Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,121 to 14,140 of 15,210

-Green-

The DLC boss and Divine Beast are probably the best in the game in all honesty.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

carlos82

@-Green- I hope so, that's the only thing keeping me going through repeating tasks I've already done. The bosses in the base game were all pretty poor so I'm looking forward to this one

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

-Green-

Yeah they were tad too repetitious and easy to be really good bosses. Liked them a fair bit but didn't quite hit the mark on what I would like from a real boss battle. Although I will say, I do prefer this style over the type of bosses commonly done in other Zelda games, where they're almost entirely just puzzles that are solved instantly by the Dungeon's item.

Albeit, the fact that the bosses are susceptible to the Champion Powers and Slates make them a cake walk. This game did really poorly with its balance.

Edited on by -Green-

meleebrawler

@-Green- We're playing as a guy who, in his prime and with nothing but an unupgraded Champion's Tunic and unpowered Master Sword, took out two or more Lynels and a whole swarm of Bokoblins all at once, and was only mildly injured after the fact. Not to mention the untold amount of Guardians he likely put out of commission before ultimately succumbing to his injuries... really, stamina seems to be Link's only limitation. Is it any surprise that when he returns to what he was and then some with all his new powers and gear, he can take on pretty much anything while barely breaking a sweat?

I too would have liked to see what happens after the end, but in hindsight it probably would not make for engaging gameplay since it probably just entails walking from kingdom to kingdom and talking with people there, with the only threat remaining being the occasional monster or Yiga attack.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

carlos82

@-Green- I'll admit I'm the opposite, I really enjoyed the boss battles in past Zelda games. Yes the dungeon item gave away how to beat them but that at least gave us around 10 unique boss battles rather than shoot its eye 3 times and beat it to death with a sword. Weirdly I thought the Yiga boss showed the potential for bosses with these mechanics but it never really happened.

Ultimately I think they still need to marry this gameplay with some of the classic Zelda formula. I think the game is great but it's not even close to being the best Zelda game for me. Majoras Mask showed how they could mix up the formula whilst retaining the essence of what makes these games unique

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

-Green-

@meleebrawler It may make sense story wise, but the boss battles are still lacking regardless. Realistically speaking, these guys are supposed to be parts of Ganon, it doesn't show well when they themselves go down so easily.

@carlos82 They could have done better with the bosses tbh. While they had unique aspects, they were pretty one note and after you solved their trick they were basically done. One could also could just bash them into submission with little repercussion a lot of the time.

I think games in the SoulsBorne series do these types of bosses generally well (not all are good) and implement interesting settings and battles. Albeit those games are more combat focused and demanding.

Edit: Personally, I'd prefer if the dungeon itself mainly tested your knowledge and understanding of the dungeon/game's mechanics while the bosses focused more on one's combat ability.

Edited on by -Green-

kyleforrester87

Hyped to start playing this game at Christmas. Want to try and get the bulk of Xenoblade wrapped up first...

kyleforrester87

SKTTR

There are 8 new enemy entries in the photo album of the Shiekah-Stone tablet, and even though most of them are recolored, they still count as 8 new enemies in the photo album. You don't need to explain to me that 5 of them are gold variants, one is reskinned, one is just bigger, and only 1 is really new.

Same for the items. You don't need to explain their newness to me.
There are 24 new items in the "IMPORTANT" tab of Link's inventory. At least that's what's it called in the German version: "Wichtiges". And so I called them important items. What is the inventory tab called in UK/US version of the game?

To make it clear: All of the stuff listed is called "new", because it is not available in the "old" base game.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

carlos82

@SKTTR yes from a marketing perspective you are correct with what is new and I wasn't trying to say you were wrong and if it come across that way I apologise. What my point is that from a players perspective that there is no way that anyone can say we have 24 new items and 8 new enemies because it simply isn't true.

All I'm saying is that there has been very little new content across the season pass padded out with a lot of recycled content and I find it very disappointing. Check out the Horizon Zero Dawn season pass for comparison and it's much cheaper. If you're happy with it then great, it's still Zelda and still fun to play but I suspect the vast majority I'm here were either expecting something more or could come up with a much better idea.

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

@Dezzy Fortunately I found that same place whilst playing last night, but I think there's probably plenty of people out there who would appreciate spoiler tags around mentions of things as cool as that.

Except in the normal scheme of things, I bet most people will never even know it exists. Not sure if that counts as a spoiler. Especially given that I didn't say how you find it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

bezerker99

I finally got tired of playing Breath of the Wild on my Wii U and went and got the Explorer's Edition over the weekend. Playing this on Switch is now my 3rd playthrough of the game lol.

And yep, I bought the DLC for both Wii U and Switch versions. I know that's crazy but IDC. I would rather spend my money on something I know I will play and enjoy rather than buying the latest, newest game that hits store shelves.

The little booklet that comes with this edition is pretty sweet! Untitled

TuVictus

Finished the DLC. The only interesting parts were the dungeon and boss. Ironically the boss is way more epic and fun to beat than any other in the game.

Also, didn't they say this DLC would have a playable character since before launch? What happened to that?

TuVictus

Bart_T

So, after I haven't played BotW in a few months, I'm definitely feeling the itch to get back in there. How long into the DLC does it take to get the bike, though?

Also now to decide whether to start anew or take my 80-hour savegame into the new DLC... descisions, descisions.

Bart_T

carlos82

@Bart_T you don't get the bike until you finish the dlc which should take about 5 or 6 hours. I wouldn't start a new file for it though as you don't have access to it until after the Divine Beasts are completed and at that point you'll just be repeating certain sections

Edited on by carlos82

Gameplay_Matters

Help!

Minor spoilers: DLC content Waterblight Ganon IR
I keep running out of arrows. I don't have enough arrows to get him off the ceiling. There is no way to reach him at that point? What am I overlooking?

Gameplay_Matters

JoyBoy

Having revisited this game, because of the DLC, it’s all so nostalgic, and it has not even been a full year yet!
I truly do love this game.

I just finished the master sword trials as well. Really had fun with those. I felt like writing about it, so here it is: (I feel these are not real spoilers but I might as well)
After I finally beat the 2nd one, I was curious and went on to check out the 3rd and final trail.
Even though I made some bad moves in the beginning, which resulted in me having only 3 or 4 hearts, I pushed onwards and found myself doing pretty well thinking to myself, I might actually make this!
Later on, having found 2 chests with ancient arrows in them, I knew what to expect and oh boy, it wasn’t a good feeling. But first, a Lynel... A duel. This was the time to shine, and not having faced a Lynel in maybe 7 months wasn’t exactly encouraging... But to my surprise, I got the feel for it again. And even though he destroyed several of my strongest weapons, I came out considerably well. Next!
And oh yes, there they were, all kinds of guardians stuck in the ground. This was the time to be prepared and strategic! And save my 6 precious arrows! As I was taking them out, 1 by 1, something unexpected happened, which made me panic and waste 4 freaking arrows! Well it was me or those arrows...
Next floor! This was quite humorous. A free roaming Guardian in the top left and 2 horses in the bottem right. Taking my time to tame a horse while keeping an eye out for the guardian was both fun and nerve racking. Used 1 arrow and I was done with it. Next!
This one was boring, but it didn’t prevent me from using my last ancient arrow... Next!
This surely must be it, I thought to myself, the last floor! A Guardian, Guardian Skywatcher and a Guardian Turret. I tell you, those flying Guardians are a pest to take out without ancient arrows. I took them out slowly but carefully one at a time. This was surely it, right? As the game was loading, I was begging for it to be over. I had come this far on my first try!
But it wasn’t to be... as the loading came to an end, a new floor was before me. This was truly a frightening sight to behold. A White-Maned Lynel surrounded by plenty bokoblins on horseback with a Guardian Turret ominously in the background. This was my surely my doom. I considered my options, I had 2 fairies to replenish 5 hearts but more importantly, save me from 2 instadeaths. I had a couple of rations left, but nothing to write home about. So this was it. I decided to grab my Lynel bow, which could shoot 3 arrows at once, and obliterate the whole pack with bomb arrows. This had some striking results, but unfortunately a couple of the bokoblins survived. This meant I had to deal with them while a lovely Lynel was hunting me down, oh and not to forget a freaking laser forcing me to run around like a mad man.
I finally finished off the remaining bokoblins, but in all the chaos I took 2 hits from the Lynel who killed me TWICE, leaving me without any fairy. I ate all the food I had and took on the Lynel with the Turret out of sight. My adrenaline was skyrocketing. I had nothing left and here I was fighting a White Lynel. This Lynel however, had a spear, and because of that seemed quite predictable, he did many of the same moves. So my only real worry now was: do I have enough weapons to take him out!?
As I was fighting the Lynel more and more, I gained confidence. Till...he decided to get angry and do a special “roaring” move (which till date I still haven’t figured out), and in doing so took most of my hearts. 3/4 heart is what I had to work with here. I chuckled as I realized how much the odds were against me. My confidence plummeted because now he had a move I didn’t understand how to dodge let alone see coming. Now it was “shoot m in da face” time. Which was really effective in giving me time to attack. After so many rounds of arrows I finally killed the beast, watched him kneel before me and disappear into thin air. Took one of the horses and destroyed the Turret. Next!?
Finally! I was so happy to see the end floor! The relief was incredible. This was so awesome.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Faruko

Gotta say, Zelda BotW is the first open world game I've really enjoy

If only because it's the only game that it's free and open as i want it to be and doesn't put 737258492 little icons with [removed] stuff to do at the start of the game just for the sake of it, it let me enjoy the game the way i want to

It's so good.

Edited on by Octane

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

BillyBlane

Switchcraft wrote:

Help!

Minor spoilers: DLC content Waterblight Ganon IR
I keep running out of arrows. I don't have enough arrows to get him off the ceiling. There is no way to reach him at that point? What am I overlooking?

If you are really desperate use Urbosa's Fury.

BillyBlane

TuVictus

My memory is fuzzy, but can't you deflect something back to him without needing arrows?

TuVictus

Gameplay_Matters

BillyBlane wrote:

If you are really desperate use Urbosa's Fury.

Of course I used that up for the trial fighting the four ancient devices and that was just before entering the boss... Haha.

Operative2-0 wrote:

My memory is fuzzy, but can't you deflect something back to him without needing arrows?

Yes, I found out that you can stun the ice blocks he throws and then hit them back. But it gets too difficult in the last part when he throws 5 blocks.

Ok, so it seems I will have to run around a bit before facing this boss. Will try recharging Urbosa's Fury.

Gameplay_Matters

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic