Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,121 to 13,140 of 15,210

Haru17

I'm all for weather effects, but the RNG of rain striking right as you're climbing the last three meters of a giant featureless vertical cliff is effin brutal. You're just totally helpless.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

-Green-

The rain slipping thing is one of those features that were cute in theory, but really shouldn't have made it into the game the way it is. It adds next to nothing beyond trying to be cute/realistic and detracts from the gameplay. It's one of those things that baffles me as to why they went to the actual trouble of putting it in.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

Something BotW related is live on Wii U, starting up the eshop and selecting BotW DLC icon downloaded an add-on file. The update doesn't seem to be present though so you probably can't do anything with it.

Also the official info on the eshop does specifically state that the travel medallion and the 9 clothing items are in hidden treasure chests scattered across the world.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Strawpoll: How long will you search fruitlessly before giving up and looking the locations up?

-Green-

I'll probably just look them up. That's usually what I do when it comes to these types of games and collectibles.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

nf_2

I may just use hard mode as an excuse to look for them. I'm curious as to how the saving function will work in Hard mode though. My understanding was that (at least in the Wii U version, not sure about Switch) you could only have one save file at a time. I'm wondering if having a Hard mode save file is separate from a normal save. I'd rather not lose everything I already put into the game...

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

KirbyTheVampire

I almost feel tempted to replay the game in hard mode, but I think it's still too soon. Maybe next year.

KirbyTheVampire

GreenToad

The DLC is out now! Downloading

GreenToad

Undead_terror

After weird issues with the updates... https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAADV44EY6BOXA
I was able to play it, anyways, so far I found the korok mask, the quick travel thing, now I'm trying to find Midna's mask.

Also one thing I will say about the Korok mask, it makes a girly giggle....I hear by call this the mask of the Korok waifu!

Edit: MIDNA'S MASK GIT!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

The64Master

Anybody know where to find the tingle set and phantom set? I found 2 of the 3 pieces for both sets and I'm quite confused where else to look.

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

The64Master

Where is the chest piece lad

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

The64Master

and the phantom helmet

The64Master

The64Master

WHERE IS THE CRAPPING TORSO TINGLE PIECE AND SHADOW HELMET!!!

I couldn't resist using caps.

The64Master

Grumblevolcano

So it turns out 3.7GB is a lie, the DLC + update download is only around 600MB combined. So I guess we can conclude this as dodgy tactics to make Wii U owners buy the Switch version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Well they made the chest searching a lot more engaging despite the ugly chest model and basic nature of it all. The trial of the hero is painfully boring without new enemies, and is really just what the combat shrines should have been all along. I blew myself up on the first Lizalfos pier, so I think that's enough of that for tonight.

The biggest thing this DLC is missing that could make kinda-maybe fool people into thinking it's an event is people... talking. Y'know, that thing RPGs do? Skyrim's first DLC — which was an actual expansion not just scraps — had a random side quest in it about finding ancient dwarven relics. They introduced a character in that who followed you around some of the same environments that were there on launch day collecting each of the relics. It doesn't take a huge deal to make these things more interesting; just hire a writer and a few voice actors for like a day and reskin the Wolf Link AI into a 'talking treasure dog' or some nonsense.

The text on the journal leading to Midna's Helmet means this is in the Child timeline, right? It alludes to all of the items not being exactly what they appear to be, but it speaks of the Hero of Twilight and Midna by name, whereas all the stuff about phantom armor and Majora's Mask (i.e. Termina) is a lot more vague.

Haru17

@Tsurii I can't wait for the stubborn to the point of stupidity people on /r/truezelda to make excuses about DLC and EX and keep insisting it's the Downfall timeline because they like that one more.

IC3M4N

Has Patch 1.3 any Performance Improvement?

IC3M4N

Haru17

@Meowpheel It's literally just a reskin of the Dark Link armor. Pathetic.

And y'know, someone really should get a talking to about all the mounts you can't stable, all the gear you can't upgrade, and now all the DLC gear which is useless! I would have understood it for the masks, but the full armor suits and Midna's Helm have combat abilities. What good are they with such paltry defense!?

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

@Tsurii Yeah, I figured that out right after posting. I've got all the skins now, so all that's left is the sword trial and hero mode.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic