hopefully we can beat it in the future.

Anyway, thanks again, and let's play again soon!

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

silentium

@Maxz Yeah, it was good fun! But I have to say you play a lot better than me. I still struggle a bit with the long range weapons... having trouble to escape. Any advice is welcome. I will train more. Let me know when you are free and see me online and we can have another session soon.

silentium

Maxz

@silentium Looking at the scores afterwards, I think we were actually pretty close! I mean, you obviously can't tell the whole story of the match just by the numbers at the end, but things felt good too (team-wise), so I was really glad about that. It was a lot of fun!

I think the most important thing I've discovered with ranged weapons is probably the least epic sounding, which is knowing what battles you can't win, and reacting accordingly. I spend a lot of the first game trying to win fire fights at close range against Splattershots and N-Zaps, and invariably losing. If the short range weapons weren't better in those situations then they wouldn't be better in any situations and no one would bother using them. So keeping your enemy at a distance is ideal, and when you can't do that, simply fleeing to a safe place at least gives you some time and space to collect yourself rather than exploding into a puddle of enemy ink. Given that you're probably fleeing from someone with a shorter ranged weapon than you, fleeing should be easier than if you were stuck right into the action with a short ranged weapon yourself. Fleeing is obviously also made easier by leaving yourself some path behind you and being very aware of it. But the main thing is knowing what distance is your sweet spot and trying to keep your enemy within it.

With regards to actually hitting things, some of it is down to good old practice and accuracy, but another important element that I think is easier to overlook is 'preemptive aiming'; that is, shooting where you think an enemy is going as opposed to where they are. Obviously, actually hitting them is ideal, but of two missed shots, one that lands behind them will be pretty inconsequential, while one that lands in front of them will block their path and leave them floundering around in your ink, making them a much easier target.

Another slightly counterintuitive thing that is occasionally helpful with regards to aiming is that sometimes it's okay to shoot without moving. Obviously, this can be a bit risky as you generally want to stay moving in some form at all times to keep yourself from being a sitting target (especially if there are snipers around), but in some situations you'll be sufficiently far away from danger that you can simply stop moving in order to make aiming easier. This is probably the least important of the three tips though, and I only put it into practice sometimes.

Anyway, they're a few things I've discovered in my time with the S'pro, so maybe they'll help. There's nothing wrong with liking a specific weapon type though.

Anyway yeah, hopefully we can play again soon. 1840.9 to beat!

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

silentium

@Maxz Thanks for the detailed answer. Those are great tips - I will definitely work on them for our next session. Splatoon really is a great game and it's worth investing some time here. I hope the new map which comes tomorrow will be good fun.

silentium

silentium

@Maxz If you want to play today, let me know.

silentium

Maxz

@silentium Hi man, I'd love to. Were you thinking midday or later on? I think I can do either.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

silentium

@Maxz I am available, so tell me a time and I will be there

silentium

Maxz

@silentium I'll just grab something to eat, and then should ready afterwards! So maybe in about 15-20mins. : )

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

silentium

@Maxz sounds good, let me know when you're ready

silentium

Maxz

@silentium Sorry! Ready now. Will open a room. : )

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Maxz

@silentium Urgh, that that a pretty brutal loss. Neither of our teammates made a single splat so I blame them.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Maxz

@silentium Oh man, sorry. I made some really silly plays on that match which I think cost us the game.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic