Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 7,181 to 7,200 of 15,210

erv

The music and flow of the introduction trailer convinced me: I shall now call the master sword Monado.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Eel

Haru17 wrote:

How do you think the horse will affect the narrative?

In the end, every horse you tamed and left to rot will come back to haunt you.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

So based on what we know, the degrading weapon mechanic in this game is probably my least favorite part of it so far. I've never been a fan of these types of mechanics, such as the ones in the older Fire Emblem game.

I much more prefer the weapon systems in games like Dark Souls.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

EOTW

@-Red- I think it works so long as the weapons are largely interchangeable. It seems like in the demo combat revolves around swinging with whatever you've got in your hand. Weapons break quickly, and there are always more lying around. It would only become a problem if you found a particularly bad*** weapon that you didn't want to waste and was super rare. Then it would just take up a slot in your inventory forever, or worse it would go in the "too good to use" inventory box that will inevitably exist.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

-Green-

@EOTW From a gameplay perspective, there's nothing really wrong with it, at least as far as I can tell. I've just never been a fan of these types of systems overall.

Edited on by -Green-

-Green-

@Tsurii I'm hoping for something like that as well. Like taking weapons that you receive and possibly upgrading/repairing them at the blacksmith by using materials that you find and/or rupees. Making them stronger and more durable, and making it so they don't just disappear if they break. I think that would have a lot of potential, and be a lot of fun to mess around with.

EOTW

@-Red- I'm almost certain that will be the case. When people played the demo they got weapons from chests and the like that would occasionally have special attributes, like increased durability. I bet that you can choose attributes like that to add to weapons with parts and rupees at a blacksmith.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

-Green-

@EOTW Well, I hope that's the case.

Haru17

EOTW wrote:

I'm almost certain that will be the case.

Yeah, I don't remember a game that had weapon durability and not a repair system.

But seriously, the horse is now Yoshi. You can leap off and desert it, so I'm also sure there'll be some sort of horse morality meter in place. If you turn too many horses to glue, well, I can only spoil one word's worth:

Stampede.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

"How will your horse's karma stampede reach you if you drown it while in the river?"

Edited on by Haru17

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

They will form their own advanced race of Link-hating horses and become one of the most advanced races the Zelda universe has ever seen.

Their leader? Horsehead.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Trinexx wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

They will form their own advanced race of Link-hating horses and become one of the most advanced races the Zelda universe has ever seen.

Their leader? Horsehead.

See I told you!

BotW=Zelda 2 HD.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

Haru17 wrote:

The horse is actually a dream sent seven years in the future to bring Hyrule back from the depths. It's also secretly the reincarnation of a Goddess and hid as a shopkeeper in order to wake up Princess Zelda.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

There's always a first time for drawing noses.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Wow, I never noticed that Skyward Sword started you with 6 hearts. New levels of bad.

Regardless of specifics, Breath is such a massive uptick for the franchise.

ZeldAlice

Even though this title is slightly growing for me in interest, I still have mixed feelings. Even though I love the Bokoblin design of this game. And also about the rusted Master Sword, I wonder what that'll be. Also, where is the pic of the rusted Master Sword?
I also hope both story and Music will be good in this game, and of course, I really hope Princess Zelda is in it.

ZeldAlice

Dezzy

ZeldAlice wrote:

I really hope Princess Zelda is in it.

I think you're probably safe! She has been in every console Zelda except Majora's Mask.

Besides, there should be some kind of legal requirement that a game's name has some connection with its content.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ZeldAlice

Dezzy wrote:

ZeldAlice wrote:

I really hope Princess Zelda is in it.

I think you're probably safe! She has been in every console Zelda except Majora's Mask.

Besides, there should be some kind of legal requirement that a game's name has some connection with its content.

I really hope you're right. Also, a part of me wishes that the voice who's guiding Link in BotW is indeed Zelda.

ZeldAlice

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic